Princess

Cream's P.O.V

We had a day of exams coming up to get into Junior year. My head hurt after a long day of studying, which allowed me to go outside and get fresh air. On my way out, I saw Cheese sitting on the couch watching tv. "Hey, I'll be outside, let me know if you need something!" I told him as I walked outside the door.

When I walked out onto the front lawn, I saw Kai standing outside. "So, are you too busy?" he asked cheerily. "Oh, Kai! I... I didn't expect you. Did you need something?" I asked him curiously. "If you must know, I was wondering if you wanted to go catch a movie with me?" he asked, walking over to me. "Oh, sure! I'm free! Glad you caught me when you did!" I smiled. "Well then, should we get going?" he asked. "Y-Yeah sure!" He led me around the back yard and he had a bike right around the corner.

I gasped and was awed at it. "You have a motorcycle too?!" I asked excitedly, rushing over to look at it. "Yeah, I do! You have one?" he asked me. "Oh, no! My dad does! He wouldn't ever want me to have my own cause he says it's too dangerous! But, I love bikes! Especially since I've gotten older and can be around mechanics. But why didn't you tell me!" I cheered. "I guess I forgot to tell you about it!" he chuckled. He hopped on the bike and nodded over to me. 

"Hop on," he urged as I jumped up and settled in. "Here, wear this." he added and handed me the helmet. I held onto him as he started his bike and began driving off into the street. He was so handsome! I gripped onto his waist tight enough to make sure I didn't fall to one side. When we made it to the theaters, we went inside and took our seats while eating popcorn.

It turned out to be a romance movie about a Warrior Princess that falls in love with a regular soldier. Which was so much cuter than I thought it was! I don't know if Kai was enjoying this movie as much as I was, but he tried his best to look happy for me.

He put his arm around me and I snuggled closer to him thinking about how sweet he was taking me to the showing in the first place.

An hour and a half later and we left the theater to walk outside. "Oh! I'm so glad you took me! I loved that movie! It was so... beautiful!" I thanked him, smiling as I recalled the final scene of the film. "I mean, it was okay." he replied, giving me a playful smirk. "Okay? Okay!? It was amazing! Who would've known the princess would've actually ended up loving that lower-ranked soldier! His love for her was stronger than anything in this universe!" I cheered.

I heard him chuckled and bring me in closer. "Should I bring you back home?" he asked. I was about to say yes until I thought of something. "No, we're going somewhere special!" I told him, taking him back to his bike. With me by his side, I guided him out towards open lands. He seemed a bit confused but he still took me all the way out here.

Eventually, we stopped at the place I told him where I wanted to go. It was the whole meadow of flowers where my mom used to take me to all the time before she got really sick. He helped me off and walked with me towards the many rows of flowers. "Um, what is this place?" he asked.

A smile formed as I took his hand and picked a flower to give to him. He took it and looked at me confused. "This is the place I used to come to when I was little. With my mom. Before she got really sick, we'd spend hours out here picking flowers or talking to each other. She was the best mom ever." I explained.  "Was?" he asked. I looked down and turned back to face him. "She passed away when I was six."

His face was sympathetic. I knew he didn't mean to bring it up so bluntly. "I'm sorry Cream! I... I had no idea." he apologized. "No! It's okay! I miss talking about her sometimes. I wasn't really sure how to tell you." I sighed. "It's okay. Honestly, I understand how you feel." he replied. "My parents... they died too. When I was about your age. I don't remember them very well at all. But... I do remember that they wanted me to find someone special in life." he said.

I could already tell my cheeks were already turning red. "And... I think I've found someone really special." he smiled. I smiled back and giggled. "You think?" I asked, somewhat embarrassed.

"I know so... Princess."

Princess... He called me Princess! I think I'm cloud 9!

He leaned in, unexpectedly. I pull back, a little surprised about the sudden move. "Oh... I'm sorry. I should've asked..." he replied, somewhat disappointed. I felt bad. I've known Kai forever at this point. I've had feelings. So why am I of all people holding back?!

"C-Cream? You okay?"

This is your only chance!

I leaned back in and kissed him. He jolted back for a second but then kissed me back. The wind blew through our fur, making the fallen flower petals swirl around us. A memory that would always be imprinted in my mind. I never thought I could've met someone so special such as Kai. He truly has a heart of gold. Together we broke the kiss and stared at each other happily. "Cream, I love you." he sighed. "I love you too."

We were official. I couldn't believe it! I wondered what dad might say about this. I hoped if anything, that he wouldn't tell me I was too young.

A few more minutes and he gave me a ride back home. He walked me to the door, making sure nothing bad happened since I was on the doorstep of my home. "Thank you for tonight Kai, I had a lot of fun with you. You've always made me feel special!" I thanked him. "Of course Cream. I'd do anything for you. After all, you've done so much for me than you realize. I'll always be here for you okay?" he promised. I nodded my head as he smoothed a small tuft of fur against my head making it perfect. "Stay safe you hear me?" he added. I kissed his cheek happily, he whimpered playfully and I could see his tail wagging.

"Goodnight princess." he said, kissing my forehead before walking back to his motorcycle and drove away. I smiled, still dazed, and awed by such a wonderful person. That's when I heard the tapping of glass behind me. Surprised, I looked behind me and saw in the window that Cheese, Tails, and Charmy were whistling and giving me faces. My face turned red realizing that they must've seen what occurred.

I walked in with a nervous smile as they walked up to me, their faces still smug from seeing Kai and me loving on each other the way we did. "SOoooooo, how was it?" Tails asked. "H-He was nice. We went to the movies and then to a flower patch." I said bashfully. "ANdddddd?" Charmy questioned. "And we kissed! He asked me to be his girlfriend! There, I said it!" I said, my face redder than a tomato. "Chew chew~" Cheese teased, smiling bigger than the sky.

All of them smiled, more than happy for me. Of course, they knew I liked Kai forever at this point. "We're happy for you! Just let us know if he ever gives you any trouble." Tails reassured me. "Yeah! He seems nice, but I won't ever let my guard down." Charmy added. "Understandable! But he has a good heart! So I'm giving him a chance!" I replied.

"Fair enough! You guys wanna watch a movie?" Charmy asked. We nodded since it was Friday night.

That's our day to hang out no matter what. This time we were all watching an action movie. We enjoyed our bowls of ice cream while watching the intense martial arts scenes.

Our evening was good.

But then my phone rang. We paused the movie and I got up to have some privacy. Turns out, it was Amy calling me. I answered it wondering what was going on. "Hey, Amy! How are you?" I asked her. "O-Oh... I-I've been a little better!" she replied. "What does that mean? Is everything ok? It has been a while since you've called." I wondered. "Well... I normally would be okay... but... I doubt anyone has told you or the others... Eggman..." 

She was quiet. She's never like this. "Amy, what about him? What's wrong?!" She still didn't say anything to me. "AMY! Talk to me!" I shouted.

"Eggman... he's in the hospital..."