Chapter 30

"Guys … the program is gonna live cast soon… aajao tum dono…" simmi perched on the sofa at Nil's house. "Start ho Gaya kya?" Vicky joined her with a plate of snacks. "nahi… ab start honewala hai…" she picked up a pack of chips. "Nil…" she screamed for him to get his butt down beside her.

******

"Guys… are you all ready?" Rey asked his teammates. Finally, the NGO day was here. And they were going to perform. Though these past few weeks took stall on Rey's mental health, he always stood in front when it came to dance. He wouldn't leave a chance. He would probably trade his life just to perform. Keeping all his worries aside, he wanted to give his best in the event. "We are always with you, Rey" Neha exclaimed clapping her hand in excitement. Others nodded except Kriya. She kept her stance serious. Rey ignored. It wasn't time to bring the personal equations in between. "Well..  then… let's have a group hug...as always" he beamed pulling Sharon and Swayam at alternative sides… And they hooted in happiness.

******

Taani paced in the makeup room. "Taani… stop it…" surbhi cut her walk by standing in front of her. "It's good that you are nervous… but buddy… I know you are going to rock the dance floor… so stop scrunching your face all up … meine itni shiddat se tumhara makeup ki hu… usko ab tum Karab mat Kar" she chided crossing her arms across the chest. Taani looked at her friend. Here, she was hell afraid of the performance and here she was worried about the makeup destruction. But she knew, Surbhi was trying to boast her morale. It wasn't like she had any stage fright. Obviously no. Though she wasn't worried being on the stage in front of people, performing a dance act was way more edgy. She had never danced like a professional one in her life. But she loved dancing for fun. For the love of it. She had practiced so hard for today's night and it was all for Rithvik. She couldn't let him down in any way and that was the biggest responsibility she had. That made her anxious but excited at the same time. She had a chance to make him proud. Also, it was a chance for her to prove few bitter people who always wondered only dancers could dance. Today she would want to prove all of them wrong.

"Taani? Ready ho gayi tum?" Rithvik entered the makeup room looking for her. "Ahh… Rithvik... Mujhse nahi ho Raha hai… please usko Toda shan't Karo ..  warna .. she'll bite of all her pretty nails…" surbhi mentioned to him. "I'll leave you both guys..." She walked towards door. "And ha… don't keep on staring each other… you guys need to perform… baat karke jaldi aao…tum dono" she winked innocently at both and left.

******

The stage was enormous and people from different part of India had occupied the place. The event started already. Barun had taken the seat on stage as he was one of the guest since he was the head of one of the charitable trust. Anchor initiated the event with few introductions of the NGO committee members & guests on the stage.

"This is such a huge event" Rinni clapped around her mouth watching the live telecast in enormous tv fixed outside the corridor hall of makeup room of the participants. Rey smiled. Others wondered too. Though it wasn't a competition, they were still excited. "wish Mera babu bi yaha hota" Neha riminsced the absence of her BF. All fell silent. Though everyone missed the 3 members of the gang, none had the audacity to admit the shallowness of their absence. Even they missed them. But it was necessary for them to learn respecting a person for who they are and hopefully the lack of their participation in this event may plant a seed of sense in them, everyone thought. "Well… Neha… ab wo nahi hai… hum log sab haina… we will rock it together… don't worry..." Kriya for the first time spoke. Neha reciprocated the warmth and hugged her. Swayam and Sharon exchanged a glance.

"Humara performance kab hai?" Amar asked fully involved in the actual event. "Ha Abe... Kab hai…" bharath looked at all. "There are couple of performance from institutes of Hyderabad and Haryana. Then the performances from ours will start. We will be performing first. Then there are other 4 performances from our academy itself." There was a reason why everyone called Sharon a strict leader. Because she always knew what she was getting into. She had complete details memorized in her brain. All looked in awe at her. Because she just didn't answer only their question. Instead she put a light on overall event structure. "Now… guys .. close your mouth" Sharon said to Amar & bharath feeling proud of herself. Rey was smiling throughout. Swayam knew his girlfriend was the best. "Wow… then we'll get to watch Taani & Rithvik's performance…." Rinni snickered in thrill. That got everyone's attention to pause. Rey suddenly became stoic and others started looking at him.

