Chapter 14

(A/N The picture above is who I picture Mason as.)

I'm hot, too hot. I open my eyes and the sun is streaming through the blinds. Mason is wrapped around me like ivy and snoring gently. Careful not to wake him, I slowly lift his arm up and get out of bed. I set his arm on the bed, and he stirs slightly, but doesn't wake up. I open my bedroom door and head downstairs.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I realize that I don't hear my mom. Which either means that she is still asleep, or that she isn't home. I do remember her telling me that she had to work Saturday. I walk over to the fridge and pull a box of frozen waffles put in the freezer. Carrying the box over to the counter I pull a waffle out of the box and shove it in the toaster.

When my waffle pops up, I grab it and put it on a plate. I put butter and syrup on it, and take a bite.

After I finish my waffle, I head back upstairs. Mason is awake and sitting up in bed when I walk into the room. I grab a towel and then walk over and give him a kiss, "good morning." He smiles, "good morning to you too. What are you doing?" He looks down at the towel in my hands. "I'm going to take a shower." He looks up at me, "Can I join you?" Can he? I don't see why not, but I kind of don't want him to. I know he has seen most of my body, but I'm still insecure about it. "Um, I don't know." I look down. "Hey, what's wrong?" He grabs my chin and forces my eyes up to meet his. "I just don't like my body." I whisper, and look away. He grabs my hand and I look at him, "Your body is beautiful, and so is what's on the inside. Don't ever forget that." He leans in and kisses me, "lets take a shower now, yeah?" I smile "yeah." And head to the bathroom.

I quickly strip down and step into the shower. The water is hot, and takes a second to get used to. I hear Mason step in behind me as I'm scrubbing shampoo in my hair. I rinse my hair and turn to face him. I hand him the shampoo and his eyes hungrily travel up and down my body. I find myself doing the same to him, and my eyes stop at his manhood. Wow! It's so...big. He catches me staring and I quickly look away. "Admiring the view?" He teases. "Maybe." I mumble. "Good, because so am I." His tone is seductive now as his eyes travel up and down my body once again. I playfully roll my eyes and turn to put conditioner in my hair. I hear him chuckle behind me and the noise of the shampoo being squeezed in his hand. After I rinse my hair, I grab my lufa and start washing my body.

I'm sitting on the couch watching Big Bang Theory, when Mason comes down the stairs. He walks over to me with keys in his hands, "ready?" He asks, stretching his hand out to help me off the couch. "For what?" I ask and grab his hand. "It's a surprise."

...

"Are we almost there?" I whine. "Yes." Mason looks at me momentarily before focusing his eyes on the road. After five more minutes of driving, it's starting to get dark. Stupid daylight saving time. Mason pulls into a lot that is all lit up and crowded with people. When we get out of the car, I see rides set up all over the lot, and different sorts of food wagons. We're at the carnival! I look up at Mason and smile. We stop at a booth and he gives the lady money for tickets. "What do you want to ride first?" He asks. I scan the lot with my eyes until they land on the tilt a whirl. "How about the tilt a whirl?" He nods his head and we start walking towards the ride of my choice. When the man opens the gate to let us in, I sit in the first empty booth I see. Mason sits next to me and pulls the bar onto our laps. The ride starts out slow, and then it really starts to spin.

"I'm surprised you didn't throw up." Mason says when we step off the ride. "Why?" I ask. "Because most girls don't have a strong stomach." Sexist much. "That's sexist." I tease.

After we ride the Gravitron, Ferris Wheel, and the scrambler, we have zero tickets left. As we're walking down the lot towards the car, I spot a photo booth. I pull Mason's hand, "lets go into the photo booth." We step in and he puts a five in the money slot. We take five different pictures. One of us smiling, laughing, sticking our tongues out, and two of us kissing.

...

"What can I get for you?" The waitress asks me. "I' LL has the ravioli, please." I say. "And ill have the Chicken Parmesan." Mason says and hands her our menus.

When our food come, I dig right in. The ravioli are delicious and...hot. I take a drink of my water to help. "Good?" Mason asks. "Very." I smile and take another bite.

After eating our food, Mason pays the bill and we walk out to the car. He opens the door for me and I get in the car. I watch him walk over to the drivers side and swiftly climb in. He catches me catches me watching him, "admiring the view?" I smile over at him, "yes, very much."

When he pulls into my driveway he leans over and kisses me. The fire ignites and I put my fingers in his hair and pull him closer to me. He presses his hand on the small of my back and I climb onto his lap. The kiss gets more hungry and I start rocking my hips. I should probally go inside now. I pull away, give him one more swift kiss and climb off his lap and out of the car.

When I walk into the house my mom is sitting at the kitchen table with the car keys in her hand and she's crying. "Mom, whats wrong?" She looks up at me, her eyes puffy from crying. "I'ts your dad. They know who killed him."