Chapter 11

Author's note:

Hello all,
Thank you for all the suggestions you have put through. I'm dealing with half of people asking me for TaaRey while half of them preferring Taani & Rithvik as end game. So I'm even more confused now. But I will see what's best for the story and bring that in.

Thank you

Love
Asha.

Enjoy the update.
Do vote and comment your views.

Chapter 11:

"Mom and Dad, this is Taani" Rithvik introduced her to his parents. Taani had chosen a simple white anarkali and braided her hair. Surbhi and Wahi insisted they would come along but Rithvik shooed them. He was very well aware they would make all of this funny in front of his parents and he didn't want either he or Taani to get embarassed with the acting they agreed upon. Taani did namaste. "She's very pretty" his mother exclaimed giving her a warm hug. "Indeed" his father watched her lovingly. Taani felt really uncomfortable. She didn't like lying to his parents. But she promised him. All of the 4 joined for a lunch at Rithvik's home. His parents chatted with her not considering his presence. Taani spoke nonchalantly and probably it was the first time he saw her being so open. He always knew Taani as a great friend. She was happy when she was with them but he always noticed a dark shadow lurking behind her smile. He never asked her. Just because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. Hoping, she would reveal herself if there had been something bothering her. "What do you want to do after marriage, Taani?" Rithvik's dad asked her. Taani became silent. First thing, they were talking about marriage. Secondly, did they expect her to do any particular thing, she didn't know. She was sick of people expecting from others to have particular agenda in their life. She really didn't like to be rude to him. But the question made her go uneasy. "Should she really do something after marriage,dad?" Rithvik interrupted before his father could bombard any more questions. Taani smiled inwardly, though she was capable of answering. She liked how protective Rithvik was at times. "I mean to say, if Taani wants to join our buisness, I'll be more than happy to welcome her. If she wants to travel, I would make sure you get her the next flight once you tie knot. If at all she wishes to have a family and stay happy, I would be more than glad to know that we have chosen the right daughter-in-law for our family" his father concluded plastering a big smile on his face. "We don't want to pressurize Taani in any way. It's her option. She can do whatever she want and we stand with it" his mother patted her arm. Tears really welled up in her eyes. Never in her life, someone gladly accepted her for whatever she's. She felt an amount of respect raising to both.

"You know what…." Rithvik beamed. "You guys are the best parents anyone can have. I'm fortunate enough that I'm your son" he pulled his parents into a bone crashing hug. He always had an inkling of his thoughts towards his life partner. And he felt surreal when all those thoughts matched with his parents. He can never imagine forcing someone to do something. He will always welcome his partner with open arms to the idea of chosing everything for herself. He doesn't want her to put him before him at all. Coming that from his parents confirmed how right he was. Coming to Taani, it's not like he never thought of her. He thought of her being his gf at times. Though he never voiced out even with Surbhi or Wahi. They would publicise it to every inch of the nation and that would just make things haywire with Taani. Because he doesn't want to jeopardize his friendship with her whether his wish succeeded or not. He would never do that if Taani didn't like it.

******

After a week, everyone rested in RH except Taani. Swayam and Sharon performed their duo. Rithvik observed them for any mistakes. But they were more than perfect in all the steps. "You both are nailing it" he complimented as they finished their last move. "Yeah….." surbhi agreed. "Chemistry is blazing hot" Wahi chuckled. Sharon blushed. "Thanks" Swayam muttered his face turning pink. "They are always the epic couple" simmi giggled. Boys and girls laughed. "Where's Taani?" Rithvik asked his friends. "Probably meeting would have been completed by now" Surbhi checked her phone. "She's a busy girl" Wahi watched both of them. "Baby boy, don't you remember we have planned dinner tonight" Rithvik put his hands on Wahi's shoulder. "Don't tell me you haven't told Taani about it" he squeezed his shoulder harder playfully. "Oh don't sulk…." Wahi muttered. "Oi…. She's here already" surbhi spluttered.