First Day

Cream's P.O.V

It was a brand new day, which meant it was the first day of college. "I can't believe today's the day! Oh, there's gonna be so many new faces Cheese! I'm so excited!" I squealed as I got ready for the day. Cheese chewed as he tried fixing his bow tie in front of the mirror. I walked out the door and went into the kitchen to make cereal. I quickly ate it as quickly as I could just as Charmy walked out the door. He seemed to be limping over to me and sat down in the chair in front of me.

"Woah, what happened to you?" I asked. "Don't... ask..." he groaned before reaching for the box of cereal. "Can you hand me a bowl?" I reached back and pulled one out of the cabinets and handed it to him. "Is Tails awake?" "No, last time I checked he was still asleep. Are you off to your classes?" "In a bit! Just let me know if you guys need anything!"

He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "Okay! Don't have too much fun without me!" I smiled. For some reason, he gave me a look before I turned around to put on my shoes. "Okay! We're off! Byeeee!" "Chew!"

Together Cheese and I rolled through the campus on my skates. Everything was so much bigger in person! To think this is my first day of college! Finally, I made it to the main building and allowed the wheels in my shoes to go back in place. I walked inside with Cheese on my shoulder and looked around for the room I was supposed to be in. When we found it, I shyly walked in, looking around the place seeing what kind of students I was going to be dealing with for a while.

A whole bunch of students was in the room. Together we took a seat and opened up our bag and took out whatever we needed. Right as I pulled out a few books, someone sat down next to me. "Well, hello again." I looked over and saw that it was Kai. Cheese chewed to greet him but I must've forgotten how to talk. "Funny seeing you here. I didn't think you had these classes!" he smirked. "Y-Yeah... I-I just thought it'd be better to g-get it over with! Y-Ya know? It's simpler that way!" she stuttered trying to explain herself.

He silently chuckled and scooted closer to me. "Be prepared, this class can get a little boring." he warned and leaned back in his seat. Maybe these classes wouldn't be so bad after all!

Tails' P.O.V

I don't remember much from last night. All I remember was Charmy and I making out before we went to bed. I doubt I want to remember. I got up from bed and got myself ready for the day. My classes were probably going to start soon I hurried up to get ready. That's when I saw Charmy sitting there on the couch peacefully. He was just watching television. I smirked as I walked over and crawled over to his side. I wrapped my arms around him which made him shiver and he eventually melted into me.

"Morning." I sighed happily. "Good morning. How'd you sleep?" he asked. "I slept fine for the most part. Better with you though." I chuckled and kissed his face. "Uh-huh. Don't you have classes in a few minutes?" he asked. That's when I stopped and looked at the time. "Oh god, you're right." I panicked and got up to rush through everything. "Usually I am!" "Cream's better at that though." "Eh, you're not wrong! Just have a good day, I'll try my best to survive!"

Knowing he had my back made me smile. I ran over to give him one more kiss before rushing to the door. "I'll text you eventually!"

The next thing I knew, it was like I just raced into a whole new world! Making it to the building was probably the most nervous thing I had to do. Looking around for any spot, I saw the one closest to the window nearby and sat there. A few others took their seats nearby. It made me a little bit nervous. A lot of them looked like they played sports or at least were in the athletic department. It just made me... insecure. Especially since I used to get bullied by these kinds of people.

Once class started, I felt confident about everything. For once I didn't have to worry about what others thought about me because we were all about trying to learn it. Maybe because in high school everyone wasn't sure what they were doing. I just didn't understand why I was ever a target.

It's almost like the class went fast too. I couldn't believe how well it went. No remarks or anything. As I walked out of the class, I thought I heard some footsteps behind me. When I looked behind me, I realized it was the same group of athletes from earlier. For a minute it freaked me out before they came over and greeted me with friendly smiles. "Ey freshy! You must be new here!" the one who looked like the leader greeted. "Heh! Yeah, I am!" I greeted. "Nice to meet ya! We're all juniors! But we're all really happy to meet you!"

There were five of them. I was surprised they even wanted to talk to me in the first place. "Yo! Those tails are so cool! How do you manage it though?" another one asked. "Oh, you think so? I've always been made fun of for them!" I chuckled nervously. "Dude! Why?! They're so cool! Honestly bro! What's your name anyway?" a third asked.

"Oh, uh, my name's Miles Prower, but surprisingly I go by Tails!" I chuckled. "That's a really good nickname! Hey, we're going to the main hall to study. Would you want to come with us?" the leader asked. I wasn't expecting that at all! "Uh, yeah! Of course!"

They smiled and showed me the way. This first day was going great!

Charmy's P.O.V

It was much later in the day. I had the last of my classes and I was pretty tired. As I walked into the last class of the day, I noticed there were only a couple of others in this one. Which didn't bother me, crowded rooms were the worst. I took a seat at one desk and got my journal out and began doodling.

Right as class was getting into the important notes, I felt something being pushed to my side. It was a note. I put down my pencil and unfolded the letter. "Lol, r u bored?" it said. I looked over to my side and saw there was a girl cat sitting across from me. She waved at me with a smile. I wrote back; "A little ig hah!" She seemed so nice. "My names' Sage, hbu?" "Charmy! R u a freshman?" "Ya! It's so cool right?" "Yeah lol, wanna hang out?" "Uh, duh!"

Just talking to her made this class more bearable. And then, when class ended, I was so happy knowing I made a friend for once. "So, you know anyone else here?" she asked me. "Yeah, I do actually! My friends and I share a place together! You should totally meet them!" I replied excitedly. "Really!? You think they'd like me?" she asked. "Bru, if you and I can get along, I'm 100% sure they can too!" I smiled.

This girl was all smiles. I don't think I've ever seen any of my other friends like this. Well... take that back, Cream smiled this much on the big wedding day! But other than that, never. "Oh, I found this little park place on campus, wanna go do our homework?" she asked.

I looked down at my phone at the time. We don't meet up for another hour anyway. "Sure thing! It'd be nice to get through this homework anyway." I sighed. Together we went off to the park on the campus and tried to finish our studies. She was probably the only one who wanted to actually talk to me and get to know me for who I am.

College really is the place to be!