A Scare Downtown

Cream's P.O.V

It was already around 4:00 when we were going to meet up. I was waiting at the apartment with Cheese who was finishing his studies. "Chew chew!" he cried. "What is it?" When I walked over to his side, I see he was struggling with the problem he was working on. "Here, let me look!" I chuckled and read over the problem. Together we both finished up his work right on time before our dorm door opened.

Tails yawned and stretched as he walked through the door. "Hey, Cream! How are you?" he asked curiously. "I'm pretty good! Today was great! You seem pretty happy!" I smiled. "Well, I have to agree today was perfect! I made some really cool friends with the college jocks! It was so amazing! I don't think you realize how much that means to me! I've never had anyone just want to be my friend!" he smiled. "Uh-huh." I sighed. "Except for you and Charmy! But still! I made friends Cream!" he said, stars in his eyes. "Well, I'm happy for you! Speaking of which, have you ever heard from Charmy?" he said.

Before he could answer me, the door opened up with Charmy flying through the door. I skipped over to give him a hug. "Sooo, tell us, how was your first day!" I asked. "It was great actually! I made a new friend in my last class which was great! She wants to meet you all eventually!" he replied, a small smiled spreading across his face.

"Well that's great! You guys ready to go around the town?" Both nodded. "Let me go get my wallet and I'll be ready!" Tails said and ran off to his room quickly.

We waited a couple of minutes before rushing out the door. The first thing we did was go out to a park. Both of my boys goofed around being their silly selves! Cheese begged me for a few coins so that he could tip a musician on the corner. He was really good! Eventually, they got hungry so we went to a little ice cream shop and got a little treat.

Right as we walked out the door, I felt a ringing in my pocket.

When I pulled it out, I realized it was Shadow trying to call me. I smiled and walked over to an alleyway by myself. "Hey Dad, how are you?" I answered. "I'm great! I just thought I'd check in with you. It's... It's hard getting used to you not being here." he replied. I smiled softly to myself thinking about how it must've been for him to see me go. "We're doing just fine dad! We're out getting ice cream right now." I said playfully.

I heard a small chuckle from him. "As long as you're happy, I think I'll be able to manage." he sighed. We talked a little bit longer about how my day was. How Cooper was managing his new school, how Sonic was doing much better than ever, and how exciting G.U.N was. I heard Cheese, Tails, and Charmy calling for me since I guessed they were ready to go. "Okay! I gotta go, dad!" I giggled. "Aw really?" he whined. "Yeah, I'm sorry! Cheese, Tails, and Charmy are-" I began before looking to my right. That's when I saw two guys walking towards me in the dark. It was making me nervous. "Cream, you there?" Shadow asked. They kept walking towards me, their heads down, and I couldn't really see their faces. "Y-Yeah I-I'm here, sorry. I-I should really go!" I cried, trying to walk away from them.

But the minute I quickened my pace, so did the guys. "I-I'm so sorry to rush things, dad! I really do hope-" I continued. But before I could turn around the corner, one of them grabbed my arm and dragged my arm. I screamed and shouted but one hand went over my mouth. I dropped my phone and tried my best to wriggle out of their grasp.

"Cream? Cream! Cream are you okay?!" I heard him ask as the two guys tried to tie my hands together. I bit down harder on one of their hands. He yelped and I shouted for Tails, Cheese, and Charmy to come. "Hey, I think I heard Cream! Come on!" Tails told him. I pushed the one guy off and tripped. There was no escape, the other guy picked me up and tried to throw me other his shoulder. I hit him repeatedly along his back and once across his head.

But he hit a certain part on my back and I went completely limp. I couldn't do anything else.

Kai's P.O.V

A cigarette was lightly lit in my hand. I know it's bad for you, trust me. I do. But I didn't know how else to cope with my depression. And I don't feel like seeking out help. I leaned against the brick wall, staring up at the moon that shone brightly on this summer night. After one last breath, I threw it on the ground and crushed it.

The walk home wasn't too far. I lived in a safe house not too far. Except, there was something odd about tonight. My ears kept flicking after hearing some noise in the distance. It sounded like... screaming.

"Help!" one shout went. I ran towards the sound and I couldn't hear it anymore.

Must be going this way. I thought. I went into another alleyway and looked around. That's when I saw a group carrying a girl on their back. "Alright Alright! Keep her steady! I'll try to tie her! You ask someone about a buyer!" one guy said. "Whatever. Just keep her quiet!" the other snapped. I knew I had to do something or this girl could die. I pulled out my blade and walked over to them. "Hey! Leave her alone!" I shouted. They looked up and drew their own knives.

"Leave. While you can." he growled. "Not until you hand her over!" They still wouldn't listen. The girl seemed a little dizzy and disoriented. I knew at this moment I couldn't leave her.

A few punches and kicks were all it took. These jokers weren't anything that they claimed to be. I kicked the last one who groaned in pain and wiped my barely cut lip. My attention then turned to the girl.

And my heart almost leaped out of my chest when I realized who it was. "Cream! Cream are you okay!?" I cried, trying to wake her up. After a few more pats on her face and shoulder, she came around. Her amber eyes looking at me in relief. "K-Kai?" she asked. "Yeah, it's me! Oh gosh, you scared me!" I lifted her up gently and I felt her wrap her arms around me in relief. "Thank you for saving me." For some reason, her hold made my tail wag, and then it gently stroked her. I heard footsteps coming our way which made me lookup. "Cream!"

It was her friends. I helped her up as they rushed over to see how she was doing. As they talked to her, I knew I should probably get going.

Hopefully... I'd get to see her soon.

Sorry for the slow updates guys! Like I've said, I'm trying to enjoy my summer, and I keep running into writer's block for this one too -w-
But I swear I'm trying my best! XD