Farewell Dear Friend

Cream's P.O.V

I dropped my phone in shock. Cheese, Tails, and Charmy heard it fall and got up from the sofa. "Cream, you okay?" Tails asked. I struggled to stand up. The news was a surprise. Finally, I began to collapse. "Cream!" Charmy cried. Both ran over to try to prevent me from collapsing. "Chew chew!" Cheese cried. "Cream, what happened?!" they asked me. I didn't have the strength to say anything. 

"Cream! Cream!" they shouted. I overheard them picking up the phone I dropped and talked with Amy. I snapped out of my shock and stood up. Apparently, Eggman had a heart attack.

But because of the aftermath and how old he is, they don't know how much longer he has. All four of us got in the car and drove as fast as we could to the hospital he was in. I tried to hold it together, only because he didn't deserve this.

I looked over at Cheese who's face was stained with tear stains. We held each other's hands as we finally made it to the hospital. We kept asking questions left and right to the person at the front desk who directed us to the rest of our family who waited in front of a room. Shadow greeted me with open arms as I sobbed into him. "Shhh. It's going to be okay." he reassured.

Everyone else comforted Tails and Charmy who were trying not to be sad. My little nieces and nephews looked over at me, their eyes were glistening. "Cream... is grandpa Eggman gonna be okay?" Spirit asked me. "How come we can't see him?" Bella cried. "I... I don't know! None of us have seen him either. This... This can't be real!" I cried, walking back and forth between the halls. I struggled to keep it together. Cheese kept trying to comfort me. But everything was going so wrong.

Since we had already been for more than an hour, I was more than exhausted. Eventually, I went outside to get a breath of fresh air. We still haven't heard anything new. I was so depressed and upset. I called Kai once to see if he would answer. He didn't. Maybe he missed it. I called again. No answer. I tried again. No. Answer... And I couldn't help but be so mad at him. I threw my phone across the parking lot and frowned. "Who needs you anyway!" I shouted, probably looking insane for yelling at a phone halfway across the parking lot. I sat down and cried once more. Where was he!

This isn't fair! Grandpa's sick, we don't know what's going on, and now the one person that I need is suddenly too busy! As I was sat there all alone, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up.

"Dad?"

Shadow stood above me and looked at me softly. He held his arms out and I embraced his hug that comforted me so much. "We're going to get through this." he promised. "Has the d-doctor said a-anything?" I asked. "He should be waking up soon... but... he probably won't have much time after that."

Despite what he had done in the past, Eggman didn't deserve this. When he loosened his hold around me, he looked across the street and walked towards my cell that I threw. "Is everything okay?" he asked, handing me my scratched-up phone. "Y-Yeah... I'm fine." I sighed. "Cream. It's written all over your face. Talk to me. I'm just as upset as you are right now. But... there seems to be more that I'm not getting." he questioned further. I took a deep breath and looked down at the ground. "I... I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure how you were gonna react. But... I started dating Kai... he's so sweet! He's... He's everything I could've asked for..." I sighed.

I felt Shadow put both hands on my shoulders. "But?" he wondered. I tried to hold it together before crying into him. I can't hide it anymore...

Shadow's P.O.V

What did this stupid wolf do to my daughter? I've never seen her like this before. Well... other than when her mother passed away... But... what happened... "Cream? C'mon talk to me!" I pleaded. "Well... it's gonna sound stupid..." "Cream... you're my daughter. I'm gonna be here to listen to you."