𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

•••

♪• Rɪʜᴀɴɴᴀ - ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs (sʟᴏᴡᴇᴅ & ʀᴇᴠᴇʀʙ)

"Babes, it's not that. It's just complicated." She looked at me confused and sad. This wasn't normally a behaviour I would see from Isla but anything was possible.

"Isla, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to but just know that I am here for you." I looked at her with a small smile.

I had begged Hugo to let me spend time with Isla and Olivia but the only problem was that he didn't necessarily let me go. He went to work and I actually left without letting him know. Another thing was that Olivia wasn't able to hang out now because she had a court case today but would be meeting us all later for dinner.

Hugo and I were going to have dinner with Isla, Olivia, Landon and one of his close friends that I had only met for a short time at our wedding. I guess you could think of it as a big date with friends. It was a Friday and we girls all thought that it was a good time to spend with each other.

"Anna, there is more to it than you think." I watched as she got up off of the couch and started walking towards the kitchen quickly before coming back with the chocolate covered strawberries that I had bought before coming over.

Grabbing one, I quickly bit it, moaning lightly as it tasted delicious. It was really good but I had stopped after hearing Isla laughing at me.

I still hadn't told her about me being pregnant but I wanted to confirm that I was pregnant for sure before telling anyone because if I did and if I wasn't actually pregnant then it would be a disappointment to me and anyone else that I had told.

I felt like a bad friend for not telling anyone but I wanted to do things my way and I knew as much as I really wanted to spill the secret I wanted to stay true to my promise to both Hugo and I.

Her sigh broke me out of my thoughts as she played with the necklace that I haven't really noticed before. It was a gold necklace with a pretty diamond ring on it. I looked at the necklace to her and back to the necklace once more in thought.

"Where did you get that necklace from?" I didn't mean to be up in her business but I was just shocked as to why I haven't seen it before.

"It was from him." Her voice cracked slightly as she started telling me her story.

"I have known him since high school. I guess you could call us highschool sweethearts - the popular girl and a shy boy dating. You know doing what normal couples did when you truly believed that you were in love and that you were each other's person. The one." She looked at me taking deep breaths as she struggled not to cry.

I opened my arms indicating her to come and give me a hug in which she did but later put her head on my lap while I ran my hand through her hair hoping to give her comfort before she spoke again.