Chapter 9

"Taani" Surbhi tried choosing her words casually. "Hmmm" Taani continued typing and peering through the monitor screen. Surbhi and Taani were at Taani's house. They were discussing about the preparations for IDA event. Surbhi hadn't got any time to talk to Taani alone after the small pretty party of the academy's success. Everyone got so busy with day to day activities as the date came closer. So she was adamant to find out Taani's life at Mumbai if possibly she was lucky enough to find any interesting facts she hoped. "Have you ever been in love?" Surbhi questioned carefully. Taani's hands froze on the keypad and her face contorted emotionless. "Why do you ask me such a bizzare question?" Taani focused her attention on Surbhi. She fidgeted finding an excuse. "just wanted to know since I realized I never knew much about your personal life… I mean…family….friends….love n all…see….about Swayam…we haven't even knew about him…though you seem very close to him and you never seem to opt anyone romantically or dated anyone from the time I know you" Surbhi exclaimed nonstop. Taani was suspicious. However, she chose to tell the truth "I did". "And?" Surbhi sat straight in interest. "And? We broke up. It didn't work out…" Taani said casually though her heart screamed it was all because of someone's fault. "You mean…. You loved someone…n let him go because things didn't work out…" Surbhi repeated incredulously. "That's how it works, right" Taani explained. "But what…wait… why didn't it work out? And who the guy was?" Surbhi gaped. "Well… since it's over… n all… I really don't want to get into the details…please" Taani said those words bitterly. She didn't want to dwell back into her past and let know her friends that she had no friends, her love thought she was just good for nothing and her brother never supported her. She didn't wanted to lose her present friends making them know how she has transpired from being a nobody. Surbhi didn't press the matter as she sensed the request on her please. "I'm going for a bath… let me get my head straight" Taani said and walked away into her room.

Surbhi thought she knew Taani very well until now. But there was something sad in her life that people never noticed. She never shared any close details about her. That was intriguing enough. If she start thinking now, probably understood she knew nothing much about her though they grew so close and shared each fact with each other. Even Wahi & Rithvik would feel the same if shared her doubts about it.

******

"SURBHI" Taani yelled from the bathroom. Surbhi who dozed off woke up suddenly mumbling "coming". "Sorry... I just forgot the towel." Taani confessed. "Taaniii… this would have been little romantic if there was a guy inside who asked me a towel" Surbhi laughed saying it. "Oh… I'll let know Mr.Sobti what romantic things you dream of him… for now… let me just get my towel please" she chuckled. Surbhi rolled her eyes and passed to her cupboard. She opened the cupboard and took a white towel & closed it. As she moved, something fell onto her feet. She bent and collected the sprawled white photograph and frowned. As she turned the photo, her mouth hung open. As if something snapped, she opened the cupboard and her gaze slid everywhere finally landing on a heavy paper bag.

******

"Rey… mujhe tumse kuch baat karna hai" Swayam placed a hand on Rey's shoulder. All were taking rest after their practice session. "Ha Swayam.…bolna… tum mujhse permission kabse puchne laga hai" Rey felt surprising. "Rey, I think you should spend little time with Kriya as well" he suggested. Rey looked bemused. "I mean… she's not complaining but I felt that you are not giving her much time" he confronted. "Swayam… tu…" Rey didn't know how to respond. "Hey… You love her… right… even you don't want to see her dull" Swayam conveyed. "Yes…but…" Rey stopped saying anything as he understood Swayam's concern. "Okay…" he nodded. "Swayam…. Tu ye sab isliye nahi keh Raha haina ki…." Rey ceased his next words for a second "tum soch rahe ho ki…. Mein.…Taani" he didn't complete the sentence. "Nahi….no…Rey … I know you… You love Kriya and obviously my sister has nothing to do with this… I mean with whatever you said" Swayam confessed. Though he didn't doubt Rey's intentions, there was something obvious. Swayam could sense the slipping mask of Rey. He knew he was moving away from Kriya little by little. It bothered him. Kriya is as good as his sister. Probably, more as a friend. He didn't wish any bad to happen with her. She had already lost and sacrificed much. At the same time, he couldn't stop Wondering what if Rey and Taani still had feelings for each other. Whether he would accept or deny. Being a brother, he never stood for Taani in the past. It was always him and his friends. Even now probably he wouldn't choose. If he had chosen Taani over his friends, he would have let the truth of her known to all. He feared Rey would start closing on to her again which would jeopardize his relationship with Kriya. If at all they were clear with their feelings, he let them decide their destiny. He wouldn't involve until it demanded. But this time, he wouldn't choose sides but support the right.

******

"Hi" Kriya wished Surbhi as everyone gathered in the meeting room. "Hello" Surbhi smiled pulling her gaze away from the projector screen operated by Wahi. "What's the meeting about?" Sharon asked. "Oh…it's nothing. Just wanted to notify little things…. We won't be waiting for anyone as Taani and Rithvik have gone with Mr.Sobti for a conference" she told them. Meeting carried with an overview into the routines of the groups for IDA. They all crosschecked the students performance trained by D3 gang. All were doing pretty good though Sharon had a difficult student to deal with. And it concluded on a note of pleased appreciation towards D3 gang. "You people are doing great" Wahi complimented. "Thank you" Rey said slightly in a higher tone. He despised Wahi for some reason. "The IDA date is nearing. You guys are gonna rock it. And we will be having triple celebrations…" Wahi sighed. "Triple?" Swayam bemused. "Yes. Our company's award, one of our girl is gonna grab an award and you people are going to perform for the big day….it all counts to triple celebrations" he said excitedly. "I'm damn sure, you will be the one who grabs an award for 'Developing entrepreneur Of Dance'" Kriya stressed her words motioning through hands. "Probably you are neglecting the caliber of Taani, here" Surbhi looked outraged. Rey, Swayam,Sharon and gang watched between two of them. Swayam felt strange at Kriya's statement. Rey felt offensive while Sharon befuddled at Kriya's tone. "Sorry..." Kriya looked confused. She complimented, she thought. "Whether it's me or Taani, whoever wins it, we will celebrate it as our victory. Trust me, Taani would mean the same if you ask her" surbhi moved closer to Kriya placing a hand on table hardly. She stood and collected her bag and walked away. "Don't get her wrong…" Wahi excused on behalf of her friend. "She's very protective of Taani. If you are going to speak a word against Taani, probably it's not just her, there will be 3 of us you have to deal with it" he spit the truth. "You don't know Taani's potential and the hard work she had given to this company's success in it's hard time. If you knew, you wouldn't have spoken those words." He didn't let anyone speak. "As Surbhi said, if at all anyone of them wins it, believe me they will dedicate it to the other" he gave one last look and left the place.

******