Nice To See You Again

Cream's P.O.V

I had passed out. I didn't know what had happened. But I didn't want to wake up. Except, I felt something tickling my nose. I sneezed once. It didn't go away. I snapped my eyes open to see what was going on.

I had woken up in the flower patch I had come to visit so many times before. I teared up remembering the many times I came here to see my mother on the most difficult days. Or maybe even the happiest days. Why can't my mind and the world stop playing these cruel tricks? Didn't I deserve my own peace? Or would I forever suffer in this world? I don't know. I looked around.

There was no one around. "Hello?" I said aloud. "Hello." I snapped my head around and saw my mom standing there behind me. "It's been a while! Where on earth have you been?" she giggled. I choked up seeing her. I got up on my feet as fast as I possibly could. I hugged her tighter than I ever have before. I felt her arms wrap around me as I hugged her tighter and tighter. "Now don't be all tough! I understand you're sad..." she sighed.

Tears began to prick at my eyes. "I don't want to be like this anymore!" I cried clinging onto her. I felt her hand touch my cheek, tears barely coming out of her eyes. "Please! I must be doing something wrong to keep losing everyone around me! Tell me what it is!" I cried. "Oh Cream... calm down honey..." she soothed. I hardly listened to anyone. But her words made me fall in her arms like a little kid looking for comfort. Which it feels like I never seemed to receive when I needed it the most.

"Are they disappointed in me?" I asked. She started to open her mouth before looking down. "Are you disappointed in me?" I asked quietly. Quickly she snapped her head up and shook her head. "Oh gosh no! Cream I could never be! You're my pride and joy. I know things seem to be taking a turn for the worse. But it's never forever! Do you trust me?" she asked me. "Oh mom... of course I do! But... why does it hurt so much?" I asked her.

She sighed and shook her head.

"Unfortunately Cream... I don't have all the answers even in death. Besides... not all that is good is lost! Look around you! Cheese! The Chao that's been there since the day you were born! He's a clever Chao! He'll always need you of everyone in our family. You have your amazing father, Shadow! He loves you with all his heart! You should've seen him the evening he left you all. There were tears for everyone that day. Your two best friends, Tails and Charmy. They can't do any of this alone. They need you because you're the glue that knows how to keep it together. And what about your nieces and nephews? And your baby brother Cooper? They look to you for guidance Cream! What will they do when they see you accomplish big things? So many amazing things are coming for you! I know this hurts... and it probably always will. But one thing I do know... it always gets better." she explained to me.

I looked up at her happily, some sense of relief washing over me. "Thanks... I just wish I could tell Eggman I cared..." I sighed. I heard her giggle. "About that!" she said, turning around. There to my disbelief. He stood not too far from either of us. He was no longer so old... he wasn't in pain... and... he was smiling. The biggest smile I've ever seen him give. "Eggman..?" I said, my voice no louder than a whisper. "Good to see ya too! I was wondering when I'd get here. Why didn't you tell me it was so colorful?" he replied, turning towards my mother.

"Oops! My mistake! I had trouble myself coming here! I should've waited by the gates!" my mom replied. "Well, at least now I can spend the rest of my spiritual days with Vanilla the Rabbit, the kindest rabbit of all time!" he smiled. "Grandpa..." I said again. "Oh! Cream! My, my, you have grown! It's hard to believe... feels like just yesterday you were a tiny little rabbit..." he sighed. I immediately embraced him in a hug.

I felt him barely jolt in place. But he hugged me back. "Please... don't go..." I cried. "Now Cream... you know as well as I do that I can't. No matter how much I wanted to..." he replied, a weak smile on his face.

"But you didn't deserve this..." I sobbed. "No one said I did. My time was coming way long before that day at the hospital. Except, you forgot one thing that I told you long back. Remember what I said about that day. I'm sad I won't be there for the good times... however, I'm pleased that you all gave me a chance to be there for you guys. To make memories that I cherish now. I know it'll be a while before any of you get to see us again. But I want you to know that none of this was your fault. My time was approaching long ago as I said. All I'm grateful for... is that you were there to brighten my life."

His words made me smile brightly. I couldn't believe everything I've been through and I didn't even stop to think about how they were doing. "I love you both. I know I can't stay... I'll miss you..." I sighed. "We know. Except, we'll see you soon!" mom reassured. "Watch over our family..." Eggman added. With one last smile, I watched as the vision I had faded away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I snapped awake and looked around me. I quickly sat up wondering where I was. After taking a minute, I realized I was in my old room. I was at Dad's again. Just as I relaxed, the door opened up. "Oh... Cream! You're awake." Rouge replied. "Yeah... I am... What happened?" I asked. Calmly she left the door cracked and she walked over carefully towards me before sitting down.

"Well... we were at the graveyard. Before we even put the casket in the ground, you started crying and losing your breath. Shadow almost freaked out... he was worried you were going to die yourself with the way you were handling everything. But... I know it's hard. After all... we were all out there. You passed out after one point. Half of everyone decided to come back here to look after you until you woke up. Everyone else buried Eggman. But I guessed it must've just been too much. I'm sorry if it feels like no one understood..." she explained.

"That bad huh?"
"Yeah... I guess."

Both of us sat there, none of it awkward. But she was more upset than I was. "Is he okay now?" I asked. "He will be now that you're okay." she responded happily. I smiled faintly and leaned against her shoulder. "Thank you for being there for me." I sighed. She returned the smile I gave her and hugged me gently. "Only for you hun."