Levi X !Sick! Reader (AU)

"Call In"

‼️Warnings‼️

Swearing

________________________________

Third Person POV

Levi was sitting in his car, waiting for (f/n) to show up. The two were coworkers and have been carpooling for the past year as they became closer. It was nonsense to waste gas going to the same destination when they live a few blocks away from each other. Hanging out one Friday evening for a happy hour drink turned into a tradition and lead them to the friendship they have today.

Checking his phone again to make sure he didn't miss a text, an annoyed grunt slips between his lips. His screen only lit up with the time, date, and his lock-screen background which was an unflattering picture of (f/n) when she was unaware. How Levi managed to sneakily snap this picture? Only God knows. How (f/n) still hasn't noticed it? That's a different story.

"Where is she?" The disgruntled man mutters as he sticks the ends of his sunglasses between his teeth. A few more minutes pass and he decides to just go upstairs and get her himself. Even if he has to pull her out of bed and drag her into the office in her pajamas. After he exits the elevator on the desired floor, he wanders to her door and knocks roughly, making his presence known to the entire building. "(F/n)? We're gonna be late!"

When she didn't answer, Levi sighs in irritation, searching for the spare key she gave him a while back. Fiddling the key in the handle, he pushes the door open and dusts his hand off on his trousers. "I'm here, brat!" He exclaims, scanning the narrow front entry. "Tch, this place is a mess. She usually keeps it clean..." The petite man scoffs when he notices a pile of dirty dishes in the kitchen sink.

Still left hanging and one more peek at his wrist watch, Levi heads for her bedroom door and gives a single tap before barging in. Standing in the doorway, he's met with a sleeping figure in a pile of blankets on the bed. "Wake up, you've already made us late." He forcefully yanks all of the blankets off in one motion. "Hey-!" (F/n) exclaims, shooting up "Oh, it's just you." She sighs with a hoarse voice, rubbing her puffy eyes.

"I've been waiting outside for the past twenty-five minutes! What the hell are you still doing in bed?" He frowns, crossing his arms over his chest. "Sorry, I forgot to call you. I'm sick." She groans, lying back down to curl in a ball. "Tch." Levi rolls his eyes, moving to draw her curtains back and let in some light. "That's too bright!" (F/n) grabs a spare pillow to drop over her head in an attempt to block out the light. "Did you call in sick yet?" The man ignores her complaints. "Yeah." Her voice is muffled but he still heard her clearly. "I would stay here and help your sorry ass but I can't take the day off." His arms cross yet again.

"No, it's fine. You don't need to stay anyway, I'll be fine." She waves off, dropping her arm immediately after. "All right. If you need me just call and I'll do what I can." Levi grumbles, heading to the bedroom door to take his leave. "You look like a piece of shit, by the way." He announces from the hallway. "Thank you." (F/n) responds weakly, falling back asleep after hearing her front door lock.

Time skip

Later that evening, Levi stops by (f/n)'s apartment since it's on route back home. Clicking the lock on his key fob twice, he makes his way to the entrance of her building and takes the elevator up to the sixth floor. Getting off and entering her apartment once again, nothing about her environment has changed. It looks as if she hasn't left her bedroom.