Left Out

Charmy's P.O.V

I was sitting there in class, Sage by my side who seemed bored as she tapped a pencil against the desk in front of us. I was texting Tails on the side seeing if he would want to go out on a date with me tonight. But I haven't heard anything from him so far. Hopefully, he'll find time to go out with me this time. He hasn't been able to lately. Mainly because he's hanging out with those Juniors a lot more.

We finished class and then walked out the door and frowned as I looked at the still unread message. "Hey, you okay?" Sage asked me. I sighed and nodded my head as I put my phone in my pocket.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed. "Are you sure? You don't act fine." she questioned. "I am it's just... you remember meeting Tails a few days back?" "Of course I do! He's pretty cool! Who knew what he could do with just toothpicks and watch." she smiled. "Well... we started dating not too long ago and we've never been closer. But at the same time, I feel like he's avoiding me." I explained briefly. "Why do you say that? Did he say or do something?"

After seeing the unread text message one last time, I nodded my head. "He just... doesn't really hang out with me unless he's with me in the dorms. Even Cream's noticed it." I told her. "Well, maybe try to talk to him in person! I'm sure he doesn't mean to hurt your feelings the way he is! You'll be fine!" she promised me. I didn't know what to say other than 'thanks' for her support. I waved goodbye before looking around for Tails. That's when I saw him in the field with those same Juniors who were throwing a football with him.

A smile formed across my face as I walked over towards the group. "Hey! Tails!" I shouted to him. For a second he looked at me with a smile, but it quickly turned sour. He caught the ball and his friends approached him. "Hey T, who's your friend?"

Tails' P.O.V

Oh gosh. What do I do? I haven't come out to them yet! "Uh, this is my friend Charmy! We go way back!" I smiled. They shook his hand and smiled at him. "Nice to meet you! Your friend Tails is really cool! I'm guessing you're a freshman too?" Bryan asked him. "Yeah! It's really cool here! Nice to meet you guys too!" Charmy grinned. Why did he have to come now? I was enjoying myself! "Well, we're going to go off and do some other things. So I'll catch you later!" I said to him and began to walk away.

But I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me back. "I was wondering if we could actually hang out? Since, you know, we haven't in a while!" he asked me, pleading with his eyes.

For some reason, I really didn't want to. Sure, I loved him so much... but... I just didn't wanna lose my friends over him. "Uh, no. I can't! But I'll talk more when I get back! Promise!" I promised him before pulling my friends away. Deep down I felt so bad for doing what I did to someone that loved.

Maybe I should go say something... he looked so upset. Right as I turned around to say something, I saw him glare at me before he turned around to walk away. I told my friends to go ahead and I'd catch up soon. "Charm! Wait!" I cried, but he took one more look at me, his eyes filled with pain, and flew off. Clearly, I hurt his feelings. And I didn't mean to! I just wasn't ready to tell everyone about him.

You didn't have the right to make him feel bad you jerk! I slapped my forehead and went after my friends to go talk with them. Hopefully, he's not too mad...

Cream's P.O.V

Finally! I finished this long essay that was due next week so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Thankfully now I can just sit down and watch something on tv. Cheese was asleep on the couch as I approached him. I smiled and walked over to gently place him on my lap. I turned on the tv and watched the soap drama. I was enjoying myself until I heard the door slam open. It was Charmy.

He looked so upset! "Hey! Charmy, what's wrong?" I asked as Cheese began waking up. Charmy ignored me and slammed the door to his room. I left him alone for a few minutes. When I thought he cooled down, I brought over a plate of grilled cheese and tomato soup to his room. "Charm?" I asked and Cheese knocked on his door. "Is everything okay?" He still didn't do anything. "Is this about Tails?"

He opened the door, tear stains on his face. "Y-Yeah! I don't know what to do!" he cried. I walked into his room where I placed the food on his desk and hugged him. "Shhh. It'll be okay!" I promised to try to calm him down. Cheese whimpered as he hugged him as well. "Tell me what happened." I sighed.

"Well... I was going to talk to Tails about going out tonight since he hasn't been hanging out with me. I found him outside on the campus field. He was throwing the football with those Juniors that he's made friends with recently. I don't know... I just thought he would actually be excited to see me... but he didn't really. It was almost like he wanted me to leave so he could be with his friends... I was crushed. He rejected my date and then began to walk away! What did I do to him?" he questioned, his voice cracking. "Oh don't cry! I'm sure he'll come back to apologize soon. Besides... he loves you. He's still trying to figure it all out."

A few more sniffles and he seemed to be better. Still, I wish Tails hadn't been so mean to him though. "Just do whatcha gotta do! Let me know if you need anything! I'll deal with Tails when he comes back." "Thank you, Cream. You're the best." he sighed and hugged me tightly. "Sure thing! I've gotta clean the dishes but I'll get back to you!" I promised.

Even if he was still upset, he was good at hiding it now. I let him take over the tv and I walked over to the sink and do the dishes.

We're going to have a serious talk when you get back Tails...