Making Up For Mistakes

Cream's P.O.V

I looked over and saw that Tails was with this other cat who was flirting with him. I realized what might've happened and patted Charmy's back. "Sage, stay here with Charmy. Kai, let's go get Tails..." I sighed and he walked behind me. Together we approached the scene and everyone was looking at it. Bryan and Grayson looked at us surprised. "Oh! Cream! What's up with that Charmy dude? He got so aggressive over Tails being with that dude over there!" Bryan questioned.

I sighed again and motioned for Kai to go pick up Tails from the couch. "NoO! It'S tOo eArly..." Tails cried but didn't resist Kai. "Hey! Put him down!" the cat shouted. All Kai had to do was a snarl and the cat backed away. "Woah Woah! Why can't Tails just hang out with this dude! It's his life!" Grayson cried. "Look... Tails didn't want you to know yet... but he likes guys. And... he's dating Charmy. So he was worried about tonight. He'll be heartbroken when Sage and I tell him about this night... Anyways... thanks for the party invite..." I explained and together, Kai and I walked straight out of the house with Sage and Charmy.

We put Tails all the way in the back of the van, allowing him to have the whole backseat closest to the trunk. Kai buckled up in the driver's seat and I took shotgun. Sage and Charmy sat in the back behind us. She managed to find some paper towels to put up against his cheek to slow down the bleeding.

But Charmy couldn't stop crying. He was so upset about everything. The whole drive home was "quiet". I didn't know what to think about the whole ordeal.

Not that Tails' was helping at all. "OlD McdOnald hAd a FaRM! Ee i ee I OHH!!!! AnD ON tHis farM he had a COW! eE i Ee IIIIIII- OhH!" I mentally facepalmed at his actions. I could hear Charmy hiccup from the backseat. Sage could be heard comforting him softly. Kai placed his hand near mine. I took it and sighed. "Thanks... I'm so sorry Kai... I didn't think it'd turn out like this..." I told him. "Hey, I'm here for you. Through whatever might be thrown at us. I've got you. I love you." he reassured me. I smiled and rubbed his hand with my thumb. "I love you too." I smiled.

Once again the mood was ruined. "If yOU're hAppY aNd you KnoW it ClAP yOuR hAnDs!" Tails shouted which was then followed by a series of claps. He just laughed all the way home. Even as we pulled into the driveway, he was bursting out with laughter and teased Kai by poking his face. "You'RE cUtE!" he said. I rolled my eyes as Kai took him back to his room and left him on the bed. I heard Tails immediately snore and start to fall asleep. Sage finally patched up Charmy's cheek. But right after she was done he shut himself in his bedroom.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Sage asked. "I'll talk in the morning with them. I'm sure they'll figure it out. But... I don't know." I told her. She nodded her head and sighed. "Well, I should let you guys sleep. Thanks for giving me a ride home!" Sage said, heading for the door. We nodded and she went to her home just two doors down from us.

Now it was just me and Kai in our room where I laid next to him in bed. He opened his arms and I cuddled into his arms. "Don't worry Cream. It'll get better!"

"Oh Kai I don't know... The last time they got into it they weren't sure if it would end well!"

"Have a little faith! I mean... look at us! We didn't think we would get better. Yet I have you by my side every single night now. We'll talk to them in the morning. I'm sure it'll get better!" he promised me. "You always know just what to say!" I sighed, rubbing his bulky arm. I kissed his nose as he gently shook out his black fur. He ruffled my hair and kissed my head. "I love you. Get some sleep." he told me. "Love you too!"

~ Next Morning ~

Tails' P.O.V

I woke up with the worst headache I could ask for. I sat up in bed still in the clothes I wore from the party last night. After taking a minute to think, I got up and walked into the kitchen. There I saw a glass of water placed on the counter with two pills. Beside it was a note.

If Cream asks, I went on a jog. Take them, you probably have a hangover. Be back around ten. -K

Well, at least he knew something about what happened to me last night. I groaned as I took the water and the pills. When I did, I heard the door open and Charmy walked on into the kitchen. "Babe! Good morning!" I greeted, my headache fading. I went up to hug him. I then noticed a bandage across his cheek. "Oh my gosh... Charm what happened!?" But instead, he pushed me away. "Stop!" he snapped. "W-What? Why what's wrong?" I asked confused. "You seriously don't remember?!" he exclaimed.

Now I was hurt and confused. "C-Charm... I don't! I'm sorry!" I cried. "The party! Last night! You can't recall anything?" he asked angrily. I thought for a minute. "I had a ton of drinks... I remember goofing off with Bryan and the others... And then I remember bumping into you and kissing you... Did I say something?"

His face only turned sour. "Wow... I can't believe you..." he snapped. "C-Charmy just tell me what I did!" I begged. "YOU KISSED SOMEONE ELSE OKAY!?" My ears were pinned against my skull. Suddenly he just broke down at my feet. So many thoughts ran through my head as I thought about what he told me. I sat next to him and tried my best to calm him down. "Charmy... I'm so sorry... I didn't know I had so much to drink... and if I had known I had kissed someone else-"

"Oh that's not what hurts me!" he interrupted. "Then talk to me..." I pleaded. He wiped his face and held onto me. "You said you only dated winners..." he sniffed. I huffed and made him look at me. "I knew you were drunk, Bryan told me. But... I just thought you would've thought twice before taking a drink!" he cried.

My guilt was too much to bear. I held him close and tried my best to calm him down.  "Charmy... I had no idea! I swear to god! I shouldn't have drunk so much! I'm sorry I wasn't by your side! I'm sorry I kissed someone else! I'm the worst boyfriend ever... I know nothing I say can make up for it... But... I am sorry! You have to believe me!" I pleaded. He sniffed and looked at me. "I do... I knew you were drunk Tails...  But... I struggle to believe you actually care and cherish me." he cried.

I held his face in my hands and smiled at him. "Charmy, you and I have known each other since we were six! We were young when we first discovered our love for each other. Even now we're still trying to discover our own path with our relationship. I've made a lot of mistakes that I'm surprised that you've even forgiven me for. I don't know why you would. Yet we're here. I beat myself up because deep down I know you deserve so much better..." I told him, tears falling down my cheeks.

He nuzzled into me. I kept sobbing and he kept clinging onto me. "Tails... I know you make mistakes... I just want you to really appreciate me... That's all I've ever wanted from the start!" he told me. "I swear to you... no more hiding you... No more sneaking around on campus to see you... No more secret dates... No more being scared of the world around us... I'm going to take care of you like never before..." he told me.

Charmy's wings buzzed lightly and I felt his lips meet mine. "I love you, Tails." he told me. I choked back sobs and hiccups. I hugged him tightly, refusing to let go. He tried calming me down but I was too emotional from his forgiveness. I picked him up gently and we sat on the couch in our dorm. We exchanged small kisses and cheesy words. I remembered what Vector had warned me about. Treat him like you truly care Tails... if you mess up again... it's all over...