Chapter 27

I made my way quickly to the Brig before Jim or anyone else could get there before me. I wanted to speak with him before anyone else. My heart was beating so hard in my chest thinking about having to talk to him again. Would he treat me like I was some sort of target that he would kill if I got in his way, or would he treat me like when we had first met, like a princess. My breathing was ragged as I appeared at the Brig door.

The automatic doors opened up and I walked in just in time to see the cell door to John's cell close locking him in. The Brig was a wide open space with about four high security cells. These cell were white with hard beds and unbreakable glass panels so that the Brig people could see inside.

I walked farther into the room not letting my eyes leave John. He stood there his eyes looking at mine. He held emotions in his eyes that I could not decipher. I walked forward until I was about a foot away from the glass. John was taller then Spock and Jim, so that meant he was a lot taller than me. And after what I just saw, him taking out a whole squadron of Klingons, he was not to be taken as someone weak. I knew he could snap my neck with just one hand. However, I remained stoic showing no fear.

John's blue eyes twinkled as he stared down at me, finally his face spread into a grin. "Isabelle Williams, what a pleasure it was to save you once more." He said. Well I guess he remembered me. "My the years have treated you well, your beauty surpassing any others I have met." His poetic words brought back the memories of my time in London. "I see you have achieved your dream of working aboard the Enterprise. Tell me sweet Isabella, have you come to see me now to reminisce, or do you have a different motive."

"John" I breathed out not daring to look away. "Tell me why? Why did you do all this? That week we spent together, I knew you for a good man, what changed?"

I saw the smile disappear, and was now in place with a clenched jaw. "I was used, and betrayed. Starfleet took the people I hold most dear and exploited them so that I could do their bidding."

"So you shot at the Captains and First Officers?" I said. "You may have wanted revenge but you killed innocent men and women. One of them being Captain Pike, one of my oldest friend. And you almost shot me."

John turned to me and placed his hands on the glass. "Isabella, I would not have killed you, but I did fear that Starfleet had taken you away, just like they took away my family. I had feared that you didn't remember me. And when you came on Kronos and I saw you almost killed by those Klingons I knew that even if you didn't remember me, I couldn't let you die. Do you understand Isabella, you still hold a part of my heart."

"John, who is after you?" I asked. "I need to know."

"It goes deeper than you think, even your Captain might be in on it." John said. "Tell me, Isabella, those missiles on this ship, do you know what they are?" I shifted my gaze. I had no idea what those missiles were, but Jim didn't seem to care what they were. "You see, even you, with your brilliant mind, don't know what they are. Can you trust your Captain, or do you trust me?"

I didn't answer, I couldn't. My mind was going a thousands miles per hour. Could Jim really be a part of this? Before I could answer I heard the Brig door whoosh open. Turning I saw Jim, Spock, and Bones walk in. "Bella!?" Jim said walking forward. He reached me and grabbed my bad arm hard and yanked me behind him glaring at John all the while.

I whimpered in pain. Bones turned to me and saw that Jim had a hold on my arm. "Jim! Let her go! Her arm is still healing!" He yelled. Jim let go not even turning around to see if I was okay. Bones gently grabbed my arm and inspected it. "Are you okay Bella?" He asked. I nodded fighting back the tears. Spock gave me a comforting nod.

"Don't hurt her!" John snarled at Jim.

Jim turned and looked at me. "Bella, why the hell were you talking to him? He's a fugitive, a murderer!"