Chapter 10

The wind whipped through the air making my hood fall from my head. I squealed, and quickly put my hood back up over my head. The wind was picking up, and started whipping my face with yucky snow. I started grumbling to myself. "I HATE SNOW!" I yelled, but the blizzard was so strong Spock and Jim probably didn't even hear me. 

"I am do pissed off at the other you right now!" Jim yelled to Spock. 

Spock just smiled and pointed ahead of us. I squinted my eyes to see the outpost. It was only half a mile away. I started running. I didn't care if they didn't follow me, I wanted to get out of the cold as soon as possible. Turns out they started running with me. 

I ran so fast I reached the outpost within 3 minutes. I was so cold. I reached the door, and quickly opened it. I turned and ushered Jim and Spock inside, and tired to shut the door, but the blizzard was so strong I couldn't close it. Kirk turned and helped me. We pulled and it slammed it shut. 

I looked to Kirk and he was covered in snow. I started pushing all the snow off his shoulders and head, and he did the same. Once we deemed eachother snow free we turned to Spock. He had his hood down and looked around. 

"Hello...?" I yelled looking down the long corridor. This place was dark and dingy. I missed the Enterpirse. 

We waited until the door on the far side opened, and out walked a weird looking creature. He ran up to us and examined us with creepy eyes. "Can I help you?" He asked. I wasn't sure if I wanted to answer him. 

"Are you the station chief?" Spock asked. 

"No. This way." He said turning and started leading us through the corridor. We followed the strange creature, and he lead us through the doors and we ended up in a massive warehouse. I looked around. It was filled with junk. There were heaps of debris of random stuff. The creature lead us until I saw a boot. We rounded the corner, and the creature punched the boot. 

I looked to see a man sleeping with his legs propped up. "Hm" He said as the creature nudged him. 

"Visitors" 

I man opened his eys. He looked to be in his mid 30's. "You realize how unacceptable this is." He said in a thick scottish accent. 

"Excuse me?" I said. 

"Fascinating." Spock said looking the man over. 

"What is?" Jim asked looking to Spock. 

The man stood up, and he looked mad. "I'm sure it's no' your fault, and I know youse lads, and lady are just doing your jobs, but could you no' have come a wee bit sooner?!" He yelled. I looked to Jim confused. He seemed just as confused as me. "Six months I've been living on nothing but Starfleet Protein Nibs and the promise of a real food delivery! Six months! It's pretty clear wha'ts going on here, isn't it? Punishment! Ongoing! For something that was clearly an accident!" 

"You're Montgomery Scott." Spock said curious. 

"You know him?" Jim and I said at the same time. 

"Yes, that's me-- Scotty-- you're in the right place-- are there any other hard-working and equally-starving Starfleet officer around?" he asked. 

"Me" The creature said. 

"You eat nothing. A bean and you're done for a week, I need food. And now you're here-- so. Thank you. Where is it." He asked.

"What?" I asked confused. 

"You are in fact the Mr. Scott who postulated the theory of trans-warp beaming." Spock said. I looked to him super stunned. 

"Trans-warp beaming!?" I asked stunned.