The Sleeping Bear And Its Intruders

Annabella's POV:

14 years ago~

Jess had just claimed the victory we so badly wanted. We finally got into the back room of apartment 211.

The sleeping monster on the couch was nerve racking, but being with Jess made it better. 

She held my hand as we happily made our way to the door we always wanted to be on the other side of. Jess took hold of the black key and unlocked the very rusty, once silver, padlock.

Unlocking the key, she says, "You ready Annie?"

I give her a determined look as I say "Ready!" In a whisper.

Jess's POV:

14 years ago~

Annie was ready and so was I. A scared, yet excited look on our faces, as I slowly turned the knob. Careful not to wake the sleeping bear.

When we opened the door, the room was dark. Once my eyes adjusted, I could make out a small chest in front of me. On one side, there was a pile of stuffed toys and occasional barbies, on the other was a small child like chair and a small table.

The room wasn't very tidy or organized, but to our child minds it was the best.

We walked in, and I quietly shut the door. Making sure to lock it as we came in.

Annie immediately walked to the pile of stuffed toys and barbies. Picking one up and playing with its hair. I did the same, sitting down and inviting her to as well.

We played and played, a huge smile on our faces as we happily continued. 

We were having so much fun, with these newfound toys we barely played with. It was nice to play with these for a change, and not the same old ones we used everyday. 

We lost track of time, not knowing the sleeping bear had been poked. 

......

About thirty minutes had now passed after we entered the room we always wanted to be in.

The fun filled time we had was now gone, as we heard the bear on the other side of the door. His angry foot steps getting closer and closer, our tiny bodies frozen in place. 

Then there was banging on the door. 

An angry sort of banging,

as if we weren't supposed to be there.