Chapter 31

Rey took the center stage eventually leading the gang. The music began and the gang members stepped up into their shoes. As just Bharath flipped in a triple jumps, others moved their bodies effortlessly in a symphony. Loud cheers erupted from the audience as the performance continued.

The same sweet sensation filled Taani. It was always surreal to watch gang perform. Irrespective of the nervousness for her performance next, she was starstuck watching D3 gang fluidly perform. Everyone could easily say they oozed their passion in each and every step. They had remixed different types of dance forms and split each form by two dancing simultaneously to the same beat. And that was the highlight. They were literally so good.

Rey's face emoted joy and only joy while he waved his body with a contemporary moves. That was the Rey she had fell for, once upon a time. Seeing him the same again didn't stir all the old feels. Instead, relieved her. Maybe due to the past few days drama she was actually worried for him. She still loved him. But the definition of love between the two have changed. She cared for him. She wished all the happiness for him. And she knew where his happiness lied. Dance. It was only dance. There was a way for him to move on. There is also something he would always hold on. And it'll ever be dance.

"Phad rahe hai na" Rithvik joined her in the corridor hall watching gang performance. Taani smiled nodding. "I have already told them… and phirse mein kahunga… they are really really good…" he complimented again. Even though Rey was included in the gang, though he was an ex bf of Taani, though he had made some irreversible mistakes which Rithvik would never forgive, yet he was proud of these people whose dreams were as his. He appreciated their talent amidst of all the misunderstandings they had.

******

As the performance ended, Vicky looked away from the TV. "Kash hum bi waha perform Kar rahe hotel" he pushed his mug of coffee on the nearby table. Simmi and nil looked at each other. They deserved to be abandoned after all the drama they had created. It was such an EPIPHANY. The one who they taught was inferior to her was the one ruled the charts in their life in a superior way today. That's why people say, one must mind before indulging their nose in someone else's buisness. "I miss them yaar…I miss performing with them" simmi lowered her eyes from tv screen with abundant guilt etched on her face. "Itna sab kuch Hogaya... But we never realized … ki hume Taani se maafi mangni chahiye…" Nil spoke more to himself. "You are right, nil. Humne Jo bi Kiya wo galat ta… bahut galat… we shouldn't have insulted her or made fun of her… just because we were insecure…" Vicky had realized this way early but he never vocalized. At least at the moment, he wanted to confront. "Yeah guys… She was our friend… abi bi wo Humare saath bahut ache se hi ti… lekin…." Simmi paused and looked at them. "It was all started because of me. I'm the one reason for our situation today. I'm really sorry guys… I wish I could take back all those things which I told Taani..." She sulked.

******

"You guys were fab, Bhai" Taani hugged her brother, congratulating all others. "Truly… u guys nailed it" Rithvik clapped his hand on Bharath's shoulder and then patted Amar, giving HiFi to all the girls and stopping instantly at Rey who just entered. There was a sudden airy silence. "You were wonderful Rey" Rithvik complimented. Rey had no idea whether to accept his appreciation or get away from the man who had taken one of the important person of his life. "Thanks" he just responded. Taani watched them imobiled.

"Oh… u guys are next… hurry up" Sharon reminded Taani & Rithvik to join the stage for their performance. Receiving all the good lucks, they turned to leave.

"Taani" it was Rey who called her this time. She turned to Rithvik. "I'll be waiting…" he squeezed her shoulder gently after eying between her and Rey. He walked away towards the stage.