The Big Moment

Cream's P.O.V

Cheese, Charmy, Tails, and I went to the park. Just the three of us. I wasn't sure why but I couldn't complain! They were finally getting along without any bumps! Still, they kept acting odd. "Where are we going, guys? You're killing me with excitement!" I said elatedly. "Don't worry! You'll see! We're definitely getting closer!" Tails reassured me. "But since we're both here, do you know where we are?!" Charmy asked. "Chew chew!" Cheese added.

I looked around and laughed. "How could I forget the place where we helped everyone get engaged all at once!" They laughed along with me. "Man... has it been that long?" Tails sighed. "I can't believe it. To think we did all that on our own as little kids still in grade school. OH, the easy days!" Charmy chuckled flying around the area. "Tell me about it. I love those memories though! The days when those who struggled to find love finally got the one they've been seeking for!" I awed. "Oh stop with the lovey-dovey cheesiness! It's too early for that!" Charmy begged.

"What are you saying Charm?! For us, it's never too early." Tails sneered hugging his boyfriend tightly. "Stopppp! I already said it's too earlyyyy!" I started laughing at them. We eventually stopped halfway to a spot that looked familiar. "Wow... this is the exact place where it all went down!" How could have time gone by so fast? "Isn't this such a good day?" I asked turning around to look at them. But to my surprise, they weren't there anymore. I felt a hand rub my back gently.

I cried out and calmed myself down once I realized it was Kai. "Oh my! Kai! Don't scare me like that!" I giggled seeing him. We hugged each other and he embraced me with hugs and kisses. "I didn't mean to scare you, princess. But I've been nervous to see you all day!" he chuckled. I pulled away from him surprised, looking him in the eyes. Now I could finally see his face, I indeed saw there was nervousness in his eyes. "Kai, did something happen?" I asked.

He shook his head and held me tight. "Don't worry okay? I'm doing fine! As I said, I've been nervous to see you all day! But more than happy to see your beautiful face." he said, brushing the back of his hand against my cheek. I smiled softly. "Oh hush! You're just saying that!" But he shook his head. "I would never lie when it comes to you, princess. I just... Gosh, I don't have words today." he said.

I put my head against his chest. "What are you doing?" he asked curiously. "You said you didn't have words. I'm just trying to hear what your heart has to say!" I said. He lifted my chin up with his finger making me look at him.

"Cream, you're everything I've ever wanted in a soulmate. You're kind, considerate, caring, brave, crazy in a good way, wonderful, so understanding, beautiful, adventurous, and... the love of my life. I couldn't imagine a world without you. I don't even want to imagine. You've done so much for me. More than you realize. You gave me a place to call home and surrounded me with a wonderful family. To think I met you once by crashing into you in the park that day. And even more when I spilled my entire drink on you in a fast food place after catching a break on life! But I doubt it would've ever been the same. I never thought in a million years I would've been able to fall in love, let alone get the girl of my dreams. There's nothing I won't do to make sure you have everything you need and to make sure you're safe. My priorities are all about you. I'm sorry if I've ever let you down. I swear on my life I won't let something like that happen again. Please, I want you to be honest, do you love me?"

"Kai, of course, I do! There's so much you've done for me that I truly can't thank you enough for. You've protected me long before we even started dating. Never once have you become angry or aggressive towards me. I know you can't understand how I feel about that, but quite frankly I'm grateful for everything that you did and continue to do for me. Maybe the way we met was a bit- messy! I couldn't care less Kai. Life with you is always amazing. I wouldn't have it any other way than it is now. I love you, I do! I just don't understand why you're so nervous!"

"Oh... if only you knew what I've had to go through yesterday and today, you'd be amazed. I won't keep you waiting anymore Cream. Let's get to the point," he said at last.

It didn't make sense. But then...

He got down on one knee while pulling out a small little box. I knew what this meant. My brain forgot how to think clearly. Thank god I didn't say anything yet though.

"As I've said before, you're the best friend and best girlfriend I could ever have. We've met during these intense college years but I can't wait to continue our journey after this. The years we've spent have always been a roller coaster. Yet you always know exactly how to make everything better for me and those around you. So... will you be my soul mate forever? Will you marry me?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I listened to his beautiful voice. "Yes Kai! Oh, a million times yes! YES YES YES!" I said and he stood up happily. He put the ring on my finger and swept me off my feet to hold me and shared a brief kiss. "Ugh! Finally!" a voice said. I looked towards the bushes. "Spirit! You rushed it!" another one went. "I didn't see what happened! Someone explain!"

I chuckled knowing the voices of my nieces and nephews all too well. The rest of my family popped out from hiding places. "Oooh! Cream congrats oh my gosh!" Amy cheered rushing to hug us as Kai put me down. "Yass! Cream you're so grown!" Rouge added squeezing us tight. "Oh, Vanilla would be so happy!" Blaze told me as she nuzzled me gently. All my nieces and nephews rushed up to me and basically tackled me and Kai to the ground. 

"UNCLE KAI!" they cheered as they ran us over. I laughed knowing he already had become part of my official family. As I got up from the fall, I stood up to see my two best friends laughing. "Of course, you guys were in on this!" I said running over and tackling them this time. "How could we not?!" Charmy cheered. "After all you've done for all of us? Nah we had to be a part of it!" Tails went on. I laughed and looked over at dad who had tears in his eyes. He pretended not to show it but it was so obvious.

"Dad, don't be upset. I'm still here!" I reassured him. "Yeah well- I wish you stayed little." he growled softly. "Thank you." I whispered as I embraced him in a hug. "I know this can't be easy." I said once more. He hugged me gently. I eventually let go and walked back to Kai who still stood there waiting for me to come back. "I love you." he whispered. "I love you too!" I whispered. We shared a kiss in front of everyone as they cheered for us. I then looked down at my ring to get a better look since I barely caught a glance.

Oh my gosh... This ring... "Kai, where did you get this?" I asked curiously. He took her hand and held it. "You should talk to Vector." he said. I looked behind me and Vector picked me up before hugging me tightly. I cried out in a slight moment of pain. "Oh my child!" he cried hysterically. "UgH! V-Vector!" I choked. He put me back down. "Your mother would be so happy for you!" he said. What? Wait- "Vector... is this..?" I began.

"It was your mom's kid. I was a little hesitant to let it go at first after she passed. But I'm ready for you to have it and cherish it with your new life! Congrats Cream. I can't thank you enough for the life you've helped me to get. Now we're ready for you to get yours!" he told me. I wiped my tears away and grabbed Tails, Charmy, Cheese, and Kai by their arms and took them with me. I laughed enjoying their company.

Eventually, everyone left to give me and Kai the space we needed. "I can't believe this is happening so soon!" I cheered. "There's no one else I'd rather do it with than you." Kai said kissing my head. "We... We have to collect for the wedding and prepare. But I'm more than ready. I'm ready for this life." he added. "As long as it's with you!"