Chapter 9

I awoke in the med bay in one of the beds. I sat up suddenly becoming scared again, but then I felt a hand come and push me down. "Woah, don't sit up so fast." I looked and saw Bones scanning me once again with his stupid device. 

"Where Jim?" I asked. 

"He left a couple of minutes ago. He was requested on the bridge." Bones said. "He held you the entire time you slept." 

"How long was I out?" I asked. 

"About 45 minutes." He said. "I should probably fix up your wound." 

"What wound?" I asked. That's when I remembered when the Romulan punched me in the face. I reached up to touch it, but Bones stopped me before I could. 

"You might not want to touch it. It looks pretty deep." He said taking a swab and brought it near my eye. I laid back down, and flinched as he cleaned the wound. Once he was done, he began doing his magic, or at least that's what I called it. "There" He said pulling back. "Anything else hurt?" 

"Nope" I said sitting up once more. "Thank you doc. Am I free to go?" I asked wanting to go up to the bridge. 

"Yeah, but if you start feeling bad come here straight away." He said before turning to leave. 

I got up and started towards the room to change. I changed out of my tight yellow space-jumping outfit into thick black leggings, and I grey Starfleet shirt. I then slid some supple black leather boots. I didn't feel good enough for my dress, and I was sure Spock wouldn't be to mad. 

After I was done I made my way to the bridge. As I walked in all the heads turned to look at me. "Bella!" It was Uhura. She ran at me until her arms were wrapped around me. "Thank god you are okay. When you started to fall I almost died."  

I hugged her back. "I'm fine." I said pulling back. 

"Lieutenant," Uhura and I both turned to see Spock. "Have you confirmed that Nero is headed for Earth?" I looked to Spock to see his emtion, but he had none. He looked like a hollow shell.

"Their tragectory suggests no other destination, Captain." She said.

"Earth may be his next stop, but we have to assume every Federation planet's a target." Kirk said. I turned to look at him.

"Yes," Chekov said walking up. "agreed-- but why didn't they destroy us?" He us. 

"Why waste the weapons?" Sulu asked. "We weren't a threat." 

"That's not it." Spock said. We had all gathered around. "He said he wanted me to see something. The destruction of my home planet." 

"And how the hell did they do that by the way?" Bones said asked appearing behin me. "When did they jump so far ahead in the arms race?" 

I could answer this one. "The engineering comprehension necessary to artificially create a black hole may suggest the answer:" I said everyone looked at me. "Such technology could theoretically be manipulated to create a tunnel through space time." 

"Damnit, I'm a doctor, not a physicist-- are you suggesting they're from the future?" Bones asked

Everyone looked at me super confused except Spock. "That is what he's suggesting and I don't buy it." Jim said. 

"It you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains-- however improbable-- must be the truth." I said. Still no one got me except Spock.

"How poetic." Bones said rolling his eyes. 

"Then what would an angry future Romulan want with Cpatain Pike?" Jim asked. 

"As Admiral he knows details of Starfleet's defenses." Sulu said