Chapter 29

Rey sat under the roof of sky watching the murky clouds. His life had drastically reached to some unfortunate events. First, he lost Kriya who was his first love. She was the first one to raise feelings of something sweet and pleasant in him. And then, he lost Taani who taught what love was all about. She was the one who made him learn growing up in a love. She had become his intense passion along with dance. But his mistake cost him huge. Then again, when Kriya accepted him with open arms, he ditched her. He was selfish in doing so. But he couldn't fake with her. Those sweet and pleasant feelings were long gone. Probably, others seemed to think of him as someone who betrays. But they didn't understood his emotional turmoil. His feelings were scattered all over the place for Taani. But she had fallen out of love with him. And was happily going to get married to someone else. That crawled his heart badly.

"Rey" the sound that memorized in his brain like a music, called out to him. As if he wasn't dreaming about her, Taani stood in front of him. He stared her. The light reflection of swimming pool water grazed half of her face. The remaining half clouded in the dark. She still looked beautiful. Even in the dark. He could easily assume her beautiful face. "Rey… aap yaha akele Kya Kar rahe ho?" Taani didn't wish Rey to brawl like a melancholic. But later in these days, he appeared as one. She was worried for him. "Tum…. Tum yaha kyun aye ho" Rey couldn't hide the menace in his voice. He was angry at her. But he shouldn't have been. He knew that. She didn't belong to him anymore. "Mujhe apse kuch baat karni hai, Rey!" She replied ignoring his anger. She wasn't going to be intimidated. She knew well of him to tackle. He locked his eyes with her. "Kal Mera engagement hai Rey" she waited for him to take in the news. He wasn't shocked or surprised. Since the quota has been filled already when Swayam revealed it. "Mein chahti Hun ki… aap Meri kushi mein shamil ho" she continued. They have overcome this exact phase before when she was engaged to vishesh. By that time, she wasn't over Rey. But still she wanted him to attend her engagement ceremony just so that he would move on in his life and would be happy. But now, it was different. She genuinely wanted him to attend. Her intentions were very pure. She wouldn't want him to dwell over her. She wanted to see the Rey whom she knew years ago. Very passionate and energetic person. Though it wasn't fair of her to call him, she understood that was the only way he could heal. "what do you want to say, Taani?" Rey asked her with clenched teeth. It was getting too difficult for him to handle all of this. "I have found someone I love, Rey. And I'm happy… aap mere baare mein sochna band karke apne baare mein socho… apne kushi ke baare me socho… aur Jo apko chahte hai unke baare me socho…" she specified each word. "I want you to be happy, Rey. And I want you to be present at my engagement tomorrow. I will always look up to you as my well wisher, Rey.… I hope aap Kal zarur aoge" Taani turned away by saying so. She wasn't sure what made her to call him. But it was justified. Though they never shared a friendship bond, she later understood it was the biggest mistake. Any two individuals who wanted to grow with each other, they need to cultivate the formula of being best friends. That would make life easier and simpler. Unlike the complex one she shared with Rey. He watched her retracing back finally understanding he should stop hoping.

******

"OMG" Wahi stood flabbergasted. He had come to check on Taani. "Who is the artist behind it?" Surbhi put a hand on her waist and placed a smug look. "You look beautiful, Taani" Wahi put his jaw on Taani's head watching her through mirror. She smiled with a cheeky blush. Ofcourse Surbhi hadn't let a single stone turn out. She was the one who selected the attire, makeup and everything related to  Taani's big day. "Itna bi nazar na lagao humari ladki ko" Sharon frowned slightly. "I say yes…" Neha intervened. Rinni chuckled. Girls were accompanying Taani already. "Rithvik bi humari bachi ko dekna hai" surbhi raised her eyebrow at Taani. She blushed. "Humari ladke ka aaj hosh udnewala hai" Wahi giggled pestering Taani to join along. "But honestly, u look so beautiful and pretty" Wahi cupped her cheeks yet placing his jaw on her head. He then, lifted his face to place a warm kiss on her hair. It was just so overwhelming to watch her all decked up like a bride though it was just an engagement ceremony. Taani beamed at him.