Chapter 10

Surbhi, Wahi and Taani sat in the canteen. Freshly cooked sandwiches were served along with beacons. "Hmmm…. These beacons are just too tasty" Surbhi gloated. "You can eat grass and still find it's tasty" Wahi groaned. "Shut up, Wahi. Grass is for animals…" Taani burst out laughing. Surbhi glared both of them and chucked a punch to them. "Where the hell have Rithvik been? He isn't picking up the calls nor told me anything about his absence" Taani asked her two friends missing him out in the picture. "Don't tell me you are missing him" Surbhi frowned. "Why can't she miss him?" Wahi suppressed a notorious smile. "Wahi…. She's being ridiculous with me from past two days" Taani muttered. Taani had observed Surbhi behaving strange with her in some scenarios. Just like she over reading of her intentions towards Rithvik. Rithvik never gone anywhere without noticing Taani from the time he met her. But from past two days, he had been vanished. He didn't pick her calls too. She was worried. And surbhi thought she was developing unattachable emotions towards him. Crazy! "What's wrong in that, Taani? You could chose any of us" Wahi beamed moving closer to her. "Oh man…. U have lost it like her, Wahi" Taani fidgeted nervously. She didn't know what got into her friends as they behaved bizzare. "See... Me and Rithvik…. U can opt anyone of us… we look handsome….dashing….n we earn good money… n maybe we had some failed relationships in the past… but you have been our friend for two years and it's wonder that you haven't fell in love with one of us" he complained. Taani sat numb. Definitely she was overcoming the crazy enigma of her friends. Surbhi spit her OJ laughing hard. She put her face on the table and laughed out loud which made her hold stomach in the fit of giggles. "You are not serious" Taani scowled. "Oh…I'm very much serious…. Don't you remember…we had great chemistry too" he said casually leaning back on his chair. Taani felt heat rushing to her cheeks in embarrassment.

All the while, D3 gang watched and listened to the conversation from afar table. "What the hell is happening?" Simmi gave a disgusted look towards Taani and their gang. "She's engaged…." Rinni was enlightened. "Guys… stop it…" Sharon defended hoping it didn't disturb Swayam. "They are not being wrong Sharon" Vicky intruded. "If you have forgotten, we had gone to Taani's engagement with vishesh" nil said. "She's engaged?" Kriya looked for confirmation. "Yes" Amar responded. "Why you guys are interfering, Neha asking" said Neha. "Abe…. engagement kisi ke saat….aur…" bharath started to say. "Mind your tongue bharath" Swayam burst out. "Sorry that it's your sister, Swayam. But we aren't speaking anything bad right? If she's engaged n all….then her closeness with those two boys looks fishy" Kriya tried hard to damage Taani's image. "Kriya" Rey chastised her. He looked quite taken aback. "Did I just say something wrong, Rey?" She dared him to answer. "I mean I won't like if you get close to any other girl. Because you are my bf. The same way, Taani's fiancee may not like her being close with other boys. She's engaged to somebody and shouldn't cross a line of her limits" she said it in his face. He didn't respond. He somewhere felt that exact question. He didn't like her being close to Wahi especially. However he thought it was because of vishesh. "Maybe…." Rey whispered himself. That's all it took to shake Swayam. "Can you all stop it, please" he shrieked in annoyance. "You guys just don't know anything. So please shut ur mouths" he yelled. "Just because she's your sister… n now she's successful n all… don't expect us to be nice to her, Swayam" Nil argued. Swayam laughed as the fury built in him. "It's because of Rey, she is here" Vicky joined in the argument. "Guys….you are crossing the line" Sharon intervened. "Let them speak, Sharon" Swayam grit his teeth. "Oh…come on Swayam... Why are you getting so hyped up about her now?" Simmi asked. "If it wasn't for Rey, she would have been throttling our neck even now" nil shrugged. Rey looked incredibly at his friends. He knew the tolerance of his friends for Taani. But he didn't know that they carried it even now. Even after all these years far away from her. Never once he defended her when they openly humiliated her in front of him in the past. And he was repeating the same mistake again.

"Guys… I never spoke against you people when Taani was included. I always preferred all of you over her. But honestly, stop blaming her when she has no reason to be involved with you guys. You people have no rights to talk about her or her with Rey or her with any other guy. You have witnessed just Taani's engagement but not the life after it. So stop putting all your unsatisfied ego on her and concentrate why we are here" Swayam exploded rashly. All looked abashed at his serious tone. None made a retort.

