Chapter 4:

Room was so big and dark as D3 team members took their seat. A projector had been operated by Wahi who sat exactly opposite to the gang and seats beside were empty. "Well… u guys are on time" he spoke without lifting his eyes from screen. "Thought we could make the first impression the best" Rey winked. Wahi tore his gaze from the screen and sniggered at them "Save your efforts, Rey. You don't know about Mr. sobti. He isn't easily impressed at all".

"Did I miss anything?" Rithvik followed Surbhi into the conference Hall and took seats beside Wahi. "Not a word" Wahi typed something and looked up "oh…here he comes…" Mr. Sobti walked in with a stoic face. A Kindle of nervousness buzzed in the air.  "Where's Taani?" He looked rather at the door than at any of them. "Hum log dikai nahi de Raha hai Kya" surbhi muttered in annoyance at his no acknowledgement. "I heard that" Rithvik & Wahi whispered simultaneously.

"Sorry… I held up" Taani gave a small apology and sat beside Rithvik. Mr. Sobti nodded. "How do you do that?" Rithvik asked Taani quietly. "Do what exactly? Mr. Dhanjani?" Mr. Sobti raised an eyebrow. "Nothing" he sunk low in his chair. Taani rolled her eyes. Gang watched them cautiously. "If that's all we are, please start Mr.Wahi" Mr. Sobti stated impatiently. Wahi began the presentation containing what the annual ceremony of academy is about and how important it is to upheld the growth of the company. Later on he introduced all the 12 members of gang and their respected internship depts. Eventually Rey and Sharon took turns to present their old video performances. Their winning shows. The meeting was all about learning the caliber of D3 members and how important it was for them to have the opportunity working in the company. "Well. It's impressive. But I must know why it is so important for you to take up with our company?" Mr.Sobti questioned rather quizzically. It was kriya who answered "it is our dream to build a dance academy and provide a step up for all the dreamers out there, sir". Rey continued "what better opportunity than the B & S academy where we get to not just teach but to showcase our talent". Mr.Sobti gave a half smile. That was kind of rare. For which Surbhi rolled her eyes. Taani felt little uncomfortable at the synchronization of Rey and kriya. They were so in synch. "It's a great pleasure to work here and learn things which we may never learn elsewhere, sir. As Rey said, it's a great opportunity for us" Swayam put forth his views too. Mr. Sobti watched other team members expecting any of them to speak. But they remained silent. He then looked at Taani "What do you say, Taani?". Everyone looked at her. Gang watched curiously. They never saw Taani taking the limelight. But here she's. It was quite odd to Rey to see out of all of the others, he asked only Taani. "They are quite brilliant, sir. Also, Rithvik choreographed some of the dances for them and have watched them. He says they are amazing too" she completed without letting her eyes wander anywhere but to Mr. Sobti. "I thought so too" he exclaimed. "Well then, Taani and Mr. Wahi, I would like you both to monitor everything related to the event. And you both….yes Mr.Dhanjani, it's you...Will be working with the D3 gang monitor their teachings and routines for the event. And yes Mrs.Sobti, you too…. You will be assisting them and take care of all their necessities". Gang looked perplexed at the mention of Mrs. Sobti to Surbhi."

"Oh… weren't these 3 enough to babysit… now I am gonna have all of you" Surbhi sneered in disgust as the meeting was over and all of them proceeded out. "Hey, we didn't call for that…" Sharon was offended. "Oh don't mind Sharon" Taani giggled holding some files in her hand. "You are not helping" Wahi put his hand around Taani's shoulder and started chuckling along with her. "I'm being such a mother…." Surbhi spoke to herself not listening to others. "I wonder how they both ended up marrying each other" Rithvik was appalled. "Ask me…. I wonder it everyday" Taani sighed. "Really? I mean Surbhi and Mr.sobti…." Kriya was cut short. "Oh yes… he's a husband of mine" surbhi rolled her eyes pushing out of her way to go behind him "Mr. Sobti, hold on"

"Abe Kya chemistry Nikli hai yaha" Neil and Vicky discussed raising their hands in chemistry gesture. Amar and bharath have joined along too. ReYam looked at them in disgust while Sharon & kriya exchanged a confused look. All this while Taani, Wahi & Rithvik laughed holding on to each other. A slight pang hit Rey watching her smile with the people she barely knew. That kind of laugh… he had never seen her being so content. She indeed looked happy. Even Swayam thought the same.

