Annabella's Dreams

Annabella's POV

Present day..

I woke in a sweat.

Once again, I dreamt of that monster we called our father.

Holding me over a balcony... God I wish it was just a dream.

That best friend of Jess's wants to go back.. but a part of me doesn't. It's so hard to face the abusive man who held us over a second story balcony, the potential death of the concrete below haunting my memory.

If the monster could, would he have let go and watched us fall?

Probably..

We were children! Jesus! Who threatens to throw a child off of a second story simply for playing in a room?

I hope Jessica hates that man as much as I do. 

The flash of memories that flooded me when we walked in there.. that hellhole we saw as our home for so long. The place I once thought of as a haven of peace. 

How did I forget so easily.. the horrors that lay in apartment 211...

I guess they were so tragic I subconsciously blocked them out.

I guess we'll never truly know.

And the woman.. his ex wife.. who promised us a way out...

What ever happened to her?

Lord only knows where she is now.. hopefully not six feet under.

Cause we all know that man is capable of putting someone in a grave.

I woke up from the nightmare that's plagued me for so long, and tried my best to forget.

Just like I did fourteen years ago.

Jess's POV:

Present day

Annie hadn't texted me in a couple days and I was starting to get worried.

So I texted her.

Jess: Hey Annie, have you been okay?

Annie:  Not really..

Jess: I'm sorry... what's up?

Annie:  I've just been having.. these dreams.. about the past... it's really getting to me.

Jess: What kind of dreams?

Annie: Specifically about... the balcony. When he held us over.. I still see the looming concrete below me clear as day.

Jess: I- honestly I don't know what to say.. do you think it's because we saw him again?

Annie: Yes.. 

I didn't blame Annie for isolating.. now that I understood why she was MIA for days... she was experiencing trauma. 

 Jess: We don't have to go back if it's too much for you.

Annie: No, no. I need to be there. It's part of the healing process.. as hard as it is. Plus, I wanna be there for you.

Jess: Thank you, I just don't want it to hurt you even more.

Annie: I'll be okay.

With the conversation ending there, I began to think about how the next visit to Courtmen drive would be like.

Would we find out who his daughter is? 

And what secrets will we uncover?

The race in my mind was overbearing, once again apartment 211 was all I could think about.

I wanna move on, erase that place from my mind and be done.

And maybe, just maybe, I'd stop having nightmares about that awful man..

..and our awful past.