Better Now

Cream's P.O.V

Even though losing Eggman was devastating to all of us, I knew I had to move on in order to carry on his wish for us to be happy. It had only been a few days since the funeral had occurred but I felt myself healing quicker than I thought. I guess my capability to bounce back from anything helped me get through it all.

Although Tails was more upset than anyone I've ever seen about his death. I can't blame him for being so sad. They were partners in mechanics once all the tension was solved. They both had a tight bond. I can't imagine what it was like when Tails first heard the news. Charmy and Eggman weren't as close but when they were together, I knew you had to pry Charmy away from him.

His loss affected all of us in a way. I know Dad and Aunt Rouge were trying to cope with it better since Eggman had impacted their lives greatly.

Sonic on the other wasn't sure how to handle it. Even if they started out as enemies, you can tell they fixed it all in the end.

I feel like there was never enough time to go over the things we could never get past when Eggman was here.

I can't do anything other than appreciating what he did give me. Today though, I went with Tails, Charmy, and Cheese to go through some stuff at his old base. I was sort of nervous since it had been so long since anyone had actually been here.

Shadow gave me the keys and we were off. The car ride was pretty quiet, to be honest. I can't be too surprised. It's been too hard to talk for more than a few seconds. When we arrived at the base, we quietly exited the car. We took in the view that Eggman had every morning he woke up. "Huh... feels different when you look at the ocean from here..." Tails noted as we looked out at the endless sea.

Salt filled my nose making me sneeze briefly. "You know... it's strange we only just now realized this view..." I said. "Yeah... but I guess it helps to remember him." Charmy replied. For a few minutes, we stared before I had the idea to walk to the sandy part of where the base was standing. I sat down and closed my eyes as I took in the breeze that passed by. The two joined me and Cheese sat on my head as we looked out at the horizon. "You know... it's crazy how everything... is so calm after everything we've been through..." Tails said.

"Tell me about it..." I sighed. Eventually, we all got up and walked into the base when I worked up the courage to put the key in the lock. As I opened up the doors, there was dust that flew around everywhere. We coughed a little as it flew up in our face. "Woah! I doubt we couldn't have been gone that long!" I cried. "Oh, I'm sure it's nothing! You know Eggman was never one for cleanliness." Tails reassured.

On the inside, it was dark and creepy. I stumbled around looking for the light switch that took forever to find. When I turned it on, it lit up, making tons of weird noises. It really started up everything as we looked around trying to find out where to go. There was a bunch of stuff scattered everywhere. Even before he passed he was acting like his usual self. There were multiple boxes everywhere I looked. Charmy and Tails tackled one corner of boxes while Cheese and I did another.

Most of the boxes contained robot parts of mechanical pieces that he probably was using to create more robots. Cheese chewed as he picked up a few pieces and kept flying around the place within his base. It was funny seeing him feel better even after all the sadness we were faced with. I rummaged a little bit more and I found a portrait of Shadow, Eggman, and Rouge all posing in a picture. Each one held a gun, posing in front of their old friend Omega. I had to wipe away the dust but I smiled to myself seeing the grins on their face.

They all seemed so much younger back then. "Hey! Did you guys see this one!" I told them, pointing out the picture. "Wow! They looked pretty awesome back then!" Charmy pointed out. "Honestly, I wonder what happened to Omega. Haven't seen them in forever!" Tails added. That's when I crossed my mind, I remembered Eggman had this back storage room. I jumped up and ran to the back. I could hear Charmy, Tails, and Cheese chase after me as I ran.

The back room where I knew I was barely allowed to go into had a pin pad code. I tapped my chin to figure out what the code might be. "Might be his birthday, he always used those for his passwords." Tails suggested. "Or maybe a battle day?" Charmy suggested. It crossed my mind and I pressed 1111. It turned green and I entered with ease. "What- how did you know?!" Tails asked shocked.

"Welllll he always used the passwords everyone else would think was too obvious!" I said grinning happily. Once again there were hardly any lights. I reached in my pocket and managed to find my phone and turn on the flashlight. It looked even creepier this time even with the lights. "Oh gosh, I hope Omega's in here somewhere..." Charmy said a little worried. For a while, we all walked around bumping into things we missed even with the lights.

I then noticed there was a huge red metal piece in the back and decided to shine the light right on it. What is that? As I looked right at it, I noticed something very odd. As I moved it, I was staring straight at a robotic pair of eyes that looked angrily at each other. "AH!" I screamed, a little alarmed. After catching my breath,  I squinted my eyes and saw that it was indeed the robot. "C'mon! Help me get him out!" I urged.

A huge struggle of pushing him later, he stood in the middle in the base, stuck in the same position when all of us pushed him out.

We stood in front of him staring at Omega. "So, how do we turn him on?" Charmy asked. "There has to be an on switch," Tails stated as he looked around. On Omega's back, there was a panel that could open up. Which he did. Inside, there were a bunch of buttons and switches. Pushing one made Omega wire up and making beeping sounds as he began to move around.

"Omega 123. Systems. Adequate. Updating data. Updating. Updating. Updates complete. Current situation. Nonhostile. Scanning area." he said out loud. He looked over at us and just stared. "Facial Recognition. Subject one. Cream the Rabbit. Ally. Subject two. Tails the Fox. Ally. Subject three. Charmy the bee. Ally. Subject four. Cheese the Chao. Ally. My loyalty is to you. I am at your service." he said, his robotic voice stunning all three of us.

Taking it all in, I realized Omega's been in there forever. I wonder why though. "Well, now that he's awake, what are we going to do with him?" Tails asked. I thought about it for a minute and came up with a really good idea. "Christmas is coming around the corner! We should surprise everyone with him!" I suggested. Both of them nodded and we led Omega out of the base.

On the way home, we were discussing everything, in a much better mood than we were before. I was so excited! But- "Wait, our dorm is only so big. Where are we gonna store him!?" I said aloud. "OH! We could leave him at my lab! He'll have enough space to move around there!" Tails suggested. "Wouldn't Sonic or someone else find him there?" Charmy wondered. "I doubt it, I barely use my lab so Sonic doesn't even go there!" he reassured us.

We dropped off Omega at the lab, made sure he understood the situation, and then we left pretty abruptly.

On the way back, we were so excited, talking about how everyone would react to seeing a friend they haven't seen in years. "This is gonna be so much fun! After everything, I think this'll really change things!" Charmy said excitedly. "I know! It'll be amazing! Cheering everyone up with the now found Omega! Oh Eggman would be so happy!" I cheered.

"This is gonna be awesome! I know they're going to love it!" Tails added. As we approached the dorms where we lived, I smiled thinking about how Eggman would've loved that we found him. How Dad and Aunt Rouge would've wanted to see him again. It was gonna be great!

Lost in my thoughts, I bumped into both Charmy and Tails who had stopped dead in their tracks looking at something. "Guys? Is everything okay?" I asked. They slowly turned around and had nervous smiles on their faces. "Uh- Yeah! It's nothing really!" Charmy reacted quickly. "Y-Yeah! We just thought we saw something! It's nothing! Ugh! Silly me!" Tails added. I rolled my eyes and tried to keep walking but Cheese cut me off. "CHEW!" he cried, blocking my face.

"Honestly- We should go- chill out somewhere else! It's only 3 in the afternoon! There's a ton of stuff to do!" Charmy added. "Besides, inside is boring! I think we can just-" Tails replied. I pushed past both of them and walked towards our dorm. "What are you guys going on about!" I snapped and looked at our dorm's door.

There at the front...

Kai...