Chapter 28

"What's up with the Captain?" Carol asked as I fly the ship towards the planetoid. "Is he always that-" 

"Perverted, yeah he is." I said giving Carol a smirk. "But if you stay, you'll get used to it." 

"Stay?" Carol asked. "Not that I wouldn't love to stay, but you all seem so close, and I'm just an intruder." 

"Nonsense, you seem pretty cool, I mean at first I wasn't sure about you considering you know, you have better credentials at my job than me, but you are actually pretty great." 

"I may know the practical use of weapons, but there's a reason I needed someone who can open the missile, cause heck I don't know how to do it." 

It was so sweet of her to say, and I was going to say something, but I landed the ship on the planet. "Okay, we're landing," I said. 

We stood up and walked over to the back of the ship and I started opening the back of the ship, and Carol and I turned on the hover carriage, and we pushed the missile out onto the barren planet. 

Once it was down Carol and I started walking around it trying to examine the aspects. "I'm going to get the tools." I said walking back onto the ship.

"How are things going down there?" Jim asked over the com's that we put in our ears before we left. 

"Good." I muttered walking out of the ship and walking towards Carol. "Okay, where do we start off?"

"To understand how powerful these weapons are, we need to open the warhead. To do that, we need to access the fuel compartment. Unfortunately for us, the warheads on these weapons are live." 

"I've once disarmed a missile in five minutes flat with my eyes closed, as long as you tell me what to do, I'm sure we can figure out what's inside." I smirked bending down next to her, and sticking my hand inside the missile. "Okay so you know this missile inside and out, tell me what to do." 

"There's a bundle of fiber optic cables against the inner casing, You'll need to cut the 23rd wire down. And whatever you do, do not touch anything else." 

"Got it," I grabbed the pliers and and reached in and mentally counted each wire. 

"Isabella, wait for my word. I'm rerouting the detonation processor." She said walking to the other side and typing something on the missile shell. "Are you ready?" 

"And raring." I joked lightly  

"Good luck." Kirk said. 

"Now." Carol said. 

I squeezed the pliers, and as soon as I did the panel that I had my arm in squeezed shut on my arm making me yelp. 

"Sir, the torpedo just armed itself!" Sulu said over the com. 

"The warhead's going to detonate in 30 seconds, sir!" My second said over the com. 

"What the hell happened?!" Jim yelled. "Target their signal. Beam them back right now!" 

"The transporter cannot differentiate between Bella and the torpedo. We cannot beam back one without the other." Said Sulu. 

"Dr. Marcus, can you disarm it?" Jim yelled as I tried to yank out my arm, but it hurt like hell. 

"I'm trying! I'm trying!" Carol said looking terrified, and frantically moving about the missile. 

"Jim, get her the hell out of here!" I yelled over the com. 

"No! If you beam me back, she dies!" Carol growled. "Just let me do it!"

"Ten, Nine, Eight." Sulu counted.