Chapter 15

Barun loosened his tie and sprawled on the bean bag. It was late night when he reached home. Day was hectic and his head hurt from the constant meetings. "Here..." Surbhi handed a cup of hot brewing coffee. Her wavy auburn hairs swayed and her eyes twinkled. Something always missed when she spoke to him. Her smile. He couldn't blame her. If at all she wasn't happy with him in this relationship, she never said so. It bothered him to think she detested their marriage. Though they contemplated the truth of their relationship in front of world, they quit their pretense inside the four walls of their bedroom. "Thanks" He muttered and sipped the black coffee. She always knew. What he liked! He wondered. Because there was never a moment of happy talks between them. It was a compromised marriage, after all. They never promised each other anything. He told her clearly what it would be to marry him. It was a surprise when she agreed to it. It was for his grandmother, he married her. But as time flew, she started growing on him. He couldn't tell her but she affected him the most. She trotted back to the right side of her bed and switched off the bed light on her side. She then slept without uttering a word. He took good 10 minutes of bath and changed into his night suit. He then switched off all the lights not before peeking a glance at her closed eyes.

In the darkness, she switched her sides struggling to sleep. She snuggled to her pillow which was placed between Barun & her. "Kuch problem hai?" Barun suddenly spoke. She shrugged. After a minute, Surbhi opened her mouth but closed again. "Kuch bolna hai?" Barun again asked her. She looked she wanted to tell him something. "Thank you, Mr. Sobti. Yahi batana ta" She scrunched her face, looking at him. He faced her, surprised. "Thank you for standing up to Taani... That means a lot." She stated pulling a slight smile. "I know you would say that she's your employee and she's your responsibility. But still, whatever you did means a lot..." she looked into his eyes. "Surbhi... Probably I would have done the same for any other..." He told her. Surbhi knew that already. "Maybe I never told you or anyone... but Taani is like my sister. I don't like people bullying her. Let that people be anyone... She had faced a lot to be in this position... And I don't like someone demeaning her hard work in vain" He confessed, finally. That gobsmacked Surbhi. He was never expressive at all. And seeing him open up made her heart warm. "Now...Don't think I just did what I did... being just her boss. I do have responsibility towards her. But that responsibility stems from the brotherly feeling I have towards her and not just because I'm her boss" He tucked a hair behind her ear which was continuously grazing her lips and distracted him. She shuddered at his abrupt gesture. Though there were several moments of involuntary physical touches, it was still new and she liked it bit too much. "I never thought you could be... so good... sometimes" She stressed the last word. He raised an eyebrow. "I can be good all the time if you ask me to be" He inched his face closer to her. She blushed looking everywhere but him. He was flirting... Definitely flirting, she thought. "Would you be free tomorrow evening?" She dared to ask. He passed her a questioning look. "We could plan a dinner..." She didn't complete her sentence. "Are you asking me for a date night, Mrs. Sobti?" He leaned closer putting his head on one hand. Darkness couldn't conceal her furious crimson face. "I just thought... we could invite my friends for dinner... And I hoped you would join" She blabbed fluttering her eyebrows. "Well... I may squeeze some time for you..." he whispered drawling his mouth closer to her ear. She gasped. He leaned back satisfied at her bewildered state. "Good night" He mouthed closing his eyes and plastering a smug face. He enjoyed pulling her leg.

******

Rithvik was monitoring D3 gang group performance while his cell phone buzzed with a loud ring. "Yes, Mrs. Nancy?" He spoke to his receptionist. "Sir, you have visitors." She informed. "I had let them to meet you. I just called to inform you, sir" she ended the conversation. He pondered who could be visiting him. Even before he could think, his parents entered the RH. "Mom... Dad...." He jogged towards them still in a vest and joggers. Gang suddenly halted and watched them. "Surprise" his mom screamed in joy giving him a homely hug. "What are you guys doing here?" He uttered in surprise. "Its not just my son who knows and works with Mr. Barun Sobti..." His father announced. "I and your mom were visiting him to talk about a collaboration" He answered. "What?" Rithvik expressed. "Uffo... We will explain that later, beta... First, let me meet my daughter-in-law" his mother mumbled with no patience. Swayam and Sharon exchanged a glance as same as Rey and Kriya. Other members of the gang just stood ogling them. The practices were going smooth irrespective of the tension between Rithvik and them. Though they missed his jovialness. "Did we disturb you?" Rithvik's father unexpectedly realized they have audience. "No, sir... It's fine." Rey muttered giving them a warm smile. Rithvik's father Mr. Alok Dhanjani peered Rey and something lit him. "Reyaansh Singhania..." He called out breaking the records of shock statements occurred all these days. Everyone gaped at him. "Sorry..." Rey's face went haywire. He had never seen the elderly man except knowing the name. Alok stepped forward. "You look so like Mr. Singhania..." He extended a hand. "Er... Thank you..." His confusion yet didn't leave. "Your father is a close friend of mine, Reyaansh. We run errands together in our business. You don't know me. But I know you... I have seen your mom and dad boasting u up...." He cleared the suspense. "Last time when I met him, he had shown me some of your NDC dance videos... I see ... these are the same friends..." he nodded his head in a hello. Everyone reciprocated. "You guys got an incredible talent" He complimented them. "Thank you, sir" Sharon appreciated the man. He nodded passing a smile. "Its surprising to see all of you here... You guys were in Mumbai, right" Alok was inquisitive. "They have joined here for an internship, dad." Rithvik answered behalf of them. "Really" Alok was astonished. "Your father is a billionaire... man... And you have opted to work here...." He was really astounded. "I appreciate it... This is what the young youth need to learn... Just like my son..." He was proud of Rithvik's career graph. He had never used the influence of him to reach miles. He had joined the academy immediately after graduating. He had never mentioned his famous father to step up the success ladder.