Chapter 20

"That's it" Rithvik clapped as Taani performed a hard step in one go. Wahi had suggested them for a sensual salsa. He purposefully opted for it hoping to cozy them up. Taani was doing good with the movements. Rithvik corrected her patiently whenever she missed a beat. She just needed perfection with the steps. Rithvik was the one choreographed it and as Wahi's order he almost included many intimate movements. Wahi said the outcome would look beautiful. So he agreed.

"Now…. Step on to my foot…." Rithvik ordered. She did followed his instructions. He held her waist. She placed her one hand on his back and the other intertwined with his other free one. Their bodies framed synched as if they exactly fit for each other. Their wasn't an inch gap for air between them. They could listen each other heartbeats. Taani's heartbeat raised higher as she looked into his eyes. She was feeling something. Pressing close to his body radiated the heat burning through her. Rithvik's breathe ascended. His hand on her waist closed on her even more pulling her into his chest. Their faces were milli distance away. If anyone of them moved, it would definitely lead their lips to caress. Rithvik leaned in a bit. His cheek juts grazed her jaw. The air in her lungs puffed. She closed her eyes with an anticipation.

"Now… I will be moving in circular motion" Rithvik whispered in Taani's ears. He was smiling. He was literally smiling seeing her. Oh gods! She closed her eyes when he closed in on her. She had felt something for him at the moment and he couldn't just keep quiet about the joy. She opened her eyes startled. He was smirking. She blushed blinking her eyes ferociously. She gulped and again looked at him. "But we can do the steps later… if you are just comfortable standing here" he put on a smug face. Taani didn't have anything to retort. She suddenly realized what she was doing. How embarrassing it was? She completely zoned into her desires when he pulled her close. She was very much disappointed knowing Rithvik didn't advance on her. That made her frightened. What the hell was she thinking and doing with him? She pushed him slightly and released from his grip. He so was not going to let her go. She turned her back walking away. But she hadn't reached 3steps when a hand held her. She turned her head slightly. He pulled her into his chest again. "Where are you going?" He put a strand of loosened hair out of her ponytail, behind her ear. "We haven't completed the steps yet" his voice was husky. She lifter her eyes catching his eyes. She wanted to know whether was she the only one who felt something, moments ago. But his intense gaze shackled her again. There was something he conveyed in it. His eyes roamed around her face landing on her lips. It hung back to her eyes again averting as soon as possible he could. "Paani… paaani chahiye mujhe" she pulled away from him slightly walking towards the table in the corner of the rehearsal hall. She missed his warmth and closeness. Her cheeks reddened and she blushed again. Her reaction to him said it all. He ruffled his hair and flushed. He couldn't stop his lips curling up.

******

"Why are you smiling like a stupid?" Surbhi raised her eyebrow at Rithvik's goofiness. He was continuously blushing remembering the RH incidents. It was quarter past 8pm. Surbhi & Rithvik sat in the lawn drinking coffee. "Nothing" his face openly reflected his lie. She frowned. "Rithvik.… Are you alright" surbhi was seriously concerned. She kept her mug aside and checked his forehead. Temperature was normal. "I'm more than alright, Surbhi" he held her shoulders and grinned. "You are definitely not alright" she smiled through a confused face.

******

"Taani ... There is something on your cheeks" Wahi poked her cheek. They were walking back from a small presentation work hand in hand. "What?" Taani halted cleaning her face. Wahi stared her in amusement. "There is something…red" Wahi again poked her on the face. She rubbed vigorously trying to get rid of it. "It wouldn't go" Wahi looked her innocently. "You can help me instead of just telling" her hands again worked. "It won't go Taani. Because there is a deep red color on your cheek. It wouldn't go until you stop blushing" he burst out into chortles. The red shade even deepened harder. She couldn't stop that freaking kooky smile on her face. She was remembering the scene with Rithvik again and again. She felt restless in a pleasant way. She hadn't encountered Rithvik after that small practice session. He is her friend and she didn't know how to deal with these new feelings which grew day by day towards him. "See... Again you are blushing" Wahi made fun of her. He had a second guess that it linked to Rithvik. "You…." She chased him hitting hard.

******

"I never thought Rey aisa karega" Neha huffed standing beside Vicky. Gang were in the lawn except for Kriya and Rey. "Meine bi nahi Socha ta…" Vicky flared remembering how he had insulted him to leave the team. "Guys… tum log Kya todi der ke liye chup nahi reh sakte ho" Sharon demanded. "Tum humko kyun bol rahi ho, Sharon" nil was outraged. "Hey…" Swayam came in between. At the same time, Taani and Wahi stopped chasing as the sight of gang came to visible.

