Chapter 12

I walked back to bridge, still shaking but feeling better. I tried to wipe away the tears that were on my face as much as possible, and I walked onto the bridge. All eyes were on me.

Everyone was silent as they watched me make my way across the room to the captain's chair. I took a breath and sat down. I looked up and saw Sulu and Chekov looking at me for commands. 

"Mr. Chekov, transfer weapons manual control to the Captain's chair." I said. 

"Aye" Chekov said turning back around. He hit a few buttons and a joystick like thing appeared. I grabbed it glad I was in control over something I knew. Chekov turned back around. "I've projected the parabolic course you must follow. If you deviate by so much as a meter, we will be detected." 

I looked to Sulu our pilot. "Can you do that, Mr. Sulu?" I asked. 

"Give me one quarter impulse burst for five seconds and I'll do the rest wiht thrusters. One my mark." He said. "Three... two.... one... fire." I watched out the front window as we made our way out from Titan and went into open space. 

I grasped the seat and held my breath. But as acting captain I had to trust Sulu and Chekov. "All stop in three.. two... one..." I looked out and saw the huge ship in front of us, and I watched as we pulled in behind them. 

I hit a few buttons opening up a passage to the Transporters Room. "We're in stable geosynchronous orbit behind the Narada." I said. 

"No sign they've detected us--" Chekov said. 

I listened as they talked back to me. "Whatever happens Bella, if you feel you have a tactical advantage fire on that ship." Kirk said. I tensed. "Even if we're still aboard. It's an order." 

"But Jim.." I started. 

"No, billions of peoples lives are at stack. You can't risk that just to save us. Promise me Bella." He said. 

I took a breath. "Yes sir." I said. "Good luck." And with that the connection cut out. 

I looked ahead, and said I silent pray. We all sat still as we waited for any sort of sign. Uhura came on the bridge and went to her station looking just as worried as me. 

Just then the Narda started moving again, and I told Sulu to follow. They were heading to Earth. I knew the piloting had to be just right so they wouldn't spot us. 

I saw Earth getting closer, and I was getting more and more nervous. I watched as the Narda went so it was right over San Fransico and right near Starfleet Headquarters. I watched in horror as they lowered the hideous drill into the bay. 

"They've activated the drill--" Chekov said looking at me. 

"Communications and transporter inoperative--" Uhura said turning. 

"They're on their own now." I said. 

I then watched as the same light beam that was on Vulcan was now going into my home planet. I felt a shuddering thinking about how that same beam almost killed me. 

Moments passed. I'm not entirely sure how long it was, but it felt like an eternity. We all watched in horror as the bay area went up into a panic. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I looked up. Uhura was standing next to me. 

Suddenly I watched as something popped out of the ship. A smaller ship. "What is that?" Sulu said. 

I raised the weapons so that they followed the ship. It was fast. The fastest ship I had seen. And it looked odd. Almost like a jellyfish. I watched as this ship went down to the drill and started shooting at it until it broke off.