Chapter 34

Rey stretched his arms and legs after a severe practice session. Gang were huddled on the ground throwing lazy tantrums at each other. "Here" Kriya handed over a water bottle to Rey who looked surprised at her smiling face. It wasn't as if they had become normal as before. No. But definitely they were making progress. Kriya was slightly opening up towards him. Though he knew she wouldn't forgive him easily, she equally made an attempt to clear misunderstandings between them.

"Hi everyone" Taani entered into RH catching everyone's attention. "Hey…" Rey waved while others cooed "Taani…". "Someone is here to meet u guys..." She beamed knowing something. "Hume Milne kaun Aya hai be?" Bharath gazed at Amar in confusion. "Kaun hai, Taani?" Sharon walked hands on her hips followed by Swayam's questioning look.

Taani twisted her head towards door to answer them. Nil trotted along with simmi and Vicky inside. Everyone froze, watching in between them and Taani, suddenly at loss of words. None spoke. "Guys…" Taani broke the silence watching their numb faces. "Taani... Ye…sab…" Swayam was the first one to recover. "Bhai… mein janti hu… aap log tumhare friends ko kitne miss karte hai… Aur just because koi Mera wajood ko chot pahunchaye… mein bi un logonko Wahi nahi karna chahti hu… moreover, unke galti ka saza unhe mil Chuka hai… and I don't have any rights to kill someone's dream" she uttered loud enough. There were no words of gratitude for this girl. Even after damaging her through their hurtful words, yet she was here. Forgiving them and giving a second chance.

"They deserve to be with you, guys… Akhir wo log bi utna hi mehnat Kiya hai…" Taani looked at all. "I hope abi humare beech sab kuch normal hai" she looked towards Nil, simmi & Vicky. "Thank you so much, Taani" simmi expressed. "Guys… we are sorry… hum sirf Taani ka Dil nahi dukaya… aap logon ka bi Dil dukaya… we are really sorry" he stared down. Rey and Swayam exchanged a glance. "We are sorry, guys" all three of them spoke in unison. The angry glares team were giving evaporated in a second. Next second, they were on each other hugging, patting on the back and murmuring nuiances. After a few minutes of flowing in the joy of getting back to their friends, Nil announced "guys..". Everyone turned to him. But he stared at Rey. "I have something to confess" he looked at Taani. She didn't knew what he was up to. But she was just smiling at them. She never wanted to be a hindrance among them. Whatever she said was true. Yes, she was angry at a point. Later, it wasn't the same. When Nil had apologized and backed out at the cafe, she realized she had forgiven them way before. And it's wrong to punish them for so long. She had even seen how much the team missed them even if they weren't vocal about it. So, she decided it was the right thing she could do.

"Rey, we got a sponsorship for our D3 project…" Nil confessed. "What?" Rey exclaimed as everyone shunned to silence. "Ha, Rey… including from construction to infrastructure, we got a sponsorship…" Vicky beamed. "How? I mean… who?" Rey was flabbergasted. Three of them turned to Taani and suddenly she was conscious. "Are… bolna…" Rey was so excited. There was hope for them. He couldn't have been anymore excited in his life. There was someone who was ready to invest for their dream project. "What about the loan?" Sharon interfered. Nil started explaining how he met Kunal and inturn how Kunal helped him to meet someone who could solve their problem. And abruptly he stopped. "Our sponsor is none other than…." Simmi watched Taani. She averted her gaze with a knowing smile. "Mr.Sobti" Nil clarified. Everyone were confused like hell. "But?" Rey's head would definitely explode. He was casually aware of Mr.Sobti's anger after all the mess created by these about Taani. And he was not sure how that damn person could help them. "It was Taani, Rey. It was Taani whom Kunal introduced me. And she is the one requested MR.Sobti to give us a chance and look into our project. She's the only reason today we are all together" Nil smiled at her. "It's only because of her we even got this sponsorship, Rey." Vicky added.

Taani felt uncomfortable at their penetrating gaze. Yes, it was true. She was the one to bring them here. It was also true, she was the one to request Mr.Sobti to forgive them and offer this solely because they were talented. He was adamant to not allow them even into the premises. It took an hour of  explanation along with Surbhi backing her up, for him to accept. But the sponsorship was completely looked in favor of their talent and not on any personal relationship status. They had the talent, passion and dedication for their art. It was all needed to encourage and build a professional rapport with the team. So he finally agreed on a condition - if any single personal remark, the whole team would be fired immediately. Nil, Simmi & Vicky promised him it wouldn't repeat or they wouldn't give any chance of it.

Rey rushed, pulling Taani into a hug. There was nothing in the world for the happiness she had given to him even after all the pain he showered upon her. Taani was startled at the gesture but patted his back understanding how overwhelming he was. "Thank you" he whispered in her ear. "This means a lot" he didn't pull out of the hug or looked into his eyes. He just embraced her feeling the warmth of contentment. She had always given him and never demanded anything in return.

Gang exchanged knowing looks and everyone ran falling on Taani and Rey forming a group hug. All of them were so happy after so long. There were no misunderstandings. There was a bliss in each of them. Maybe Taani had never been a member of their group until now. But things changed at that moment. Even if she wasn't a part of their group technically, she will be a part of it always.

******

"Meine sahi Kiya na?" Taani put her fork in the plate and looked up to Rithvik. He caught her fork and sunk it in a piece of paneer. They were out tonight for dinner. "Taani… it was the best thing you did..." He was proud of her. If he was in her place, probably he wasn't the person to forgive easily. But, she did. It takes a lot of kindness to do it. And he loved that about his girl. "When I think I can't love you any more than now, you give me hundred more reasons everyday to love you even more, Taani" he fed her a piece of paneer, holding her hand. "You are over exaggerating it" She flushed in pink and raised her eyebrows. "Is it?" His thumb caressed back of her palm. "Still, that's the truth, baby" his face was mere inches from her. Both were agonizingly gazing at each other. After coming back from Kerala, they never got alone time more than an hour. Even now, Swayam and Mr. sobti had strictly ordered Rithvik to bring her back when thin hour. He could have argued. But damn! They were being freaking possessive and somewhere he kind of liked their over protectiveness towards her. It means she had more people who loved her.

"Aur kuch chahiye, sir" waiter intervened them. It broke their stance and both pulled out, settling in their chairs. "Nothing else…bas… bill please" Rithvik cursed at his timing. After the departure of waiter, both of them burst into laughing.

******

"Are you ready for it, guys" Mr. Sobti had no intention of listening no. "Yes, sir" cheered his set of employees. The award ceremony function was in about three days. Everyone were working day and night. Taani, surbhi, Wahi and Rithvik were almost invisible because of the preparations. However, Jennifer, new girl was looking after his schedules for time being upon Taani's instructions. All the performing teams were tirelessly practicing. He was even impressed with D3 gang who left no stone unturned. Why not? Their performance in the award ceremony would bring whole lot of exposure to their team. And as per his guess, they would top the list and may grab many more opportunities. Also, there was an excitement in the air about who will bag the award in between Surbhi and Taani. He would be happy if any of the girl owns it. After all, both of them were important part of his life. And even he was excited for the upcoming event.

******

Author's Note:

Hi guys, how are you all? Did you read the story? Did you liked it? Let me know through your votes and comments.

After a lot of thinking, I felt story would be dragging if I continue with more chapters. So just so that to sustain the essence of the story, I will be completing it with next two chapters.

The story is coming towards the end. Next chapter is the last one and an epilogue will be added.

Hope you will give the same love towards it's last days.

Thank you
Love - Asha