Chapter 13

I rubbed my eyes getting out of my bed. I looked up to see Uhura still sleeping, so I quietly got a shower. I then got dressed in my dress uniform, a grey dress. I did my hair, and silently krept out of the room. 

I made my way to Starfleets campus. It was late spring, and the air was warm. I shut my eyes letting the breeze whip past my face. "You're up early." I turned to see Jim walking towards me. 

"As are you." I said surprised to see him already. "Was your whore sad that you left so early?" I asked knowing that he probably had some girl at his room.

Jim approached. "Ha ha" he said sarcastically. "No, I did not have a whore over last night. I wanted to get a good nights sleep for today." 

I smiled knowing today was a special day for him. Pike was resigning from being Captain and handing the Enterprise over to Jim. "Are you nervous?" I asked taking a seat on a bench. He joined me. 

"Yeah, really nervous," he said. "That's probably why I'm up so early." 

"Captain is an important job." I said. He looked at me. 

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" He asked. 

I smirked. "I'm not going to lie to you to make you feel better." I said. "But I think you'll make a great captain." 

He smiled. "Bella about that-" he started up he got intrupted. 

"Kirk, Bella" It was Bones walking towards us. "It's time for the cermony." 

"We'll talk later." I said getting up. 

******

I stood in the Starfleet's main hall, with all the other members. I stood in front next to Chekov, and Uhura, with all the other crew members of the Enterprise near us. 

Jim stood in the front with a proud look on his face. I watched as the Academy President walked towards him. "This assembly calls Captain James Tiberius Kirk..." Kirk walked forward, and up the the President. "Your inspirational valor and supreme dedication to your comrades are in keeping with the highest traditions of service and reflect utmost credit to yourself, your crew, and the Federation. For your... unique solution to the Kobayashi Maru, it's my honor to award you with a commendation for original thinking." I watched as he opened a box and took out a medal. "By Starfleet Order 28455, you are hereby directed to report to Commanding Officer, USS Enterprise, for duty as his relief." 

Kirk turned and as beaming. He walked up to Pike who was wheeled in on a wheelchair. Kirk stopped and the Captain stood up, and they saluted eachother. 

Pike was looking better, even though all his hair was grey, and he would never walk right again, he was beaming with pride. 

"I relieve you, Sir" Kirk said. 

"I am relieved." Pike said. "Congratulations, Captain." Pike said picking up the medal and pinning it to Kirks chest. 

"Thank you sir" Jim said. He turned to the crowd, and I started clapping, and was soon joined by everyone else. Soon the whole room was filled with wild applause. He walked back to the crew, and I ran up and gave him the first hug. 

"Congrats," I whispered in his ear. "Captain." 

I pulled back and he smiled. But he was soon overcome by all the other crew members congratulated him. 

********

"Come on, Bella, we're going to be late." Uhura said knocking on the bathroom door. "The party is going to start any minute now." 

I looked in the mirror. I had my dark brown hair down in waves. I was wearing a dark blue party dress that went to mid thigh, and a pair of matching high heels. I had to look nice.