Chapter 21

The events in this chapter might be a bit off by a couple of hours, but just go with it. Thanks

The night I was in bed about to go to sleep when I heard a knock on my door. I groaned and rolled out of bed and made my way to the door. As I walked closer the person kept knocking. "Hold on, hold on." I said getting closer. 

I walked to the door and opened it and before I could see who it was the person barraled into me into a hug. "Umm," I said, unsure who it was, but when I took in a whiff, I recognized the smell. "Jim, what are you doing here?" I asked.

Jim didn't answer right away he just kept hugging me, but he finally did pull away. "Bella, you wonderful person." He said. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. 

"Pike told me what you did." He said. "He said how you took half the blame about the mission, and thanks to you I wasn't sent back to the academy and I was only demoated to first officer, to Captain Pike." 

"What about Spock?" I asked. 

"He got transfered." Jim said solomely. 

"What's my punishment?" I asked. 

"You don't have one." Jim said. 

"Why?" I asked stunned. "If you were demoated I should be too." 

"The council was so impressed by your dedication to me and since your scores were so high they decided not demoate you." Jim said. 

"Do you want to come in, I don't want to distrube my neighbors." I said. 

"Umm, are you sure, I don't want to cross a line." Jim said smiling. 

"Shut up and come in." I said pulling him in. Once inside I pulled him over to the couch. "Sit, and I'll get us some beer." 

He smiled and sat, as I walked to the kitchen and grabbed to beers and then walked back to see Jim looking at a picture. He heard me approach and looked at me holding up the picture as if comparing them. 

"You found that. Wow," I said. "That picture was taken when I was 10, and the boy next to me is-" 

"Spock" Jim said. "I recognized him first, its you who looks totally different. I mean, look at you, pigtails, braces, eyes to big for your head." he started laughing. 

"Shut up," I said snatching the picture from his grasp. 

"Hey, I can't complain." He said. "I mean look at you now. You are one of the prettiest people I know. No more pigtails or braces, and now you have perfect size eyes." 

I scoffed. "Yeah right." I said handing him a beer. I raised the beer as if to annouce a  toast. "To not being demonated back to the academy." 

"Here here" he said smiling and takeing a sip of the beer. I took a seat next to him. "At least we don't split up." 

"Does Spock know he is being transfered?" I asked. 

"I don't think so, but I probably wouldn't if he had heard. Spock isn't one for casual talk." Jim said.

"I'm going to miss him, its not going to feel the same without Spocks know it all atitude." I said. "He is my oldest friend." 

"I still don't know how you two became friends. You guys are compelte opposites. He's a smart, tall, machine." Jim said. 

"Thanks a lot." I huffed. "This is coming from the dumb short blob." 

"I didn't mean it that way." Jim said trying to fix himself. "I mean Spocks a smartass, lanky, computer with no emotions. You are smart but not the annoying smart, and you are a cute short, and you have emotions. Trust me you are much better company then Spock."