Chapter 17

The bus was luxurious and huge. All the 5 teams were already lesiurely sedated in their respective seat nos. Wahi looked after the seating arrangements handing over a form which included seat nos. Surbhi checked with the apartment bookings through a call. Rithvik guided the bus driver explaining him the stops to be made for refreshments. Taani spoke to Mr. Sobti assuring him everything is alright and he could join them after his meeting with Mr. Singhanias.

"Yo yo…." Nil rapped climbing inside the bus. D3 gang members were already sitting. He joined beside vicky who was staring at his gf, Neha. "I'm so excited" Neha clapped playing with her hands. "Yeah…" Rinni responded. "Abe…ye itna kyu uchal rahi hai" bharath scowled. "Tumko nahi pata…" Amar asked. "Mujhe bi nahi pata…" he snickered. Swaron & Kriyam rolled their eyes lazily at the gang's antics. "Everyone are in, right" surbhi watched noting for any empty space. "Yes mam" someone from the Barnes group yelled. And everyone were filled accordingly. "Hey, where's Taani?" Rithvik came back from the driver seat and looked around. Wahi already made himself comfortable beside Surbhi. She frowned but let him sit. "Oh… she's on the way… see" Wahi pointed towards the trotting figure inside the bus.

"What are you up to?" Surbhi whispered to Wahi making sure no one listened. He gave her a quizzical look. "Don't look at me… baby boy… I know you are up to something with these two…" she narrowed her eyes on him. "If you don't tell me, I'll find out anyway" she warned. "Oh… you are allowed to find then…" Wahi smirked. He did like her friend getting into interrogation mode. That made this trip even more joyous.

Driver started the bus with a sudden jerk. Taani and Rithvik who were standing still, yanked on the empty seats reserved to them. In the process, Rithvik held Taani to prevent her from falling hard. Indeed, she landed on his lap clutching his collar robe for support. Her Auburn hair scattered on his face. Her cheeks slightly attached to him. His hands were holding her waist. "Kahani itna jaldi shuru hoga ye meine Socha nahi" Wahi mumbled laughing to himself. Surbhi looked forth between Wahi and them. She was missing something and she couldn't put a finger on it.

"Ohhh…" Vicky and nil exchanged looks and watched Rey. They were surprised to c him watching them steadily. There was a time, they shipped Taani with Rey. Those NDC days were so much fun in the college. They made Rey to sit beside Taani and irritated him. "Rey… aap waha Kya dek rahe ho… mein apka gf apke baju mein baiti Hun" kriya tried to grab his attention. "So what am is suppose to do, kriya?" Rey snapped. He was already irritated seeing Taani in Rithvik arms. He was getting agitated with Kriya's constant demands. She was frustrated with his cold behavior and turned to window staring clouds.

"You ok?" Rithvik didn't let her instantly go. She nodded unable to loosens from his grip. "You can let me go, now" Taani mumbled as she realized where she sat. "They do make a good pair…haina" Wahi turned to Surbhi. She was already staring him. "Are you setting them up…." She enquired. He shrugged.

******

Bus was suddenly halted. Rithvik rubbed his eyes and gazed. Surbhi's face was plastered onto window glass while Wahi leaned on the seat and slept with open mouth. A heavy weight landed on his shoulder. Taani's head was resting upon it. She twitched her head allowing a comfortable position on him. How he wished to have this moment. He tucked two strands of her loosened hair.

Several people trotted out for food and beverages. Rithvik poked Wahi. "Huh… agaya Kya hum" Wahi swooshed out of his daze. His drowsy eyes looked sour. "Shhh…" Rithvik punched him slightly. "Bus has been stopped for dinner. You can go, have it and bring some for us…" Rithvik asked. "Why can't you go and get it ?" Wahi wasn't yet recovered from his sleepy head. Rithvik pointed towards Taani who snored calmly on his shoulder. Also he pointed towards Surbhi who's head jerked up and was falling again on the window glass. Wahi placed a hand in between before Surbhi's head could touch the glass harshly. Then, Wahi put a small pillow which was readily available in the bus and supported her head without hurting. He gestured Rithvik that he would go and bring something to eat.