Chapter 23

I quickly got dressed and booked it out of the hosptial before Bones could change his mind. I made it to my apartment where I quickly packed my essentials and I made my way to the shuttle. 

I arrived to see everyone rushing around. I made my way to the locker room where I changed into my golden dress. I put my hair up and zipped up my boots. I had to make sure not to catch my bandage in the zipper. 

I made my way out to see Bones yelling at Jim for something by the shuttle, Jim answered something back and walked onto the shuttle leaving Bones standing there. I walked up and touched Bones' shoulder. He jumped. 

"Woah," I said putting my hands up. "It's just me." 

"Bella," he said. "How's your leg?" 

"Fine." I said. "What were you and Jim arguing about?" 

"He didn't show up for his check up. And he won't admit that he feels sad about Pike." Bones said. 

"Give him time." I said before walking up into the shuttle. 

"Status report, Mr. Spock." I heard Jim say as he sat down near Spock. 

"The Enterprise should be ready for launch by the time we arrive." Spock said. I walked over and stood nearby. I started pushing some buttons on the panels trying to get in touch with my second in command. 

"Good." Jim said. 

"Captain." Spock said. "Thank you for requesting my reinstatement." I smiled. Spock was showing some emotion. 

I looked back to see Jim smile. I then had to stifle a laugh to see Bones hovering his scanner over Jim's face. I knew Jim would snap soon. 

"You're welcome." Jim said. 

"As I am again your First Officer, it is now my duty to strongly object to our mission parameters." Spock said. I then did let out a laugh. 

"Of course it is." Jim said. 

"There is no Starfleet regulation that condemns a man to die with a trial, something you and Admiral Marcus are forgetting." Spock said. 

I quickly spun and looked at them. "Who are we killing?" I asked stunned that Jim would ever think such a thing. 

Neither Spock or Kirk answered. However, Spock contiuned. "Also, preemptively firing torpedoes at the Klingon homeworld goes against..." 

"You yourself said that area's uninhabited." Jim said butting in. "And in case you weren't listening, our orders have nothing to do with Starfleet regulation." 

"Hold up." I said taking a step closer. "Are you saying that this mission isn't for Starfleet?" I asked. 

Bones leaned forward. "We're firing torpedoes at the Klingons?" 

Once again they didn't answer. "Regulations aside, this action is morally wrong." Spock said. I nodded. 

"Regulations aside," Jim said. "pulling your ass out of a volcano was morally right. And I didn't win any points for that." 

"Whoa, Jim, calm down." bones said looking at his scanner. 

"I'm not gonna take eithics lessons from a robot!" Jim said getting louder.

"Hey," I said butting in. "Spock's right, and don't call him a robot." 

Jim looked to me finally. "Stay out of this Bella." he said. 

"Reverting to name-calling suggests that you are defensive and therefore find my opinion valid." Spock said using logic again. 

"I wasn't asking for your opinion." Jim said. Just then Bones stuck a thing on Jim's face. "Bones, get that thing off my face." Bones pulled it away angry.