"Oh… thank you for reminding me, Rinni" Swayam intervened to lessen the awkwardness created for Rey. Also, he had completely forgot that Taani would be performing too. He hadn't even wished her. "Excuse me… I need to meet my sister…" he was happy. "I'll be back" he looked at Sharon. She acknowledged him to go check on her and convey best wishes through her eyes.

******

"Taani? Kya hua?" Rithvik held her shoulders. Oh man, now she have to tell him. "Mujhe bahut dar lagraha hai." She confessed. He looked unmoved. "Performance haina… humara…. I don't know mein ache se Kar paungi ya nahi...I'm staring to feel very nervous Rithvik…" she felt so helpless for a second. "Isme darne ki baat Kya hai, Taani." He was calm. "Agar tumne practice nahi Kiya hota toh… u should have been worried… lekin hum dono is performance ke liye behad mehnat Kiya hai. You have gone way out of your comfort zone to learn this" he put a hand her cheek. "Now listen…" he looked deeply into her eyes. "Waha tum akele nahi ja rahe ho. I'll be with you. Like always…" he stressed on the word. "Agar mein tumhare saath hu toh tum itna tension Leni ki zarurat bi nahi hai. I want the world to witness, Meri ladki har cheez mein katarnak hai... and I want few idiots to understand that dance alone is enough to dance. There's no need of being a dancer to dance. You will prove that." He was so determined. "We will give our best" he cupped her cheeks. Oh yes! She would give her best. They would. She wouldn't let his trust on her to even quiver. His words were finally working on her. The trembling nerves started to cool off a bit by his soothing words. She knew who those idiots were. She knew how deeply their words on her had affected him. And Yes… they were going to rock it. She nodded, finally feeling the excitement thrumming inside her.

******

*Knock knock* it was still new to Swayam to know that her sister is no more a baby and she's engaged to one of the best person he knew. He still faced the awkwardness to see Taani with any guy.. even if he was Rithvik Dhnajani, the renowned international dancer who's the fiancee of Taani. When he walked on to Taani's room, he found both of them holding hands and talking deeply. He didn't wanted to interfere but then again, he wouldn't get a chance to wish them good luck.

Seeing Swayam at the door, Taani instantly jerked away from Rithvik pulling her hands free. Rithvik felt odd though he understood her reaction. Brothers were silly needles at times. He knew Swayam being possessive brother and he was thankful to be engaged to Taani before he could have been either beaten up or murdered by her brothers if at all they were only dating. "Sorry to disturb you guys..." Swayam averted his eyes recklessly. "No no Bhai... Andar aao… hum sirf performance ke baare me baat Kar rahe te…" she smiled and looked at Rithvik hoping he wouldn't slip off something else from his mouth. "Ha...ha" Understanding her, he nodded to her response.

"Aap dono performance ke liye ready ho?" He asked enquiring both. "Yes…"Taawik responded. "Taani…" Swayam held her fragile palms. "See… I know… I have never been a better brother…" he smiled. Taani nodded against. "But I know… that you love dance… I know how much you enjoy dancing… Taani… aur mein bahut kush hu ki tum tumhare liye ye karna chahte ho… I will always be there to watch your back… give your best... Taani... Good luck…" he wished. That was so from his heart. Taani felt a Cascade of emotions. If someone would have told her a year back that her brother would be so expressive towards her, probably she would have never believed. But today, she was overwhelmed at his gesture. "Thank you Bhai" she hugged him. He patted her back little awkwardly at the sudden intensity. "Well… mein bi hu yaha…" Rithvik felt left alone. He was literally so happy but he wanted to be a part of this moment. He always appreciated Swayam for his caliber. But understanding his little perspectives were joyful.

"Tumko hum kaise chodenge…ayiye… jijaji…" Swayam opened a arm to Rithvik. All three of them embraced each other and lived in the moment.

Author's note:

Extremely sorry for the long gap. Hope you liked the chapter. I'll wrap this story soon. Vote and comment your views, my beautiful readers

Love
Asha.