******

A week later, all were tired practicing continuously. Rithvik invited all of them to his house for dinner. "I feel like a baked pea" Taani placed a chocolate fudge cake on the dining matress where Surbhi arranged the plates for all of the guests. They were at Rithvik's place. Though he was the one invited them for dinner he knew nothing of cooking. He simply depended on Taani & Surbhi to organize it.

"What would I do if you people weren't with me" Rithvik came with a dessert while Wahi looked exhausted and slumped into nearby chair "You would sulk" Wahi muttered. "Obviously" Taani & Surbhi chuckled.

Short after minutes, D3 gang arrived. Everyone were happy with the little change in environment and served themselves with the nice food. "Chocolate fudge is delicious. I love it." Kriya exploded in ecstasy as she ate little more of it. "All credit to Taani. She was the one to cook it" Wahi looked sheepishly at her. Kriya who was serving chocolate fudge into Rey's plate suddenly stopped. She placed it back. Instead served strawberry ice cream as a dessert. Taani observed. As well as Rithvik. Even Rey felt the weirdness of Kriya's action. All others were busy in eating. "I missed eating your haath ka Khana Taani…. It's so good to taste them again" Swayam proudly ate knowing everything on the table was cooked by her. Kriya looked little…. Maybe angry.

******

After dinner, everyone sat in the lawn talking and chatting about everything except Taani. Taani was in kitchen cleaning up the table. She knew Rithvik would leave the table until she returns back for other dinner & clean it again. He's such a mess sometimes. "Do you mind if I join?" Sharon surprised her standing beside. "Er… no…. But it's ….fine…. It's completed anyway" she smiled a little. "It's good to finally see you so happy, Taani" Sharon spoke. Taani for a second watched her. Not knowing how to respond. Happy. Was she happy? Maybe she didn't knew that statement really made any change. "How is vishesh?" Sharon asked literally meaning to strike a conversation with her. Taani was taken aback. Vishesh. She didn't speak about him for years. She was engaged with him. They would have been married today if not for that fateful night. But how she was suppose to answer that question. "Taani…" Sharon called her. When she didn't respond she poked in her arm. "Oh….vishesh….er …" before Taani could respond thunder & lightening has started outside. And others were hooting. A small music played. Sharon & Taani exchanged looks. "We better don't miss anything" Taani tried changing the subject and drove out as Sharon followed her.

Rain poured wetting everyone. They didn't even made an effort to get out of it. They all danced…surbhi danced in between Wahi & Rithvik while D3 gang enjoyed in group. Swayam came up to Sharon & asked her hand to dance. She blushed obliging to his command and joined him. They soon immersed in a silent wave. Kriya pulled Rey to the side and they swayed in circles. Rey held Kriya's hand and spun her. Then, kriya pulled him close their lips inches apart…. Taani turned away. She could feel the pit of her stomach knotting in an unpleasant way. She shouldn't be feeling this. It was not fair.

"Taani….yaha Kya Kar Rahi ho? Come dance with me" Wahi pulled her into the rain. The sudden pull made her crash into his chest and held onto him tightly. That was the moment Rey took notice of Taani. He hardly could contain the sudden oppression bloomed towards Wahi. He looked quiet angry. She was engaged to someone after all. And he didn't wish she got into any other complications. That was the only reason he could find to calm his inner turmoil. He was over her. But he cared for her still. Taani laughed as Wahi pulled her into a tight hug. Rey clenched his fist and smiled towards kriya hoping he wasn't upsetting her.