Fries and Friends

Cream's P.O.V

All of us made it to the fast-food place called "Munchies" which was right around the corner from the campus. It only had a few people around so we were quick to ahead and order food. "Wow, I've never gone to get food like this on our own." Tails said. "It's so cool! Finally, we get to do our own thing! I'm just glad we get to do it together!" I said, pulling them over to go find a table. An announcement went off saying our order was ready. "I'll go get our food, be right back!" Charmy said happily and went off.

While we waited, I noticed Tails looking over at Charmy. "If you like him all that much, why don't you say something?" I asked. I looked over at his face which was turning red. "But... how do I know our feelings back then weren't a faze? I mean... I love him with all my heart! I just... don't want to lose him." he sighed.

I understood where he was coming from. But I just hope things turned out decent. "Okayyy, if you say so." I replied softly. "Chew chew!" Cheese added. "We're both here if you need help!" I promised him and we turned in a different direction. "Thanks, Cream, I really appreciate it." That's when someone began to turn around and right in front of us. When they collided with me, a cold drink was poured all over my outfit.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" he said right away. "Oh! It's totally okay! Brrr! Are you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine! But I ruined your shirt. Crap, let me get some napkins!" he cried and turned around to grab a few. Tails tried his best to help clean up my shirt that was soaked with soda. "Again I am so sorry! I should've been looking where I was going!" he apologized. "Oh relax! I'll live and nobody's dying!" I reassured.

He smiled a little bit right as Charmy walked over with our food. "Wait what happened?" he asked surprised. "Oh, this guy spilled soda on Cream!" Tails replied. I rolled my eyes playfully but quickly turned around to make sure the guy was fine. "Hey, really. It's okay." I promised him and reached out to touch his cheek. He smiled at me and then looked at me carefully. "Hey, wait a minute, don't I know you from somewhere?" he asked curiously. I looked at him more and thought his face looked really familiar.

That's when it clicked. "I think so. Wait a minute, aren't you... Kai?" I asked trying to remember. "Yep! And your... Cream?" he asked. "Yes! Oh my gosh, it's you!" I giggled. "Yeah, it is! And we meet again like this." he sighed. "To be fair, I crashed into you." I smirked. He smiled softly and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "Well, I have to go. But I really do hope to see you again! And, I'm sorry about your clothes again. If there's a way I can repay you I'd really like to-" "It's fine really! It was great to see you, Kai. Just stay safe!" I reassured him.

Finally, he let it go and walked out the door. I smiled as I waved goodbye to him. Eventually, Charmy had to wave his hand in my face wondering why I was still staring out. "Uh, Cream, you good?" he asked curiously. "Chew chew chew?" Cheese asked me. "Oh um, sorry! I guess I spaced out for a bit! Uh... yeah. You ready to eat?" They nodded and we walked over to a table where no one was sitting.

After distributing our food, we were thinking about our life before becoming so independent.

To be honest, it made me a little sad. We were never going to go back to that life ever again. And I'm curious how our little nieces and nephews were going to hold up back home. This is, after all, the first time we've been away like this. In high school, we barely had to worry about others coming after us. Most everyone liked us for who we were. Not saying we didn't have a few hiccups every now and again.

When we finished our food, we threw away our trash and decided to walk back to our dorm. It was a peaceful night. "Hey, you guys remember that night we had a sleepover on the castle roof and looked up at the stars? We said it was like the best night ever because Tails didn't snore for once?" I asked, looking over at Tails. "Oh come on! I'm not that bad!" Charmy giggled as Cheese chewed. "Ha! So you admit you snore? Took you long enough!" I teased, elbowing him.

"For the record, I'm not a loud snorer! I just... I'm not as quiet as most people would like me to be!" he said in his defense. I smiled at the two of them and held them arm in arm while Cheese said on my head. We made it back home and sat on the couch and decided to watch Friends before going to bed. While we watched, I noticed Tails looking over at Charmy's hand. His emotions showed that he really wanted to hold his hand. But I didn't need my necklace to know that.

Gently I nudged his arm and gave him a look. He looked nervous but I kept pushing him to do something. Cheese and I watched with UwU faces as Tails carefully reached over and put his hand on Charmy's. Me and Cheese were squealing so loudly on the inside. Charmy's expression quickly changed when he noticed the hand. "I'm gonna get ready for bed! You guys have fun!" I smiled before getting up with Cheese at my side.

Together we left and continued to stare out the door. We watched as both were blushing bright red before they began making out on the couch.

I took one photo of them before I dragged Cheese into our room so could sleep.