Another Day

Cream's P.O.V

It was right after my classes that I decided to go downtown and look for some new clothes. There wasn't much that I was really looking for. I just knew what I wanted. There were some really cute tops with some bright colors! I've just never been able to find stuff on my own. So this was a great change! There was a lot of stuff that was exactly my style. Another rack of clothes and I had just what I needed. I paid for my items and then walked out the door.

That's when I decided to go to the cafe to get a smoothie. I stood in line waiting for my turn, already knowing what I was getting. I was looking down at my phone right as it was ready to give whoever it was my order. "Hello there! What can get for you today?" "Hello! I would like a-" But before I could give my order, I noticed they look familiar. "Kai?" I asked. I saw him smile softly and dip his head. "Hey, I keep bumping into you everywhere! Do you miss me?" he chuckled. I giggled myself seeing that he had we had found each other again.

"I never got the chance to thank you, Kai. I know... I know you didn't have to do what you did the past week." I smiled, tucking a tuft fur against my head. He smiled and nodded his head. "I... I couldn't just let them hurt you. I'm just glad you're okay." he reassured. "Would you like to... go somewhere sometime?" I asked shyly.

His cheeks turned red and he seemed lost. "Uh... yeah! I would love to! My shift ends in fifteen. Would you wanna run off then?" he asked. "Sure, I would love to! I'll be over there." I smiled and just waited at the table. It didn't seem long before he was done that he joined me. Together we talked about our lives, our families, and just things that happened before we came over to college. In fact, everything about him was great. The kind of guy I hoped dad would approve of!

Then we got up to leave the place and go off to walk around town.

"So, you've got a huge family I see?" "Yeah! I do! They've taken care of me since I was little. They're the best family I could ever ask for. Its same thing for my best friends! We've had to have each other after so much that's happened over the years! This is them!" "Oh cool! So who's who?" "The bee is Charmy, Tails is the fox, and Cheese is my little Chao friend in the top!" "Man, it must be nice to have a family..." "Is everything okay?"

I heard him sigh and nod his head. "Yeah! For sure! I just... have a lot on my mind! But don't worry about me. So, you've got tons of nieces and nephews?" he asked. "Yes! But honestly, I love taking care of them! I can't think of anything better than actually taking care of them." I explained. "How do you think they're doing so far?" he asked me. "Oh, I'm sure they're just fine!"

Cooper's P.O.V

Boring. Boring. Boring. I hate math class. This teacher is mean and she never lets us do anything here. I'm just glad I have my cousins. Otherwise, this whole class would be a nightmare.  "Cooper, please pay attention!" the teacher snapped at me. I rolled my eyes and looked ahead at the problems. When the bell rang, I was the first one to leave the room and go outside where everyone went for lunch. "Cooper, you left us behind!" Belle whined. "I'm sorry! I just can't stand math okay!" I snapped. "You don't even pay attention." Hunter replied.

"Sure okay. Whatever..." I sighed. "Couldn't you have at least tried to do something in that class?" Crystal asked me. "I would if the math and anything in her teaching was interesting!"

"I'm sure there's something you'll like if you keep trying!" Finn reassured me. But I didn't really believe him. Nothing changes in that world. Not even the teacher and other kids would even treat me nicely.

I tried to distract myself with a chili dog that my papa packed me for lunch. It cheered me up just a little bit. But honestly I wasn't sure to think. I hated school and I was mad at dad for making me go. Everyone made me feel different. They said dad was someone that shouldn't always be trusted. So I often only have my cousins. Which I wish I had more. "C'mon Cooper! We have science next!" Spirit told me holding her hand out. "Alright. I'm coming!" I reassured and chased after her.

But I couldn't wait to get back home to just be home with my family. At least I could be there with someone who cared.

Sorry it's short! I swear I'm trying my best!!! Love y'all!