Chapter 32

The ship started to sway, and I would have fallen over, if Scotty hadn't been there. Granted, he wasn't planning on catching me, I kinda just stumbled into him, but none the less he caught me. "We have to get to the bridge." I said steadying myself. 

"You need to stay down here." Bones said. "You're vitals are off, any more trauma, and-" 

"I don't care Bones, the ship is going down." I said pushing him away. "Now, take care of Carol." 

Before he could protest again, I ran off towards the bridge with Scotty and Jim on my heals. "Attention all decks. Evacuation protocols initiated." 

"One day I've been off this ship! One bloody day!" Scotty yelled behind me.

As we rounded the corner, the gravity started to fail, and I grabbed onto the wall with my good hand. The ship tilted so bad that if I let go, I would fall down the hallway. Jim and Scotty grabbed the wall too, but the ship shook again, and we fell, but thankfully there was a bridge we could grab onto. 

However, unlike Jim, and Scotty who could hold on with both hands, I was left dangling with one. "Jim, I don't think I can hang on?" I cried watching as my fingers began to slip. He let go of his the bar with his one hand and wrapped it around my waist, and as soon as he pulled me close to him, a girl went past us screaming. 

"There won't be time for evacuation if we don't get power to stabilize the damn ship!" Scotty yelled. 

"Can we restore it?" I asked. 

"Only from engineering." Scotty yelled back to us over the beeping. "We have to get to the warp core." 

The ship righted, and I took in a breath as we all stood up. "Jim." Scotty said looking up, and we followed his gaze to see red lights flashing, sparks flying, debris hanging, and even people dangling. 

"We got to get the power back on! Come on!" Jim said moving his arm from around my waist to my hand, and we started running towards the engineering room before the gravity failed again. Sprinting down the hallways as we watched people on the ground injured was hard, I just wanted to help them, but the best way to help them was to get to the warp core. 

The floor started to tilted once more, and soon we had to start running on the walls. "This is insane!" I screamed seeing a gap ahead. 

"We're gonna have to jump!" Jim said. 

"What?!" Scotty yelled behind us. 

"Jump!" Jim and I said together as we lept across the six foot gap. With me barely making it, I looked back to see Scotty leaping with his eyes closed. "Oh, god!" He said, I reached out, and grabbed him so he wouldn't fall. 

Once I deemed him fine, we started running again, and I saw the engineering bay up ahead. "Remember last time all three of us were running through this corridor together?" I said as we ran. 

"Yeah, you almost drowned." Scotty said panting. 

"Not the time guys." Jim said. 

Running down the stairs, I made sure to keep my hands on the railing, so that if we did end up losing gravity again, I wouldn't fall to my death. Through the alarms blaring I heard the emergency protocol. "Emergency power at 15% and dropping. Attention, all decks. Evacuation protocols initiated. Proceed to exit bays and report to your assigned shuttle." However, no one seemed to be leaving, even though they could. 

We reached a bridge, and once again the gravity started to shift, and I grasped tightly as I could and I even wrapped my legs around the bars, because I did not want to fall.  Looking down, I saw that if any of us fell, it would be to our deaths. "I swear to god, if I get out of this situation, I'm gonna take down that bastard." I said.