Chapter 9

I'm sitting in the grass by my car waiting for Mason. I wonder where he is going to take me. Pulling a piece of grass out of the ground I start twirling it between my fingers. I wonder what Sarah's problem was earlier. Well, I mean, obviously it was that she got dumped for someone else. But what did she mean by "I hope you're happy with your decision?" Am I not good enough for him? What's wrong with me? I need to stop thinking like this, obviously I am good enough for him, considering he broke up with Sarah for me.  If anyone is not good for him it's her. Not me! "Deep in thought?" I jump. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Miles sits down next to me. "It's okay, so what's up?" I ask him. "I was wondering something about Vanessa." Now I'm curious. "What about Vanessa?" he looks at me and I see the insecurity in his eyes. "Do you think she is interested in me?" Yes I definitely do. "Yes! It's obvious she likes you and you like her right? You should ask her out, I'm sure she will say yes." He smiles at me "Okay, thanks!" He stands up. "No problem." I call behind him as he is walking away. Where is Mason? I lay my head back on the grass and stare up at the sky. I look at the clouds, but I can't find any shapes. I search the sky with my eyes until they land on a cloud that looks like a monkey riding a Ferris wheel. What a weird shape to see. I close my eyes and think of where Mason is going to take me. That is if he shows up! I feel movement next to me so I open my eyes to see Mason laying in the grass next to me. I sit up and look down at him. "Where were you?" I ask casually even though I am kinda mad at him for making me wait an hour. What the heck was he doing? "I was talking to a teacher about something." He says. For an hour?  I don't really believe him, but I don't feel like fighting so I just go with the flow. "Okay, so where are you taking me?"  he smiles "you'll see."

He took me to the beach? "The beach?" I stupidly ask. "Now there's more." He leads me down the beach to a peirre and we walk to the end. It overlooks the ocean and you can see where the sun is setting. "It's beautiful." I smile at him. "I come here all the time, and having you here will make it more special to me than it already is." I think that was one of the sweetest things he has ever said to me besides calling me beautiful. "Thank you for bringing me." I say and lean in to kiss him. He pulls me over to a blanket that is sitting on the floor and has food on it. We're going to have a picnic! This is totally a movie date, and by that I mean the perfect dates that always happen in movies. How cliche, but I still love it.

After the picnic he drives me home. When he pulls into my driveway, he looks over at me. "I have to tell you something. " This doesn't sound good. Is he breaking up with me? "What?" I ask slowly. "I wasn't really talking to a teacher after school." He wasn't? "Then where were you?" He looks over at me and I see guilt was over his face. "I was with Sarah."