******

"Taani…" Rithvik ran across the reception in the ground floor and hugged her, placing a small peck on her cheek. She blushed rather uncertainly. "Where the hell have you been?" She chided not reciprocating the warmth of meeting him. "Oh…. I forgot to inform you…." He scowled. "That's what I'm asking you Mr.Dhanjani?" She crossed her hands. D3 gang who were passing for RH in the hall stood dumbfounded watching both of them. Also several students halted to witness them. "Guess…what? Mom n dad are in the city" he kept his hands on her shoulder. "oh… that's great" she smiled forgetting that she was giving him a cold shoulder. "It was all of a sudden arrival…so I had gone the minute I heard… I couldn't let pass the information to any one of you ..though I informed Mr.  Sobti regarding leave" he blinked. "And there is something I want to talk about" he said. She kept quite allowing him to talk. "Not here" his lips curled. "You want privacy, Mr.Dhanjani?" She was surprised at him. He never preferred things hidden. He always very vocal in front of all. "Yes, Ms.Shekawat" he put a hand across for her to hold him. She raised an eyebrow. He shrugged smirking. She locked her elbow with him and walked away.

Rey felt as if all the cockroaches crawled on his body. The very sight of Taani with other men displeased him. He loathed Wahi to some extent and now he started disliking even Rithvik. The Rithvik whom he idolised in the name of dance. Swayam looked as confused as everyone were. Gang didn't utter a word after that small lecture taken by Swayam on previous day.

******

Surbhi and Wahi were sitting in the meeting hall, where Rithvik and Taani walked hand in hand… "whoa…whoa….whats happening here?" Surbhi struck writing pen in her mouth and stared them. "Are you gonna break my heart, Taani" Wahi faked a sullen heartbroken gesture. Rithvik and Taani rolled their eyes. "He wants to talk something serious with me" Taani released her hand from him which Rithvik grabbed instantly. "How do we look together?" He asked surbhi & Wahi. "What's that question for?" Taani punched him. "Ouch Taani…You should stop punching me often….I'm getting serious seizures alright" he rubbed the area hit by her. "You both…stop fighting and tell us what's going on?" Surbhi removed the pen and sat straight. "I think me and Taani would make a better pair" he glared at Wahi. Now it's time for Wahi to roll his eyes. "Rithvik" Taani chided. "Okay…okay…." Rithvik concentrated on Taani. "Wo Kya haina Taani… mom n dad wants me to get married as soon as possible." He said. All listened carefully. "They have fixed a match with some girl whom I don't even know. So I lied to them saying I'm seeing someone already" he blinked innocently. "who's that someone?" Taani was getting the vibes of this story going in a very wrong way. So as Wahi and Surbhi. "It's you" he laughed nervously. Silence occupied. Several things happened simultaneously. "Are you crazy?" Taani bellowed. "What?" Wahi jumped up. "That's awesome" surbhi screamed.

"Please….Taani…. Please…pretty please…. I just want us to act like lovers until I somehow convince my parents that I'm not yet ready for marriage and then I will let them know the truth.…please….you are the only who can save me…." He held her hands pleading. "Rithvik, you can't force her" Wahi came for the rescue. "You shut up, Wahi. Rithvik is just asking a favor. You can't deny him, Taani. You are his friend. Just think, if you don't help him, he could lose his marbles for wrong person" she said. Rithvik gave her a disgusted look. He didn't understood whether she helped him or just took the opportunity to mock him.  "Surbhi…. Have you lost it too…. You are suggesting me to play along" Taani shrieked. But surbhi knew what she was doing. She so wanted Taani to have some fun in life. Though she is aware of Rithvik asking her to act, she can't help wondering if they really started dating and falling for each other. "Taani…. Please….." Rithvik didn't let go her palm. "You would say the truth once you convince them out of it. Right" she asked cursing herself for what she was doing. "Taani, are you sure you want to do it?" Wahi asked. She smiled at him. She knew his concern. He didn't let her do it for anyone's sake if she wasn't comfortable with it. Though she didn't like doing it, they were all she got. And she would do anything for them without thinking twice. "Okay" So she accepted. Rithvik hugged her and placed a kiss on her cheek. This time, the peck on her cheek had everything to do with her Scarlett face.