Chapter 16

Once the Enterprise was in space and sailing back to Earth Kirk and Spock came back to visit. Ben had to go check on something in security, so I was left in the Med Bay with my two companions.

"--when I realized you were being taken by the Naives, I ran off after you and Spock went after Uhura, but I one of the Natives grabbed my gun, so I wasn't able to rescue you, and then we lost you. Spock was a led to shoot down the Native holding Uhura, and we went back to the ship to see if we could find you, but we couldn't so then we sent out a search party." Jim was rambling on and on. Spock stood behind him staring at Bones' pad looking at my charts.

"What does it say?" I asked looking to Spock. "Can I go back to work, or at least leave the Med Bay?"

Spock looked up at me, "No, it says here that Dr. McCoy wants to keep you here till we make port." He said.

"Ugggh!" I said throwing my head back. " I don't want to stay here."

"I have to keep watch over you." Bones said walking up taking the pad from Spock. "You have multiple injuries to your face, a twisted ankle, and you need rest."

"Why can't I go to my room and rest. I'll never get any ret here." I said huffing.

"We all know that if someone isn't with you, you won't get any sleep." Jim said. "You'll probably end up watching movies."

I rolls my eyes. "Please I don't want to stay here. This place is for sick people, I'm not sick." I said looking around. I always hated hospitals they reminded me of death. " I promise I'll sleep."

Bones looked up at me. I gave him my puppy dog eyes. It always worked on him. I saw him look distressed. "Bella it's the rules, you have to stay here, you might have some sort of disease."

"Do I look sick to you. You have already scanned me with that stupid scanner of your about 20 times." I huffed. "Please Bones, please."

He looked at me again. "Fine, but I need someone to check on you to make sure you're sleeping." He said.

"Yes!" I said getting out of the bed, but I forgot that my ankle was hurt and it gave out making me almost fall to the floor, but luckily Jim, and Spock caught me before I fell. "I'm okay," I said fixing myself.

"Can you walk?" Jim asked.

"Yeah," I said putting pressure on my foot, and twinges at the pain. But I put on a smile to mask the pain. "So are you going to check on me, because if so I need to give you the password." I said to Bones.

"No, I'm to busy down here." He said motioning to the beds all around me. They were filled with coughing people with big ugly yellow sores on their face. "It's Purfide Westgy virus. I'm trying to contain it right now." He looked up. "Jim you check on her, about every hour."

Jim nodded. "Come on lost girl, let's get you to your room." He said grabbing my arm and throwing it over his shoulder. He started walking me slowly out of the room and then up to my room. It was slow business. "You know I could just carry you, it would be a lot faster." He said.

"I can walk." I said. "Besides you've already carried me today. I don't want to be a burden." I said even though I was secretly in a lot of pain.

Jim stopped and stooped down and picked me up bridal style. "You weigh nothing. Besides you fit nicely in my arms." He said walking.

At that comment I felt uncomfortable, but Jim didn't seem to notice. We reached my door and I typed in the 5 number password, and the door slide open, Jim walked me in and placed me gently on my bed. "So about the password." He said.

"Do you really need it? I mean you trust me don't you?" I said looking at him.

He gave me the Oh-Really stare. "I can't even trust you to take a nap to rest for a mission." He said.