Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning in bed. I sat up and looked around to see the bedroom as normal with Uhura on her bed looking at her computer. 

"You're up." She said looking at me. 

"What happened last night?" I asked. 

She laughed. "You don't remember?" I shook my head. "When Spock and I came back from our walk you and Kirk were dancing. We stayed ther until 3am, and close to the end you were fast asleep on Kirk's shoulder. So he help me take you home, since he didn't want to wake you. He help put you in bed, and then he left." 

I looked down to see that I was still in my dress from last night. "Really?" I asked. 

"Yep," she said smiling at me. "So I take it you had fun last night?" 

" Shut up"  I said throwing my hair brush at her. She just laughed. 

******

It took a few weeks for the Enterprise to get repaired, and during that time I was tasked with the duty to watch over the repairs for the weapons bay. It was very boring work. The only reason I didn't go insane wa because most my friends came to visit. Uhura stayed with me most of the time. Chekov always made sure to bring me lunch, Sulu came down testing out the weapons. Bones and Scotty were busy in their departments watching over repairs so I didn't see them much, and I only caught small glimpes of Kirk because he was busiest of us all.

Finally the day came where the ship was fixed and we could go back on missions. Since Jim was Captain now he assigned posts. Sulu was now named the permant pilot, and Uhura was now on bridge as our main translator and communications expert, and Scotty was now the chief in command over engineering. Jim kept me, Chekov, and Bones in our positions. So the whole crew was together all expect Spock who said he was off to help with the Vulcan race and culture so it lived on.

I walked to the bridge after doing a run down of the weapons bay. I was wearing my gold dress again. I walked in and smiled as I took my seat to the right of Chekov at my weapons panal. Everyone was there expect Jim. 

After a few minutes the bridge door opened and in walked Jim wearing a gold shirt. He grinned looking around at all of us. 

"Keptin on the bridge!" Chekov said. 

Jim walked to his chair and sat down. "How's my ship?" He asked. 

"Maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines at your command, Sir." Sulu said. 

"Weapons systems and shields on standby." I said looking at Jim. 

"Dock control reports ready. Yard Command signalling clear." Uhura spoke. 

"Dilithum chamber at maximum efficiency, Captain." I heard Scotty say over the com. 

"Same ship, different day." I heard Bones grumble behind me. It made me smile. But the smiled faded quickly when I realized the science console was empty. 

In fact I looked around to see everyone feeling the same emptiness. Kirk frowned and looked forward. "Mr. Sulu, prepare to engage thrus--" 

The whoosh of the bridge door made me turn to see Spock walked in wearing his blue uniform. "Permission to come aboard, Captain." Spock said. I looked to Uhura and she was beaming. 

".... Permission granted." Kirk said smiling. 

Spock walked up to Jim. "As you have yet to select a first offiver, respectfully, I would like to submit my candidacy. Should you disire, I can provide character references." Spock said. 

I watched as Kirk nearly started laughing. "It would be my honor, Commander." Jim said. He turned back forward as Spock took his seat. "maneuvering thrusters, Mr. Sulu. Take us out." Jim said. 

"Aye, Captain." Sulu said. 

I watched as the ship came off the space station and we sailed into the open. Jim smiled looking foward. "Punch it" And with that Sulu pushed the warp lever making us jump into warp.