Not Mad, Just Disappointed

Tails' P.O.V

I didn't get home till later in the evening, making it to the door. I was nervous walking to the door. But... if I was going to make it up to Charmy, I needed to face it. When I walked inside the dorm, it was dark and I could barely see anything.

My hands finally found the light switch which I then flipped up. "You're home later." I jumped up in surprise and gasped in relief realizing it was Cream sitting on the sofa. "How long were you sitting there?" I asked stunned. "Not too long, I made it dark once I heard you coming up the dorm stairs." she replied. I sighed and rubbed the back of my head. "So... Why are you still up? It's late you know." I asked.

"Charmy came to the house crying. He said you ignored him... again. I don't like being mad at either of you, let alone anyone, but you hurt my friend! Why would you do such a thing!?"

A moment of silence that went between us made me uncomfortable, but I knew she was trying to get her point across. And I truly felt bad about what I had done. "I am sorry... I just... I wasn't ready to come out to my new friends yet. Besides, he was sort of bothering me. How was I supposed to tell him at the time? Cut me some slack..." I sighed. "No! Charmy is someone with feelings! Just because you don't wanna lose your fancy friends, doesn't give you the excuse to be a jerk to your boyfriend! Now go and apologize to him!" she snapped and pointed to his room. I felt a tear form in my eye, realizing I disappointed her.

I walked up to the room and knocked on his door. I didn't get a response. I knocked again and this time the door cracked open. "What do you want?" he asked, annoyed at me. "C-Can... Can I come in?" He rolled his eyes and let me inside. I turned on a little lamp near us which caused him to look away from me quickly. "Look, I'm sorry okay? I just... I wasn't ready to tell them about us yet. Please forgive me... I didn't want to hurt you." I apologized.

His back was still to me, I could hear sniffles coming from him. "Charm?" I asked, reaching over to touch his shoulder. "Am I not important to you anymore?" he cried. "What? Of course, you are! Don't think you aren't!" I reassured. But... I could tell I didn't convince him. "Just get out..." he pleaded. "Charmy... c'mon! I mean it!" I cried. "GET OUT!" he shouted and pushed me. I felt my lip quiver and I walked out of the room. I heard the door slam behind me as sobs were heard.

Did I really hurt his feelings that bad? I mean... he's always been sensitive... Stop being so insensitive! He has the right to be mad! I don't want him to hate me... but I think he does. I should give him some space.

Charmy's P.O.V

I wish I didn't kick him out right away. He hurt me though so maybe he deserved it. Was I even important to him? I doubted it. Maybe because we are so different is the reason he doesn't want to be with me. After all... who would want to be caught with some loser? I picked up my phone and called Vector. Hopefully, he's still up. But then again... he's usually awake all night. "Hey! Charmy! How's it going?" I heard him say cheerily. "U-Uh, hey! Vector! Uh- it's great!"

Except, I didn't sound like I was convincing myself. "Charmy... is something wrong?" he asked, clearly hearing my voice crack. "W-Well... n-not really." I cried at last. "Talk to me! What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?" 

"Um... sort of..." "Who?" "Well... you remember how I told you about me and Tails dating?" "Yeah. Of course! Is everything okay?" I sniffed and wiped my eye. "I think... I think he hates me! I just got mad at him because he didn't want to go out with me on a date tonight. I threw him out of my room after he tried to apologize! I was mad and upset Vector! I saw how you and Espio would fight! I don't wanna lose him! What if he doesn't wanna be with me anymore?!" I sobbed.

For a few minutes, I sobbed as he probably sat there quietly on the phone. "Charmy, come outside." he said in response. I was confused but I walked outside of our dorm and saw Vector standing outside with a bag of food in his hand. "VECTOR!" I cheered as I ran down, forgetting to hang up the phone, and gave him the biggest hug ever. "Hey buddy!" he chuckled, hugging me. He brought over a milkshake and fries to help me feel better. I was so grateful that he came. We ate everything there and then looked up at the sky. "I remember you would throw fits when you were little. You were sad and no one could get you to calm down. But, every time you were sad, I brought you somewhere I knew you would feel calm and relaxed. Then I would give you some sort of treat, just to see you smile. I'll do that as many as you need, ya hear me?" he smiled.

I chuckled and smiled. "Well... thanks Vector. It's helped more than you realize. I know you didn't have to come out all the way here just to give some french fries." I replied happily. "Oh, trust me I know I didn't. But you're just as much as my kid as the rest of my kids. Espio would vouch for that too. Now... about you and Tails?" he said, before turning around to talk about the other issues. "I mean... we get along fine... but... he's been finding excuses to avoid me lately... Did I do something?" I asked him.

"No, you probably didn't. Maybe he's just insecure about revealing you to the world. Why he's ashamed of showing you, I have no idea. But he shouldn't. And if that continues, you know it's time to drop that fox." he answered boldly. "Am I good enough for him?" I asked him, wondering what to do.

"You're more than enough Charmy. Just know what you want in life, what you're willing to settle for, and know when you're truly in love with someone. If there's anything Espio taught me, you have to see what's right in front of you to know what you're looking for. So just hang in there for me, okay?"

I smiled and enjoyed one last hug from him. I looked behind me at my door. There stood Tails, sad but tried to smile when I looked at his face. I looked down and back to Vector. "Well, go on. I'm not gonna tell you what to do. But I will tell you if you're ever wasting your time. Take it easy." he replied. I nodded my head and walked over to Tails who hugged me when I got close enough. "I'm sorry..." he apologized, trying to comfort me. "It's okay..." Vector apparently walked up the stairs and looked at Tails.

"Go inside Charm." he told me. I didn't want to start anything so I walked inside and stayed close to the door. It was quiet until I heard a thud on the door. "Listen here you fox. I don't care if you're friends with Sonic, Knuckles, or Espio himself. I'll do anything to make sure Charmy is in good hands. I don't care what his feelings are towards you. If I have to drag you through the mud and back to prove a point I will. Got it?" I heard him warn.

I then heard what sounded like a whimper. "Good. Now get back in there, treat him like you actually care about him, go to sleep, and pray that I don't strangle you like this again." Before I knew it, Tails came inside frantically just as Vector started up his truck and rode away.

When he was gone, he pulled me in and kissed me. "I mean it when I say I'm sorry. I won't ever do that again. But... I'm not ready to tell everyone about us, or myself. I should've just been straightforward except I wasn't sure how to have the conversation with you. I love you, Charmy. I hope you realize that. I'm really, really, really sorry." I replied. I sighed and hugged my lover back and I kissed him once more. "I understand. I love you too. C'mon, you must be tired! Let's head to sleep!" I reassured him.

He smiled and chuckled as I took him to my room.  "C'mere." he smirked and pulled me in for one more kiss as I shut the door.