"Dekho… usko pucho Sharon…." Simmi sniffed angrily looking at Taani. Wahi and Taani exchanged looks in confusion. There was a 10ft distance between them. "Jo karna hai…wo Sara karke… tum itne Aram se ghum rahe ho, Taani" simmi intolerated. "Hey…" Wahi stepped ahead only to be held back by Taani's hand. "Zara sambal ke baat Karo" he then turned towards simmi. "I agree on that, simmi. Already tum bahut bol chuke ho" Swayam intervened at last. His patience towards his friends finally gave in. "Tum usko kyun suna rahe ho, Swayam?" Nil interfered.

"Koi batayega ki ab Mera kis galti apko dikne lagi?" Taani over passed Wahi and stood in front of gang. "Sab tune Kiya hai… toh tujhe nahi pata hai Kya?" Vicky taunted her. Taani gritted her teeth. She was bearing their tantrums all over again. If she thought she had enough in past years. Now they chose different ways to insult her. "Rey ne Kriya see break up karliya hai" Rinni said feeling sorry for Kriya. Taani froze stunned. She didn't know about it. That was a total blow. Why would they break up when they looked so happy together? she thought. "What?" Taani looked to her brother and Sharon. Their crestfallen faces confirmed it was true.

"It's all happened because of you, Taani" Simmi jabbed a finger at her. "What is Taani's fault if your friends had break up?" Wahi joined Taani's side unable to understand their logic at all. "Oh… it's because of Taani, he did break up with her." Simmi announced. "Jab se Rey ne tumhe deka hai… wo apne aap mein nahi hai… Kriya ke saath time spend karna chodado… baat Tak nahi Kar Raha ta ache se… aur upar se hum… hum uske friends ke upar hi wo Sara gussa nikal Raha hai…" she spit. Taani couldn't put a finger on her statement. She didn't understood what mistake she committed that they broke up. Why was everyone blaming her?

"Simmi… tum Meri behen se aise baate mat Karo... Isme Taani ka Koi galti nahi hai" Swayam was truthfully tired of these fights. Taani stared him. Looking at him supporting her didn't really changed anything. But somewhere, she liked him standing up to her even if it's the first time. "Tum jitna bi bolo, Swayam… lekin Rey, Taani ki waja se hi ye sab Kiya hai" Vicky wasn't ready to accept against his beliefs.

"Tumne usko chod Diya ta tab wo tumhare ache ke liye tumhara Dil Toda ta... Taani..." Nil said remembering the day Rey cried in Swayam's arms when Taani left him saying she would be leaving Mumbai. "Tum engagement karke move on ho  chuki ti… But still Rey was all alone…" he was going on. "Jab Rey aur Kriya back to square one ho Gaya... Phirse tum unki Zindagi mein ayi…." He wasn't stopping.

"Aake… ek month mein unko alag Kar Diya" Simmi continued his Bf's blabbering. "Tum sochte kya ho apne apko… Tum phirse Rey ko apne chal mein phasa liya…." She poked a finger even more. Taani was having a nightmare. Wahi fisted his hand. It was only because Taani's hand he was standing still. Or else he would have punched all of those 3 even without considering Simmi was a girl. Like he cared ever. He wouldn't tolerate if someone hurt her or any of his closed ones. How dare they blamed her for something she haven't had any inkling! Sharon and Swayam were disgusted by their behavior.

"Jab Rey ne tumhe apne pyar Diya ta, tumne usko dance se dur karke kitna hurt Kiya. Tu Bina ambition ki ladki ti… tu hum sabse jalti ti… isiliye humare upar itna chillati ti… phir bi Rey ne humesha tumhara saath Diya... Usne apna pyar tak tumhare liye sacrifice kardiya ta…. Bhul mat Jana ki Tum aaj uski wajahse yaha kadi ho… ye friends… tumhara Naya ladka… Naya office… ye Sara Rey ka Diya hua bheek hai… aaj usi ladke ko phirse tumhari wajahse chot pahunch Raha hai" Simmi oozed all her frustration hidden from past days. Wahi's jaw clenched hard. He wasn't going to keep quiet anymore. Even Swayam's fist curled into a ball ready to attack her any moment. "Kaise ladki ho tum, Taani? Itna ghatiya……" simmi's cheek thudded with a loud strike and her words stuttered in pain. A complete silence fell. All were stunned. Wahi's movement stopped dead in his track. Even Swayam rooted his steps. Taani had slapped her.

******

Author's note:

Hope you liked the chapter. Do vote and comment guys. Suggestions are always welcome.😍😍😍

Love - Asha