A New Journey

Cream's P.O.V

I finished packing my last bag to get ready to move into the dorm I was going to stay in. I was excited and nervous all at once. This was going to be a new thing that was exciting. Cheese, Tails, and Charmy were going as well! We were going to do this together! But let's just say the drive over there was... a bit much.

"Dad, are you crying?" I asked Shadow who was driving the car. Sonic was sitting next to him in the driver's seat who was also crying. Tails was sitting next to me and Cooper was on my other side. Cheese sat on my shoulder, very confused. Both of them were giving me a look at why they were crying. Which I didn't have an answer. "C-Crying? W-Who said I was crying?" he replied, continuing to drive.

"Guys, we can see you crying." Tails said. "No! W-We've just got sweaty eyes!" Sonic said. "Dads, it's okay to miss Cream and Tails, they are gonna be gone for a while!" Cooper said reassuringly.

But I wish he didn't say anything because they suddenly began crying louder. "OH don't go there!" Shadow sobbed. "Shadow watch the road! We can't crash right now!" Sonic sobbed. I rolled my eyes and looked at Tails who put one earbud in his ear. I knew Charmy must've been suffering from the same situation with Espio and Vector driving him to the campus. We made it and parked into a spot while everyone else unloaded our stuff. They did it pretty fast too, considering we brought a lot of stuff with us. Tails and I walked into our room where everything was in order.

Now we just had to wait for Charmy to get here. "S-So i-is everything in order?" Shadow asked. "Yeah we're pretty sure!" Tails asked. "A-Are you sure? There's nothing else you need?" Sonic questioned. "Nope, pretty confident we're good to go!" I replied. "R-Really? O-Okay! I-I mean just let us know!" Shadow stammered. I smiled softly and hugged him tightly.

"We'll be fine dad." I teased. "I know. It's just that I can't believe you're growing up so fast!" I giggled and looked over at Tails who was trying his best to get Sonic to relax. "Sonic, I'll be fine too!" he reassured. "I know. Really I do! But it's hard to believe my little genius is going off into the world!" he smiled. That's when Charmy walked through the door, Finn ran ahead to Cooper and played. Hunter was on his shoulders when Charmy finally walked up to us.

I went up to hug him which he gladly accepted. "Oh my gosh, you guys got it set up!" he cheered. "Yep! Well, more like dad and Sonic did. But otherwise, we've been ready!" I replied. He looked over and saw that Shadow had been crying. "Him too huh?" he asked. "Pretty much." I muttered. "Don't worry, I get it! Espio and Vector... well, let's just say-" he began. But my thoughts were confirmed when both of them walked through the door.

"They grow up too fast!" Vector cried. "Oh, hush Vector. They're gonna be just fine." Espio sighed. At least we had someone that had common sense. "Here's the last of the stuff Charmy." he added, handing Charmy a box. "Thanks Espio! You sure Vector's gonna be?" he asked, before looking at the puffy-eyed crocodile who kept sobbing. "He'll be fine." Espio reassured. "I'm very proud of the rest of you."

We all hugged him and Vector trying to make him feel better about everything. Finally, they had all calmed down and were looking at us proudly. "You guys are gonna do great. Just stay out of trouble for me okay?" Shadow told me. "Don't worry dad! I will!" I promised. Cooper, Finn, and Hunter walked over to us and hugged us tightly. "Come back and visit us soon!" Cooper pleaded. "Oh don't worry! We'll be back before you know it!" I reassured.

They stayed a little bit longer until we finally had to push them out of our dorm so we could have some peace to ourselves. When we were all alone we looked at each other and began giggling. "Sooooo, what are your schedules like?" I asked. "Well, most of my classes are in the morning. But I think I share one class with you and one class with Charmy!" Tails replied. "My classes are in the evening. I just thought I could use the day for work. But I can't wait to join you guys eventually!" Charmy added.

"Mine is a mix of afternoon and morning so I've got the whole day figured out from there!" I replied. "Chew chew!" Cheese replied. "He's mostly with me!" I smiled.

"I can't believe we're in college! Finally, we can do our own thing!" I cheered and twirled our room and looked around. "I know right! What are we going to do first on our own?" Charmy asked. I thought for a minute and a beautiful thought popped in my head. "You know, my stomach has been telling me it wants a french fry-milkshake combo! How about you guys?"

Both of them shrugged their shoulders and nodded. "Chew chew!" "Don't worry Cheese, we can get you some cheesy fries! Now come on! I'm hungry!" I grabbed both their arms and pulled them out the door. "Woah okay!" Tails chuckled as we quickly were out onto the streets.