Levi X !Dead! !Hero! Reader

"Heart on Fire"

‼️WARNINGS‼️

•Minor Swearing

•Death

•Fire

________________________________

Third Person POV

It was like any other regular day in the Survey Corps' HQ. Everyone was inside the building while (f/n) was outside grooming her horse. While she was feeding her horse, she saw Eren come outside.

"Hey Eren." She greeted him. "Hi. I was supposed to tell you that dinner's almost ready." He replied. "Ok, thanks." (F/n) smiled. After Eren left, she had this weird feeling inside of her.

(F/n) shook away the thought, leaving the stables and about to head inside. Before she even got three feet away from the stables, she heard screaming coming from inside.

Then a bunch of people came running out of the HQ. (F/n) looked up at the building and saw smoke coming from the windows. "FIRE!!!" Someone shouted. (F/n)'s eyes widened as she ran over to where Eren was at outside.

"What happened?!" She shouted. "A fire started in the kitchen!" He answered. "And you didn't try to put it out?!" She shouted again. Eren hesitantly shook his head 'no', ashamed.

A few minutes passed and Erwin was taking attendance to see if everyone made it out. "Wait..where's corporal Levi?!" Petra shouted. 'Shit! He's probably still inside!' (F/n) thought to herself.

She then sprinted out of the line, going back to the building's front entrance. There was more and more smoke forming. The Military Police were on their way to put it out, but there hasn't been any sign of them.

(F/n) covered her mouth and nose with her arm while she ran down the smoke filled halls, looking for the staircase since his office was on the third floor. She finally found the staircase, but it was starting to collapse a little.

"Screw it!" She shouted, muffled by her arm, as she ran up the staircase to the third floor. When she got up there, she started coughing from all the smoke filling her lungs.

She made it to his office door and kicked it open with her foot. She saw the corporal on the ground coughing uncontrollably. "(L/n)?!" He gasped. "Sir, are you alright?" She asked, quickly going to his side.

"Just get out of here, why did you come back anyway?" He scowled. "To get you out! If you couldn't tell, the building isn't going to last much longer if the MP's don't get their asses over here!" (F/n) replied.

She grabbed on to his arms and pulled him out of the debris that was piled on top of his legs. "Can you run?" "No. But like I said, you escape while you can!" He shouted at her.

"I'm not leaving without you, sir!" "And why do you care so much about getting me out of this mess?" "Because I really like you sir!" She mumbled, biting her lip as soon as she blurted that out.

She did have a crush on her corporal, but she knew he wouldn't return the feelings. "What did you say?" He asked. "Never mind that!" She threw him over her shoulder and ran out of his office.

However when they made it back to the first floor, the ceiling was starting to slowly crack above them. "You better run faster, brat!" Levi hollered. (F/n) tried picking up her speed, but saw the ceiling caving in now.

"LEVI I'VE REALLY LIKED YOU FOR SOME TIME NOW, I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW!" She screamed. "W-what..?" Levi's eyes widened.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" She shouted again, throwing him off her shoulder. He rolled on the floor for a second, then looked up to see the ceiling collapse on top of (f/n).

"(F/N)!!" He screamed. He tried crawling over to where her body was crushed, but felt someone dragging him away. "Shitty-glasses?!" He saw Hanji pulling him out of the building.

Luckily they weren't that far from the entrance when (f/n) got trapped. "Are you ok, sir?!" All of the cadets shouted when Hanji and him made it out.

"LET ME GO, I NEED TO GO BACK IN AND GET (F/N)!" He tried fighting against Hanji. Hanji was holding him back by his arms when he turned around to look at the HQ.

The whole building fell down to the ground. "I'm sorry Levi..I'm afraid it's too late to save her." Hanji quietly replied. The Military Police finally showed up to their HQ and put out the remaining flames.

"I don't understand...she sacrificed her life just for me to live." Levi said to himself as he watched the flames and smoke subside.

"I'm sorry you lost a teammate Levi, but she was just another cadet." Erwin sighed. "She was more than a cadet to me.." Levi responded, barely audible.

__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__-__

A little bit of a short chapter, but that's all I could think of. :P

Hope you enjoyed this one shot!

❤️Peace❤️