Christmas With Family

No P.O.V

It was the first holiday that the group would be spending with each other without Eggman. Even though this thought was painful, they knew he wouldn't want them to be down on the happiest days of the year. Everyone met up at Shadow, Sonic, and Cooper's home where they were beginning to show up.

"Oh my gosh! Shadow get the door! My hands are full!" Sonic cried. "I can't! The food is gonna burn!" he cried back. "I'll get it!" Cooper sighed, racing over to open up the door." When he reached the door, the first ones to be there were Cream, Tails, Charmy, Kai, and of course, Cheese. "Cream!" Cooper cheered, hopping up in her arms. "It's so good to see you Cooper!" she smiled, gladly holding her little brother tightly. Cheese chewed and nuzzled Cooper who giggled as he was nuzzled. "Tails! Charmy! You guys came back too!"

Tails and Charmy opened their arms up and both took turns throwing Cooper up and down happily. "Dang you're getting big!" Tails noted, holding him carefully. "Yeah! Uncle Knuckles and Papa have been teaching me how to use all my powers!" he said, his quills quickly flashing. Everyone smiled and he looked over at Kai.

"Who's that?" he asked, pointing at the fairly muscular wolf. "Oh! This is Kai! My... My boyfriend!" Cream replied, somewhat hesitant. Cooper looked stunned. "YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" he shouted surprised. All five tensed up and Cream started to panick on the inside. "C-Cooper! Shadow doesn't know!" Tails cried. "Oh- whoops! My bad." he sighed. But it was too late. A cold chill filled the room as Shadow entered the room.

He stared right at Kai. An icy glare sent shivers down all their spines. "Boyfriend?" he asked coldly. "Uh! DAD! How have you been?!" Cream began to ask, seeing her dad standing there. "Who's the boy?" he growled. Cream took in a deep breath, pulling Kai to her side. Kai smiled nervously. "Dad, this is Kai. The guy I've been dating." she said calmly. Shadow huffed and stood in place.

Acting on what Cream had told him, Kai held his hand out to shake Shadow's. "It's nice to finally meet you Mr. Shadow. Cream tells me how cool you are!" he replied. "Hmph." Shadow scoffed again, rolling his eyes. "Dad." Cream snapped. Just then Sonic ran into the room out of breath. "Sorry! I had to get presents for the tree! Finally, I can hug you guys!" he cheered, racing to hug all of us. It wasn't until he got to Kai that he stopped to think.

"Waiiiiit a minute, who are you?!" he questioned. "Nice to meet you Mr. Sonic! Cream told me about you guys! I heard you raised her well! I mean, she is a very compassionate girlfriend after all." he greeted, holding out to shake Sonic's hand. "Oh! It's nice to meet you too! Good to know Cream is in good hands!" he smiled.

Looking at each other, Charmy and Tails were smiling at each other happily, snuggling up close to each other. "Hey, did Vector tell you what time he'd be here? He hasn't texted me all day!" Charmy wondered. "Oh! Vector's phone's been acting up. But he's coming!" Sonic reassured. Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Oh! I better get that! Just get settled in!" Sonic reassured heading to the door. Everyone but Shadow took a seat around the house. When the door was answered, there stood Knuckles, Rouge, and their daughter Crystal. "Hey, guys! Glad you made it!" he smiled. "Of course hun! We aren't missing anything for this!" Rouge replied. "Yeah! Thankfully Rouge got us here on time!" Knuckles added. "Daddy burned the Turkey Roast though!" Crystal giggled.

Rouge and Sonic both laughed while Knuckles looked at them annoyed. "Well come in! There's only a few of us right now but we're just getting started!"

Both nodded and walked inside where they made themselves at home. "Oh my gosh! Guys!" Rouge cheered and raced over to greet everyone. "Aunt Cream! Uncle Tails! Uncle Charmy!" Crystal went on, following her mother close along. Knuckles went over to greet Shadow who snapped out of his death stare and greeted his good friend. "So how are you?" he asked. "I'm ok... But... that boy." he snarled. Knuckles winced his eyes and noticed Kai loving on Cream.