Sweetness

~ A few weeks later ~

Kai's P.O.V

I woke up around ten after opening up my eyes in bed. I stretched out and sat up. Looking to my side I didn't see Cream on her side. I yawned while standing up to head into the main part of our apartment. There was a scent of sweetness in the air that was so great. My tail wagged as I tried to sniff out the place where it was coming from. It didn't seem familiar the closer I got to whatever it was. "Cream?" I asked.

Coming into the living area, she was folding clothes from a laundry basket. "Hey, how are you?" I greeted coming down to hug and kiss her. "Hey! I didn't want to wake you up! I know it was your turn to do laundry, but you've been so busy! It was your first morning to sleep in!" she told me. "Oh Cream! Stop that silly nonsense because I would've gladly done that!" I told her. Cream giggled as I gently pulled her in. Just as I nuzzled her, that strong scent came back.

Reminded me of sugar and sweet milk. "Were you baking?" I asked curiously. "No! Butttttt, I am in the mood for pancakes! With chocolate chips, blueberries, whip cream, and bananas! Pleaseee!" she begged. I laughed. "Alright, alright, I've got you. Lemme make breakfast." When I got up I went inside the kitchen to start making pancakes. For the longest time, I spent making them the way she likes them. Finally, she came into the kitchen after I finished preparing them.

"Oh my gosh that smells great!" she cried and dug into the meal I made. "Oh- Uh, help yourself." I said, watching her scarf it down. "Dang, that's probably the second time I've seen you like you were starving," I said. She giggled and threw herself into my arms. "I promise I'm not! My appetite's been up lately. Now I'll be right back!" she told me and walked to the bathroom. "If you say so." I sighed.

She went inside and stayed there forever. I wondered if she was getting sick from all of this. In fact, she hadn't been like herself for a while since last week. I headed towards the couch to take an early nap. Hopefully Cream was doing okay.

Cream's P.O.V

I breathed heavily looking at the results of my pregnancy test. I had two stripes that indicated what I had suspected. I only worried about what Kai would think. But it's not like I could hide this from him. Obviously, he's already caught on with me smelling sweet. You have to tell him! Kai'll understand. Maybe he'll understand. I hope... I had a brief moment before heading out the door. When I went out, he wasn't in the kitchen.

Probably because I was taking so long. I looked around our apartment and found him asleep on the couch snoring. He's been so tired lately, working so hard. I felt bad when I moved his head on my lap to gently wake him up.

Gradually he stirred and turned around to look at me better. "Oh, you're back! You okay?" he asked. I sighed and continued to touch his fur. "I hate waking you up but... I have something pretty important to tell you." I told him. He sat up looking at me seriously. "What is it? Did I do something? Are you okay? Did something happen? Please tell me you're not really sick!" he cried hanging onto me. "Hey! Easy! I'm fine. But I need you to listen to me," I pleaded. He nodded, looking me in the eyes.

"The reason I was in the bathroom much longer than usual... I know I've been feeling different and I decided to take a test. A pregnancy test. I wanted to be sure I wasn't imagining things. You kept saying I smelled sweet all the time. If you were saying that, I figured there was more to them. So... I took the test... and..." I sighed, handing him my test. He was confused and looked at it closely.

His eyes widened in surprise as he looked at my positive results. Then Kai stared at me in surprise. "I-I know we never discussed family life! Which is why I was nervous! Please, Kai, I can't do this on my own!" I cried out not giving him a minute to talk. "C-Calm down Cream! I'm not mad. I... I'm shocked. But also... relieved!" he gasped. "This is amazing! I can't believe it! We're gonna be parents!" he cheered.

I smiled in relief and let him put his head close to my stomach. "I knew I wasn't imagining!" he gasped holding his ear so close. "Well, I'm going to have to get checked by the doctors. Which, I've booked an appointment for today. Mainly because I must've been having my own suspicions. Do  you want to come?" Quickly he nodded his head and suddenly ran off. "Kai! Where are you going?!" I cried. He rushed back with a bag. "Alright, I'm ready when you are." I rolled my eyes and pulled him back down on the couch so he could hear my baby's heartbeat. "Oh, my gosh Cream... It's so real..."

~ A couple of hours later ~

Kai's P.O.V

I watched as Cream laid down on my nursing table as we waited for the doctors and nurses to return with all the supplies. She seemed impatient and moody looking at them. I tried my best to calm her down since I didn't need her stressed with a baby. Eventually, they came back and into the room where we were staying. "Good afternoon you two! Well, your blood results just came in, you are definitely pregnant. Apparently, you have been for 3 weeks." he began.

The nurse went over to Cream and put gel across her exposed stomach making her shiver. They then turned on the machine. "Alright! Let's see this baby and get you guys an ultrasound!" she said and put a stick against Cream's stomach. She held my hand as we waited to hear from them. I barely looked at the screen but decided to wait. A few seconds later, I heard the doctor and nurse whispering with each other.

It made me a bit annoyed they weren't talking to us about it. Largely since I figured if it was serious enough that they'd be whispering.

"Well! It appears you two are going to have more than one baby!" the doctor said. Cream and I exchanged a glance. "You mean... We're having twins?" Cream asked. The nurse gave a calm giggle and carefully rotated the screen. "Nope! But close! You guys are having triplets!" she cheered. The screen revealed three little things that looked like holes and then little bumps in the middle. Our kids barely shifted as the nurse looked at them as a whole. I fainted in the hospital room for a minute as Cream scolded me.

When I came to grips with everything that happened, the doctor and nurses scheduled appointments with Cream and gave her tons of things to know what to do while she had her babies growing. Together we left the hospital and made it back home where I began rearranging everything inside the house. "Kai, what are you doing?" Cream asked worriedly. "I'm trying to make this apartment safer! With three kids on the way, I'm not taking chances!" I said.

Cream walked over, gently grabbing my arm. "Kai, please. I'm fine! Will you relax! This apartment is fine! I know with three kids coming we're going to have our hands full, but I need you to be there for us. For them! You're scared, but I know I'm about to be more paranoid than ever! We have each other Kai. Let's get through this together." she told me. I sighed heavily and pulled her in to kiss her passionately.

I was gonna take care of her and prepare us to have three beautiful kids. "I'm going to be with you every step of the way Cream, don't worry. Every single step of the way, I'm so excited!"