!Cheater! Levi X Reader Part 2

"Bitter Truth: p2"

‼️WARNINGS‼️

•Swearing

•Mentions of Infidelity

________________________________

(Requested by: @-D_ACKERMAN & @eglecerv )

Third Person POV

"Can I talk to you?" Levi asks on the other side of the door. (F/n) stands in her bedroom, hand still over the knob as she stares at him. His eyes look more tired than usual, dark circles visible in the low lights of the hallway. She's never seen him look so distressed, but she also has to remind herself of what he did. "I don't know if we should." Her words are quiet, expression blank. "You already broke the rule, I don't want to see you." She then adds, eyes trailing away. It was so hard to look at him. So hard to see those eyes she used to be so in love with. However, those eyes have hurt her. They've looked at someone else with the same lust they had for her. It all hurt so badly.

"At least let me give an explanation? You deserve closure." Levi is almost begging to have his voice heard. "Levi I-" She starts, but he finishes. "Please?" He usually never says it, but this time, he knows it has a little affect on her. "Make it quick." (F/n) sighs, coming out into the hallway and shutting her door. The two walk outside and sit in the stables on top of some crates. (F/n) keeps a distance between them, too fearful for what will happen if she gives into him again. She sits in silence, waiting for him to begin his side of the story. Levi adjusts a little, feeling a bit nervous since they haven't spoke in so long. "Are you going to sit there and waste more of my time or not?" (F/n) speaks up before he has a chance. The bitterness of her words seeps deep under his skin, but he knows he deserves all of it.

"I was stupid." He starts off, wanting to make sure that his explanation mentions all his faults. "It was wrong, (f/n). I don't want to say I didn't know what I was thinking, but the truth is that I wasn't thinking in that moment." He looks up to see her face. (F/n) is looking down at the ground, blinking every few seconds as she quietly listens. "I hurt you when I never wanted to. I never meant it, yet, I did anyway. I feel so guilty, (f/n)... I was scared." His words are slow and gentle, not an ounce of harshness behind his voice. This was a new side of Levi (f/n) has never seen before. Was this him being genuine? "Why were you scared?" She decides to ask, keeping her gaze down. "Of losing you. Of being in love. I chickened out of it because I was afraid of losing you, but I already did." His words confuse her. "What do you mean...?" She whispers, finally lifting her head up to briefly face him. "Anytime I got close to someone, I lost them. It hurts like hell to go through loss over and over again. I thought that if I distanced myself from you... I wouldn't physically lose you, but I emotionally lost you." Even if he is being sincere, she can't trust him. She's still hesitant.

"Then why would you kiss Petra if you didn't want to lose me? You broke my trust... you broke my heart, you broke me. I loved you, Levi... and somehow, I still do." Her words struggle to come out, the emotions of her broken love coming back. Even though it's been two months and she's already processed the heartbreak and gotten over it, the feelings still linger. You can never fully get over something. "All I can say is that I'm sorry, (f/n). I don't expect you to accept it, but that's what I have to offer. I was a scared idiot and took whatever option I thought of first, even if it wasn't the smartest one. Which it wasn't. If I could take it all back, I would. I had second thoughts and losing your love made me realize how wrong I was. I never should have listened to my dumbass head. I was just insecure and had to drag you through this mess I made." The short man sighs, placing a hand on the back of his neck. "We can go back to never speaking or seeing each other again, I just wanted to get that off my chest because you deserve the explanation and closure. It was never your fault, it was all mine. I accept 100% responsibility for my actions." His eyes face the ground.

(F/n) takes in this information, evaluating all his thoughts and feelings. What the hell is she going to do now? Forgive him and move on? Forgive him and accept him back into her life? Or neither? Taking a breath and holding it in, she releases it once she knows what to say. "I'm not here to dismiss your feelings and reasons... but you do need to know that I was incredibly hurt by your actions. I poured my heart out for you and you didn't reciprocate. You toyed with it like it was nothing... I'm still hurt, Levi." The (hair color) girl lifts her head up. "If that's the truth you're telling me, then thank you for taking responsibility and acknowledging that I never deserved that. It also wouldn't be fair of me to stay mad at you and her. I don't know what I want yet... I don't know if I can even trust you again after that." She purses her lips at the end. "Let me process this some more and maybe we can slowly move forward from there?" (F/n) suggests, turning to face him. Levi meets her gaze, feeling nothing but fortunate and lucky to receive that as an answer. She could have stayed angry and pushed him away, but she decided to be the bigger person and listen to him.

"If that's what you want, I'd be more than happy to give you more time and see what happens from there." Levi answers, sitting up straight. "So... friends, I guess?" (F/n) shrugs, waiting for his response. "I'd love to be friends again." He whispers, gazing into her (color) eyes. The ones he has missed more than anything. They always brought him peace and that's what he's been needing since this happened. (F/n) grins slightly, leaning forward to pull him into a tight hug. As mad as she was at him, all she has wanted these past two months was to be able to hug him again. They may not be lovers again, but this is enough for now.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

She's still going to slam his fingers in a door sooner or later. 😌💅🏻

Also happy first day of Pride Month! You are all valid and loved! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍🤎

~AlpineBreadStick