Chapter 24

"Are you going to tell me?" Surbhi put down the magazine she was holding. Taani sighed knowing she would pop the question sooner or later. It was so awkward when she caught her and Rithvik in the RH. They were about to kiss when Surbhi barged in. If it wasn't for Wahi who marched next second pulling all of the three to a meeting as ordered by Mr.Sobti, she would have died embarassed. And now, she held no choice other than to answer her. "What?" She innocently counterfeited. Surbhi knew her friend little too better to believe she was being innocent. "wahi… jo tum aur Rithvik Karne wale te?" Surbhi wasn't the one to stop. "Hum…. Hum Kya Kar rahe te… rehearsal Kar rahe te" taani faltered averting her gaze. "Really?" Surbhi knew it wasn't going to take any longer to know the truth. "Agar tum nahi bataoge toh teek hai… mein Rithvik ki mama papa ko phone karke boldungi…. Ki yaha tum dono ek dusre ko bilkul pasand nahi kar rahe hai… aur hamesha jagda Kar rahe hai…. Bolu?" Surbhi batted her lashes in chaste. "Nahi…" Taani yelled frightened. "Nahi… nahi…" she hastened. Surbhi upraised her eyebrow.

"Kyun chupa rahe ho, Taani. Tumhare chehre ke upar Saaf Saaf dik Raha hai ki tum Rithvik ko pasand karte ho" surbhi smiled irrespective of all the pique she created. Taani's face reddened. "Deko deko….tumhara gaal…. Itna lal ho Raha hai…" surbhi teased her. "Surbhi…" Taani cupped her face in shy. "I'm so happy for you, Taani." She hugged her. "Rithvik is very good, Taani. And I know you both would grow together beautifully" she complimented. Taani held on to her knowing how blessed her life had become.

******

"May I come, in" Taani knocked on open door to Sharon's room. Sharon was putting her clothes into cupboard. While checked who stood on the door, she was surprised honestly. "Taani… andar aao…" she gave a space for Taani to enter inside. "Aaj weekend hai…." She said. Sharon looked perplexed. "Humne Socha ta ki hum Bahar jayenge… aap aur mein…" Taani made her remember. "Oh…" Sharon remembered but wasn't sure Taani want to visit along her after all the drama. "I thought you wouldn't come" Sharon divulged her doubts. "I'm sorry for whatever happened,Taani. Sach mein Hume koi idea nahi ta ye sab hoga…" Sharon veritably apologized. "Sharon… isme apka koi galti nahi hai… please, u don't need to apologize for someone's mistake" Taani had nothing else to say. "Thank you for that… mein itna guilt feel Kar rahi ti ki pucho mat… Then when are we leaving?" She asked excited. "It's up to you. Aap jaha bi bologi mein aungi" Taani smiled. "Well… then…. We will leave by next hour" Sharon declared.

******

Taani was passing to her room. On the way, at corridor couches  Kriya sat alone. A coffee mug was placed untouched. "Hey…" Taani couldn't walk away knowing somewhere it was her fault. Kriya maybe didn't liked her presence since she didn't reciprocate. "Kriya…" Taani started finding something to talk to her.

"I'm sorry, Taani" Kriya beat up to her. She sat flabbergasted. "I heard you and Rey speaking yesterday night" she disclosed looking at her face for the first time properly without feeling any nasty feelings. "I'm so sorry that I vent out things on you at many times…"she apologized. "Kriya… it's fine…." Taani didn't expect it at all. "It's not fine, Taani... Jab tumahara koi galati nahi ta, I taunted you…" Kriya grimaced. "You know… I just felt… you were pulling Rey away from me…. But look at the irony…" her gaze lowered looking at nothing in particular. "Kriya …" Taani knew that pain. Grieving a heartbreak wasn't easy. It killed a part of us. "Kriya… I don't know whether I should say this or not… I don't even know whether it's a right thing to say… but… give Rey a chance…" Taani knew it wasn't the wisest idea she had given. "I know he had developed some confused feelings and he had let gone everyone… ab unko koi sambalna hai… Kriya... I know… you are angry at him… and u have every damn right to be… but if at all…. You ever consider going back…" Taani went quiet. "Itna sab kuch bolne ke baad… you want me to go back to him, Taani?" She asked quizzically. "I mean… no… take your time Kriya… give him some space… take your own space... At the end you are going to decide whether u want this relationship with him or not…. Lekin don't resent him… support him as a friend atleast… I know it's hard. But I even know you are a strong girl…" she squeezed her hand. She leapt up passing a simple smile and turned to leave. "Taani!" Kriya called out. She turned back. "I understand what you have gone through" Kriya returned an earnest smile.