Levi X !Tattoo Artist! Reader (AU) (Genderfluid)

"Under Your Skin"

‼️WARNINGS‼️

•Swearing

•Needles

________________________________

Second Person POV

Tapping the end of your pencil against your cheek, you studiously stare down at the current piece you've been creating for an upcoming client that had requested a/an (insert). Between the Bluetooth speakers booming "(song name)" and the buzzing of a tattoo machine, you narrowly catch the jingle of the shop bell as the front door opens. Setting down the pencil onto your sketchbook, your eyes glaze up across the shop, spotting a figure in the entry. "Hey, how's it going?" You shout over the loud music as you stand up from hunching over your tattoo table to stretch your back out. The figure turns their own gaze your direction, deciding to approach. "Hey." A slow masculine voice replies as the man stalks closer.

Reaching down for your phone, you turn the volume down a few notches. "Walk-in? I'm Y/n, by the way." You nod your head over to the waiting room to the left of the entrance, grabbing your sketchbook and supplies to bring with. "Levi." The man states and follows you over to the (color) (texture) couches, sitting across from you. Plopping yourself down as well, you get comfortable and place the sketchbook on your lap, turning to a fresh page. "So Levi, do you have any other tattoos?" You ask, lifting your head to face the raven. Parting his lips, Levi curtly shakes his head. "No. First time." He answers simply. Grinning to yourself, you already know you'll have a field day with him. You love tattoo virgins. "Awesome! I'm honored you came to me!" You exclaim to which Levi looks unamused. He acts like a stereotypical tattooer who gatekeeps the art, making you want to tug the corner of your lip to the side in an awkward way.

"My mother passed away when I was a kid, so I'd like to get her name." Levi explains, folding his arms over his chest, right leg crossing his other as he leans back slightly. Gently nodding, you already begin mentally drafting. "I'm sorry for your loss." You sigh, twiddling with your graphite pencil. "I'd like it on the left side of my chest, below the collarbone." Levi states, which perks your interest even more. Chests are difficult due to the client taking breaths, but you're up for the challenge. "And what's her name?" You ask. "Her name is Kuchel. K-u-c-h-e-l." He spells out, prompting you to quickly scribble it at the top of your page. "Perfect. And do you have any ideas as for style? How big you want it?" You look back up to meet his slightly intense gaze. This man holds some serious eye contact. You have to give it to him though, not many are able to carry that power.

Rolling his head to the right then back as he ponders, he composes himself once more after hardly two seconds. "Not huge, but not puny. No more than 6" inches/15.24cm long." Levi answers, to which you nod. "Got it." You also scribble in his size preference at the top of the page. "For the font, I actually have a letter with her handwriting." He fishes for the paper in his back pocket, holding it out. You reach forward and take hold of the letter, unfolding it to lay your eyes on the inked script. "Ah, I get to transfer this digitally!" You hum enthusiastically to yourself. "All right, well, I'll get the paperwork for you to sign. I'll also start making a few size options, and you can get yourself a drink and snack from our vending machine if you'd like, while you wait." You offer, nodding your head behind the man. "Thanks." The raven responds, glancing behind his shoulder.

After checking his ID and getting the sheet and clipboard with a pen for Levi, you pick up your supplies to head back to your table to begin working on the design. Pulling out your iPad from your bag, you open the drawing app, snapping a picture of the letter Levi gave you, then inserting it to the canvas. Then, you turn up the transparency after adjusting the size, selecting a brush and black to start tracing the signature. Some time later, you print out two stencils to give him options.