Chapter 19

I sat in my chair as Sulu moved the ship into the ocean. I was pacing around waiting for Spock to finish his analysis. "Spock just tell us, is it going to explode or not?" I asked. 

Spock didn't turn but continued to read. I gave a loud sigh. "Give him some time" Uhura said with her hands on Spocks shoulders. 

"If we wait to long the volcano will destroy the natives," I said stopping and peering around Spock to the screen. 

Jim was pacing behind me with Bones trying to make him stop. Chekov and Sulu were staring into space while pretending to listen to Scotty who was complaining about the salt water on the ship. 

Just then Spock turned. Jim and I stopped pacing and looked at him. "The volcano is acitve, and if I am correct, it will erupt in under 24 hours." 

We all looked to Jim to see what he would say. "Well we one team to get the natives out of the homes away from the volcano so that they don't get hit, and we need to send in a second team to stop the volcano." He said. "So team time. I'll go on the ground team to distract the natives." 

"I will denoate the the cold fusion device in the volcano." Spock said. "I'm one of the few who can."

"I'll go with Spock." Uhura said.

"Sulu, can you manuver a shuttle in the volcano?" Jim asked.

"I'll do my best Captain." Sulu said.

"Well, I'll go with Jim, he needs someone else." I said. I got weird looks from everyone.

"Can you handle that?" Scotty asked.

"We're not fighting." Jim and I said in unisome.  

"Well, just in case I'll watch over the two children. " Bones said. Jim and I both gave him a scrutinizing stare. 

*****

I was in my room changing first into my yellow and grey wet suit. "Ughhh," I said trying to zip it up "Damn wet suit." 

Just then I heard a knock on my door. I went over kicking my clothes out of the way, and opened the door to see Jim standing in the doorway in a matching wet suit (only for men). "Jim!?" I asked surprised to see him so soon. 

"Sorry, but I can not zip up this wet suit." he said. "Can you help?"

"I'm having the same problem." I said ushering him in my room. "Can you zip me up afterwards?" 

"Sure." he said turning. I saw his tanned back, and reached down and zipped him up slowly so that not to catch his skin. 

"There you go." I said. 

"Thanks, okay your turn." Jim said turning to face me. I turned and moved my hair to the side to it would catch in the zipper. 

I felt his warm hand make contact with my back, and it sent a shiver up my spine. He slowly began to zip it up till it reached my neck. His hand release the zipper, but his hand trailed down my back lightly making another shiver go up my spine. 

I turned and looked at Jim who's eyes met mine. He took a step forward so that his face was only 3 inches from mine. His hand went up and cupped my face and he started to lean in. 

My breath was ragged as his lips lightly brushed mine. "Jim" I said. "We can't." 

He pulled away with a disappointment in his eyes. "Why can't we?" He asked. 

"Because you're captain, and you're my supierior." I said with sadness. 

"This can never happen?" He asked.