The Room In Her Dreams

Jess's POV:

Was I really ready..?

Yes.. I had to be. We didn't travel all this way for me to turn back now. As much as my gut wanted me to..

I took a deep breath as we walked up to the second floor.

Apartment 211, Courtmen Drive..

That was the only thought swirling and ringing in my brain. It wouldn't take long to get to 211...

That's when a familiar, deep, yet kind voice yelled at us from behind, calling my name.

Wait...

"Jess!"

That sounds familiar.

"Jess!!!"

Way too familiar...

"JESS!"

I turned around and my heart skipped a beat.

"Josh!"

I ran down the stairs and jumped into his arms, smelling his strong, sweet cologne emanating from his clothes.

He hugged me tight as I quietly, but joyfully cried into his shoulder. How he even found the address, I didn't know. All I knew was I missed him way too much and that's all that mattered in that moment.

He put his head on mine as he whispered, "I was so worried about you."

I said nothing as I felt a tear stream down my rosy cheek.

He quickly wiped it away with his slim finger and hugged me again.

"I'm sorry, I'm-"

"Jess, it's okay. I'm not mad. But it was very, very rash for you to do this. Not that you needed permission from me, cause you're your own woman, but I wanted to be here."

"I know.. I- I'm sorry.."

He pulled away, his dark eyes meeting mine.

"It's gonna be okay." He said, quietly tucking my long black hair behind my ear.

We walked up the stairs, meeting Annie and heading to apartment 211.

Annie was... strangely silent now. She was before, but not like this. Something changed.

I wanted so badly to know what she was thinking.. but it didn't matter. What mattered was the apartment we were walking to.

The apartment that we were now in front of.

Apartment 211.

My heart beated fast, and many butterflies flew around in my stomach. Sweat pooled over my forehead, as a warm hand interlocked with mine.

It was Josh.

I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. Noticing my nervousness, he tightly squeezed my hand in a comforting manner.

What would I do without him..

Annie looked back at me, lips quivering as she swiftly turned back towards the door and gave it a light, yet loud knock.

A few seconds passed as we heard slight shuffling in the apartment.

"Is someone there?" A quiet female voice sounded from inside the apartment.

The door opened, with a petite woman standing in front of it. Her light brown hair snaked down to her shoulder, sitting comfortably on her chest. She wore a name tag that said Gina in small, but easy to read, lettering.

She had to be his nurse.

My dream might just be right.. I thought to myself.

"Who are you? I don't recognize who you are.." The small girl, who's apparently called Gina, said.

"Oh.. Uh.. We're distant family. We came here to see our dad, we haven't seen him in a long time.. does he still live here?" Annie strongly, but subtly, voiced.

Gina eyed us warily, obviously confused, but on guard.

"What's his name?" Gina suddenly blurted out, her lightly shaded blue eyes looking at all of us intently.

"William Hudson." Josh stated, giving Gina the same look.

Gina's eyes went wide, and she began to relax.

"Okay, you guys seem to be telling the truth. Though, he's never mentioned any kids.." She lightly muttered to herself.

Letting us in, she says "He may not be of much use, though. He's pretty sick.. All he can do is write."

"Sick how?" Asked Josh.

"We-well we aren't.. exactly sure. He can't walk or talk, but he can still hear and write. A very peculiar case, really... I'm his nurse, if you haven't already gathered that. "

Josh and I looked at each other. I'm sure we were thinking the same thing.

This is going quite similar to my dream.

She led us to a small, office like, back room in the apartment.

The apartment was, actually quite big. It had three bedrooms and a small office like room, with a decently sized kitchen and two bathrooms.

It looked so familiar..

When we got to the back room, the first thing to catch our eye was the man in the wheel chair.

Oh my God.

I remember everything.

Memories flooded back to me, as I stared fearfully at this man in this room before me.

This room, wasn't just any room.

It was the room.

The room that has haunted me ever since I saw it.

The room in my dreams.