Chapter 24

Thankfully my mom is home and sitting on the couch when I walk in. I quietly walk into the living room and sit down next to her. I take in a deep breath before speaking. "I'm really sorry." I say causing her to look up at me. "I'm sorry too Lacey. I shouldn't have hit you." she stops and then continues, "your right." Huh? "Right about what?" I ask dumbfounded. "I do spend too much time with him. But he makes me happy, Lacey. I promise you that I"m not trying to replace your father or you." she sobs. I pull her into my arms and hug her tightly. "I know that. I didn't mean anything that I said earlier. I was just angry. I really want you to be happy, you know I do. I don't know why I got so mad. I didn't mean to crash the car either. I don't know why I did that." She grabs a tissue and wipes her eyes. "I know why you crashed the car yesterday." She does? I don't even know why I did that. "Can you tell me, because I dont even know why I did that." I breathe. "Lacey, yesterday was the anniversary." The anniversary! I completely forgot. No wonder I crashed the car. I was so mad that my mom was spending all her time with Mark and I thought she replaced my dad. He's been dead for three years now. Yesterday was the anniversary of his death and Rebecca's dissaperance.

Rebecca. I hate to admit it but I dont think she's still out there. I sure hope she is. I really miss her. She was the best friend that I ever had. I have Vanessa, Seirra and Serina but Rebecca knew everything about me. If she is still out there, then they better find her.

"I can't beleive I forgot." I whisper. She let's go of our embrace and looks me in the eyes. "I think you forgot because your trying to forget that bad part of your life." she says. "But, I don't want to forget him." I cry. "Lacey, you won't. You can never forget him and neither can I. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to move on with that part of our lives. That's why we moved here. Don't forget him. Just remeber all the good times." She comfortingly states and I completely agree with her. I won't ever forget about him. I'll make sure of that. I know I can't just forget about all the bad things but that doesn't mean that I can't try.

A/N Hey guys! Sorry that this chapter doesn't have much drama/action in it. I thought that this talk was important and needed to happen. I will be updating again later tonight hopefully. Just a heads up. Updates won't be coming as often because my phone is shut off and I don't have internet on it anymore. I really hope that it gets turned back on soon though. Wattpad has become my life. Anyway, love you guys. Thanks so much for reading. You mean everything. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo